Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

BOS77

Jul 17, 2011
Nova Scotia
Hey Guy's just wondering were you see alex fitting next season,from what i seen of him he looked pretty good in his fist year, do you see him in a top 6 roll putting up some number.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He's a great fit for the top line. Great puck possession and great puck hound, makes space for Stammer and Marty. I expect he'll be back there.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Hey Guy's just wondering were you see alex fitting next season,from what i seen of him he looked pretty good in his fist year, do you see him in a top 6 roll putting up some number.

I don't think there is a consensus among posters here where he belongs. Most will agree he is a lock for the NHL team this season, though.

He seems to be able to play with Stamkos and Marty pretty well, with the other kids pretty well, and did some damage on the Vinny line, too. With that in mind I think he could fit anywhere, but there is probably the biggest need for the Purcell line?

Anyone agree?

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I don't think there is a consensus among posters here where he belongs. Most will agree he is a lock for the NHL team this season, though.

He seems to be able to play with Stamkos and Marty pretty well, with the other kids pretty well, and did some damage on the Vinny line, too. With that in mind I think he could fit anywhere, but there is probably the biggest need for the Purcell line?

Anyone agree?

I would put him together with Stammer and Marty, simply because he adds some size and because those two really seemed to struggle with puck possession and actually setting up plays in the offensive zone at times.

Despite how much I'd like to see Drouin play with Stammer, he's probably a better fit to start the year (at least in his 9-game stint) on the 2nd line with Teddy.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
:facepalm:

Unless this was a pun about Drouin taking his spot on the 1st line and him shifting to the 2nd line.

I had to bring it up.

95% of us were blindsided by the CC move. We RARELY (think I saw like 3 posts mentioning the possibility) brought up the nonsense of trading a Calder candidate.

I'm a very superstitious fellow... #DraftValeri

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I had to bring it up.

95% of us were blindsided by the CC move. We RARELY (think I saw like 3 posts mentioning the possibility) brought up the nonsense of trading a Calder candidate.

I'm a very superstitious fellow... #DraftValeri

Your jinx better work...

Big difference between CC and AK. AK was probably the best fit for Coop's intended puck possession style, giving him up now would be counterproductive. Between Killorn and Drouin, we have two players that thrive on puck possession and can help set the tempo for our offense.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Your jinx better work...

Big difference between CC and AK. AK was probably the best fit for Coop's intended puck possession style, giving him up now would be counterproductive. Between Killorn and Drouin, we have two players that thrive on puck possession and can help set the tempo for our offense.

I don't think people understand how underrated the dude was this year. He was not playing like a rookie.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as 2C. Hahhhvahd.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
I don't think people understand how underrated the dude was this year. He was not playing like a rookie.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as 2C. Hahhhvahd.

Killornsanity?

I don't have enough of a scout's eye to say if this could work or not, but the idea is nice. He seems to have the skillset and smarts required for the modern 2-way center, but he hasn't been given that responsibility at this level yet either. I guess we'll find out if they see him as a center.

Last edited:

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
1st Line wing is where I'd put him. Good possession play, big enough to rush the zone. Put him with Marty and Stamkos and watch him rack up secondary assists and watch Stamkos's turnovers drop significantly since he won't have to do that skate-halfway-up-the-boards-pivot-at-the-top-of-the-circle-get-checked-off-the-puckmove that he does EVERY OFFENSIVE ZONE ENTRY

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Sens fan coming in peace

Just wondering where Killorn fits this year? I'm pondering grabbing him in my fantasy pool but not sure if he will be in the top 6 or have any PP time this year when Drouin returns.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated, and good luck this season, I think your team has a real strong chance this year :)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sens fan coming in peace

Just wondering where Killorn fits this year? I'm pondering grabbing him in my fantasy pool but not sure if he will be in the top 6 or have any PP time this year when Drouin returns.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated, and good luck this season, I think your team has a real strong chance this year :)

A lot will depend on who's going to be sent down today. During the playoffs he had good chemistry on Stammer's line but that was when Stammer was used as RW to Johnson due to his leg injury. I wouldn't rule it out but he'll most likely play 2nd or 3rd line LW. 2nd PP unit - if at all (again depending on who stays and whether we roll 3F/2D or 4F/1D on our 1st and/or 2nd unit).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
he looks like he might take a leap otherwise he is just a 45 point guy in top nine at tops. He did well in some scrimmages he hit a ton of posts last year if he can get those to fall he could have a 10 point swing at least. He is not going to ever turn into a ppg but he is decent at 0.5 to 0.6 depending on his streakiness and conversion rates and not hitting the posts. He will do it all go to net etc.. and we have a lot more skill this year so to me 50 is not out of the question.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Taking into consideration the latest line combinations:

Palat/Stammer/Johnson
Killorn/Filp/Callahan
Kucherov/Namestnikov/Connolly
Morrow/Boyle/Brown

You are looking at 2nd line to start the year. However, when Drouin comes back...Drouin slots nicely into that second line LW. That would put Killorn on fourth line with Boyle. Minutes are going to be at a premium here pretty soon. Or Kucherov and Drouin flip if they want Drouin on thrid line. However, doubt it because of the Kucherov/Namestnikov chemistry.

Lots of unknowns still...line combinations aren't set yet and we don't know who has made the team. No set roster much less line combinations yet either. Plus we haven't seen Drouin at all so we haven't seen who Cooper likes Drouin to play with as a pair as he hasn't played all preseason. Tough to guess about Killorn right now...too many balls up in the air still.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This one's been dormant awhile :bumpity

Killer's looking good lately.

So maybe it was just the Killer/Flip/Cally line combo that was not working. Last night Killer/Stammer/Cally looked really good, and they showed that instant chemistry.

Killorn playing well just gives us more depth and another threat to score, so it's all good.

I loved how he started the play, got the puck to Cally, then rushed to the front of the net for the deflection to finish the play. Hope he builds off on this.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
When Killorn is aggressive on the forecheck and in taking away space, he's very effective. Sometimes he plays tentative. He needs to just watch Callahan/Palat and play exactly like that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
When Killorn is aggressive on the forecheck and in taking away space, he's very effective. Sometimes he plays tentative. He needs to just watch Callahan/Palat and play exactly like that.

Him skating with Callahan will certainly help that. I think he was def feeding off of Cally's and Stammer's drive last night. Both were looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->