Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
I dodn't have the chance to watch yesterday's game, how did the kid play? His line seemed to play well with Prust and Eller picking up 3 points while Galchenyuk didn't get any..

Loved his play on the Eller goal, going to the net and bringing his man with him, putting three Canes for two Habs on the right side, opening up Eller on the left.

Dec 2, 2010
Lately he's just been quietly good. I like that. It's not easy to be good while not flashy especially with the spotlight on him.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Yakupov with a pt... now has 1 more pt than Chukie.

Bust!!!:shakehead

"Chuckie" has been playing fantastic lately and doesn't need the points to validate his great play. I know it was tongue in cheek though.

Really wish he WOULD put up some points though with Eller at the top of his game and the only.. euh.. other good player on his line... he should be getting more points.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
I thought there's been a few instances this season where Chucky should have gotten an assist but didn't, usually because the puck bounced on an opposing stick, but in many cases he still deserved the assist.

The floodgates will open soon, he's bound to get points if he keeps playing with Eller who's on fire right now. In any case, even if he's not getting points, he's playing well and is adapting very well to the NHL. He probably won't win the Calder but that's alright, we have Gally for that.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
There's nothing wrong with Galchenyuk. He's 18 and is leading the team in +/-. He's defensively sound and can score. Having him and Gallagher in the lineup makes the team better and give more depth. And we Bourque and Prust returns, I scratch Armstrong, and White.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
There's nothing wrong with Galchenyuk. He's 18 and is leading the team in +/-. He's defensively sound and can score. Having him and Gallagher in the lineup makes the team better and give more depth. And we Bourque and Prust returns, I scratch Armstrong, and White.

He's 3rd in +/- with 8 (Prust leads with 13, Gallagher has 9).

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
what NHL player(or ex NHL player) does he remind you of the most?

after seeing play at NHL level for 27 games now I would like to know what you guys think??

with he's great speed and great puck controle and lazer of a shot he reminds me a bit of
Marian Gaborik

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Cant wait to see Gally next years (with more confidence), and I am recording today match again Devil to ensure I don't miss is 1 Hat trick ;) lol

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal

after seeing play at NHL level for 27 games now I would like to know what you guys think??

with he's great speed and great puck controle and lazer of a shot he reminds me a bit of
Marian Gaborik

He's a great play maker is the 1st thing i notice. Knows where to put the puck and has good instincts. Second are his soft hands and quick release. 3rd, it's his his fast jump --which is there at times, and not there other times.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Marian Gaborik

He reminds me of Mario when I see him skating with the puck.

IceMaster

Oct 31, 2008

Marian Gaborik

What about a young Pavel Datsyuk?

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012

Marian Gaborik

For me its easy ... Gally is playing like Malkin!!!

Size,Speed,stick handling,hockey IQ,Shot.....he has it all
(and he is shy like Malkin;))

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
For me its easy ... Gally is playing like Malkin!!!

Size,Speed,stick handling,hockey IQ,Shot.....he has it all
(and he is shy like Malkin;))

Except Malkin had 33 goals and 52 assists in his rookie season.

Galchenyuk will be good, really good.. but a lot of you are overrating him a bit, no?

He has average size (big for the Habs I guess :sarcasm: ), decent speed, good stick handling and hockey IQ. I don't think he is using his shot well at all so far. Out of his 3 goals, one was a tip in, one was a tap in at the crease and one bounced in after some nice moves to get it to the net.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal

Galchenyuk will be good, really good.. but a lot of you are overrating him a bit, no?

He has average size (big for the Habs I guess :sarcasm: ), decent speed, good stick handling and hockey IQ. I don't think he is using his shot well at all so far. Out of his 3 goals, one was a tip in, one was a tap in at the crease and one bounced in after some nice moves to get it to the net.

I can't wait to see him roof it top corner. Came close the other night at the end of the game.

I think once he gets his 1st traditional sniper goal more will follow quickly.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Malkin was also 2 years older.

I think Galchenyuk look stressed out there to not make any mistake so he rush his decision making a bit.

I think he has elite on ice vision and offensive abilities but he needs to work on his strenght and puck possesion to buy him a second or two with the puck and becoming more efficient with his playmaking style.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012

I think Galchenyuk look stressed out there to not make any mistake so he rush his decision making a bit.

I think he has elite on ice vision and offensive abilities but he needs to work on his strenght and puck possesion to buy him a second or two with the puck and becoming more efficient with his playmaking style.

I agree 200%, and also don't forget Gally missed one years

Thats why I said Gally is playing like Malkin, I didn't said he was as good as Malkin , BUT I hope so :)

Last edited:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

Malkin was one year older, but still, rookie season is a rookie season in the NHL.

I agree with everything you said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad