Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Killorn is easily the most underrated player on this team by our fans. Its criminal.

Eh, he's alright. He's on a bit of a hot streak right now, but before this, was awful (this season of course). I've said it before, I was never huge on Killorn. The kid is good, but replaceable. If he were traded, I wouldn't lose sleep.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He struggled for long stretches last season, but he's been pretty good on a game by game basis this season. Even without the goals, he's been getting his nose dirty.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Eh, he's alright. He's on a bit of a hot streak right now, but before this, was awful (this season of course). I've said it before, I was never huge on Killorn. The kid is good, but replaceable. If he were traded, I wouldn't lose sleep.

Killorn is the type that you dont realize what youre taking for granted until he is gone.

And he has been fine this year. .5 PPG forwards with size dont fall out of trees. Hes a valuable player and can be effective on line 1 or on line 4.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Killorn is the type that you dont realize what youre taking for granted until he is gone.

And he has been fine this year. .5 PPG forwards with size dont fall out of trees. Hes a valuable player and can be effective on line 1 or on line 4.

When he was injured for those games did you ever once think to yourself "wow we could've really used Killorn there"?

Nope.

He's been great since coming back though.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina

Isn't that kind of funny? I loved Killorn last year, but this year if he got dealt at the deadline I wouldn't care all that much. But at the same time, I would be very disappointed if anything happened to 0.000005 goals/game JT Brown.

I guess it's a matter of performance vs expectations, but I just can't shake the thought that I liked Killorn so much last year and am so milquetoast on him this season.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He's winning me over this season, but if he gets traded I hope it's to a good team and not to join Teddy on the Oilers or something like that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's winning me over this season, but if he gets traded I hope it's to a good team and not to join Teddy on the Oilers or something like that.

Being traded to the Oilers is like being deserted on the island of misfit toys. :shakehead

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
When he was injured for those games did you ever once think to yourself "wow we could've really used Killorn there"?

Nope.

He's been great since coming back though.

We are doing pretty well without Hedman. Trade him.

We did pretty well without Stamkos last year. Trade him too.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Substitute Killorn for Hedman/Stamkos and try again.

My statement stands. We are second best record in the league without Hedman. We had a great record without Stamkos. The team can obviously survive because of depth if we didn't have either of them. It's also great that we have both of them and that makes the team better.

Killorn brings a lot to the table. And he makes the team better when he's playing.

I don't know why this is hard to understand. Just because the team can be successful without him in the lineup doesn't mean the team isn't better with him in the lineup.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
OK I'm the first guy in line to want to trade Killorn but I never said to give him away for nothing and I also said I don't like him at all in the top 6.

But since this guy has been in the bottom six he has really played well. He does everything you could ask for. So I just want to give him credit for the great job he is doing.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
OK I'm the first guy in line to want to trade Killorn but I never said to give him away for nothing and I also said I don't like him at all in the top 6.

But since this guy has been in the bottom six he has really played well. He does everything you could ask for. So I just want to give him credit for the great job he is doing.

He just seems like a guy that could get a long contract at a gentle cap hit from us.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Just to give the man some love. Never been a fan of his before but something changed with Killorn, his hockey sense has greatly improved the past few weeks it's so amazing I hope it's for real. AK didn't score a lot of points but he's been the boss on that new 3rd line lately, controlling the pace, making the smart play to keep the cycle going. This team is taking another step in terms of puck possession a.k.a dominance & it's due to the emergence of Killorn & Connolly IMO.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Killer is very streaky. He'll have games you wish he wasn't on the team. Next game he's a wrecking ball destroying anything in his path while casually firing absolute lasers like it's the easiest thing in the world.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
I've liked the improvements I've seen in Killorn's game this season. He looks quicker, drives the net more, is making better decisions, and is aiming his shots better instead of just thumping goalies mid-chest every time. Definitely passing the eyeball test. His game looked to have stagnated last season, but he did himself a favor with whatever he did in the off season. Grats.

Would still like him to be more physical. He doesn't need to lay bone crunching hits that rattle his own melon, but shoving a guy off the puck is effective at close range. My 2 cents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad