Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The book on Killorn was always that he had a complete, well rounded game. Definitely a top 6 complimentary forward, much in the mold of Palat. He does all of the little things and makes plays all over the ice and along the wall.

Lineup should be very interesting next season, but if you can push Killorn down onto Boyles wing that line will look a hell of a lot more dangerous.

thats the plan if you can get drouin with it on defense

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I like him a lot recently. Teams have to focus on the Triplets, and even with out the goal scoring they can never forget about Stamkos.

And then a guy like Killorn steps up and contributes in the playoffs, he's not lightning the league on fire, but it's the kind of performance you need from a guy like him if you're going to go deep in the playoffs... and look at where this team is, deep in the playoffs.

I don't think this means he's suddenly a lock for the first line again, 2nd is a good spot and 3rd is really ideal. But knowing he's capable of moving up the lines and has the extra level of compete when his team needs it? that's a great player to have on the roster.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not saying it's fine that he doesn't produce more during the season but quite frankly, I don't mind average producers that could step it up in the playoffs... granted that Killer turns out like that over time.

There are still a lot of uncertainties outside of the Triplets on offense but I think Killer is fine as a depth player but not for much more than his current salary unless he can improve defensively and on the PK (where he does spend time).

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
You could argue Killorn has been in the post-season one of the most important players in Cooper's system. We're 2-1 in the ECF and Killer is playing 20 minutes a game, more than any forward, in all situation, he must be good at something I guess.

Come on, Killorn has improved his overall game all season long to finally look like an above average 1st line winger.

Will it last ? not sure, that's what he is at the moment though, a terrific all-around player.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Also tied with Johnson in the post season with 10 points each at even strength, all this without Palat and Kuch, obviously.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You could argue Killorn has been in the post-season one of the most important players in Cooper's system. We're 2-1 in the ECF and Killer is playing 20 minutes a game, more than any forward, in all situation, he must be good at something I guess.

Come on, Killorn has improved his overall game all season long to finally look like an above average 1st line winger.

Will it last ? not sure, that's what he is at the moment though, a terrific all-around player.

he has earned his contract to me and that is statement he was trade bait till last month of year imho now keep him for as long as possible hell he might turn out better then i ever said he could

and im the guy you all laugh at on predictions especially points haha but this team has a lot lot ton of talented young guys who are gelling learning to win and play this game and scoring galore lmao

p.s. am also a lot higher on jt brown then ever before if he can find that scoring touch like killorn is doing ohhh boy not saying he will ever be more then a fourth liner just saying if he can learn those break aways to get 15 a year what a stud that would be with what else he brings

i always said killorn could not be more then a 40 point guy im not sure after this playoffs hes improving

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
We have to remember that this guy was in wave 1 of the "Tampa Bay Crunch" with Panik, etc. He's still young but he's already cemented himself in our top 6 which is crazy looking back. He honestly plays like a 30 year old veteran so it's easy to forget he's basically the same group as TKO.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Killorn is gone over the summer. Big playoffs... value is at an all time high

What? why? There is no way we can get the kind of value Killorn brings at 2.5m. If he has to leave I'd rather keep him for his final year of that contract and let him walk next year.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
What? why? There is no way we can get the kind of value Killorn brings at 2.5m. If he has to leave I'd rather keep him for his final year of that contract and let him walk next year.

Well, look at Chicago. They had to let some great players go to keep the cap to keep their core. Right now, the core is Stamkos, Triplets, Hedman Stralman. Outside of that, anyone on the playoff roster can go for the right price. If Buffalo comes out and offers a 1st for Killer, we think about it. Not saying we do it, but we think about it.
And this is coming from a long time supported of Killer. He really turned the corner about February and hes been stellar since then.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well, look at Chicago. They had to let some great players go to keep the cap to keep their core. Right now, the core is Stamkos, Triplets, Hedman Stralman. Outside of that, anyone on the playoff roster can go for the right price. If Buffalo comes out and offers a 1st for Killer, we think about it. Not saying we do it, but we think about it.
And this is coming from a long time supported of Killer. He really turned the corner about February and hes been stellar since then.

The core is Johnson, Palat, Kucherov and Hedman. Stamkos only if he takes a serious discount, Stralman is good but not core. I agree anybody can go but there would be many more I'd move before Killorn. We don't need a 1st so that trade doesn't entice me.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He doesn't need to be gone over the summer, and he's been playing like his name is Ondrej Palat at least since the Montreal series. I love the guy, but he could make more money and garner a really good return in a trade to the right team.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
No, he's not getting moved. We'll let Morrow and Pac walk but this guy isn't moving out of TB. Not a chance. He'll be a semi-mentor for Erne.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's no reason to move Killorn unless we have our eye on some sort of missing piece to the puzzle. He's expendable, but there's just no reason to pull the trigger on that kind of move unless he demands a serious raise. We're going to be even better as soon as we can afford to play Killer on the 3rd line.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

The team is highly competitive right now, Killorn at 2.5m for one more season + possible resigning is worth more than the 21st overall, Killorn has been a steady 0.5PPG player his entire career, that's already better than most late first rounders..

We're not going backwards, if Killorn is traded it'll be for an upgrade.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My rationale is I think someone may be willing to significantly overpay for him. I like killer... I really do btw

I'd rather take a lesser offer for Carle or Callahan. I'm not a Killorn fan, well most regular season Killorn, but he elevates his game in the playoffs and is fairly cheap. A 1st round pick isn't going to help the team win next year. Drouin would outproduce Killorn but is not a complete player, Erne will be better in time but that's not next season. As we saw with the Connolly trade we don't have the depth like people think.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
All year people were saying trade Killorn. Play Killorn on the 4th line. Blah blah.

And all year I tried to tell you guys you were wrong.

Now bow before me. Bow!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
All year people were saying trade Killorn. Play Killorn on the 4th line. Blah blah.

Now bow before me. Bow!

He doesn't play nearly this well in the regular season. He's pretty frustrating but he sure knows when to step his game up.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The core is Johnson, Palat, Kucherov and Hedman. Stamkos only if he takes a serious discount, Stralman is good but not core. I agree anybody can go but there would be many more I'd move before Killorn. We don't need a 1st so that trade doesn't entice me.

killer is core!!! The Tampa Bay Times reported the contract will pay Killorn $2.4 million for 2014-15 and $2.7 million for 2015-16. Killorn, 24, was scheduled to become a restricted free agent July 1.

"They wanted me to be part of what they have going on in the future, so I was excited about that," Killorn told the Times.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

Now bow before me. Bow!

to be fair, killer has changed his game. he's playing more physical, and he's getting dirty.

does this mean that he's learned? will he continue this in the regular season? or is he lecavalier 2.0?

still up for debate, imo

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
He doesn't play nearly this well in the regular season. He's pretty frustrating but he sure knows when to step his game up.

to be fair, killer has changed his game. he's playing more physical, and he's getting dirty.

does this mean that he's learned? will he continue this in the regular season? or is he lecavalier 2.0?

still up for debate, imo

His game is the same. He's just upped it. And you can go get quotes from me saying almost exactly that. I've said numerous times Killorn isn't a guy you trade, he's a guy who helps you win Cups. He's a top 6 utility guy that can do everything. He's actually extremely underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad