Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Next season is his last year on his current contract. Next contract is RFA. 2.7m salary this year, 2.55m cap hit. With the way he's elevated his play this year in the postseason it would be fairly difficult to convince us he needs to be moved until we actually see the other young guys getting signed to their UFA contracts.

Signing priority I would guess is likely:
Stamkos
Hedman
Johnson
Kucherov (he's still on his ELC, so I'm guessing he gets a good contract for all but 1 RFA year)
Palat
Killorn

Drouin we can take along slowly so I don't see a need to consider him in that list yet.

i like this but like to think coburn deserves some money too

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Possibly making Callahan expendable?

I'd have to think with Erne coming and Killorn blowing Callahan out of the water this post-season, it's making a possible trade involving 24 seem enticing for Yzerman.

The question is whether someone would want that hideous contract.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

I'd have to think with Erne coming and Killorn blowing Callahan out of the water this post-season, it's making a possible trade involving 24 seem enticing for Yzerman.

He'll be, what, 34 by the time we need to move him? I'm sure the cap will move enough to give us some breathing room with regards to retention.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
did anyone here about Killorn and Tinder? Lol pretty funny.

Hey if it makes him score goals so be it.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
haha. Doubt that's really him, anybody can make a fake profile on these dating apps. Also, let's be honest, a guy like Killorn doesn't need Tinder to hook up.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Honestly, any guessing about who is gonna be left in the cold is useless until we have a new cap number for Stamkos. Once we have that, we can see what fits where.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Honestly, any guessing about who is gonna be left in the cold is useless until we have a new cap number for Stamkos. Once we have that, we can see what fits where.

This is true! This decides Tampas fait, Does Stammer take a discount to continue winning? Does Yzerman pull some magic? Or do we give him allllll the money? We have a few other contracts coming up in the next few years and these guys deserve to get paid, including Killorn right now, wow what a playoff performer he has become. (He even showed signs of it during last years terrible 4 game run)

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
At $5M or above, Coburn starts to look very replaceable in my opinion. :shakehead

At $5M or above, a LOT of our players look replaceable... Coburn's good, but he's not quite $5m/year good.

He's not going anywhere for at least 5 years, no point in even discussing it to be honest. He wants to play here, and know it's his best chance at a cup.

He's a bust. :sarcasm:

You know for a fact someone got fired over that one :laugh:

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
"Top 15 Smartest NHL Players" 1. Alex Killorn

Congrats

"Just a few weeks ago, Alex Killorn of the Tampa Bay Lightning was battling it out for hockey’s Holy Grail in the Stanley Cup Final; in Game 1, he became the first Harvard graduate to score a goal in the Stanley Cup Final.

As a 15-year-old, Killorn was drafted 42nd overall in the QMJHL draft by Shawinigan; however, since the Killorn family values education so highly, the decision to attend Harvard was an easy one. After four years playing for the Crimson, Killorn not only finished as one of the team’s offensive leaders, but he graduated with a degree in political science with a 3.5 GPA—a staggering accomplishment for an All-American athlete attending an Ivy League school."
http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-15-smartest-nhl-players/15/

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1