Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlawrence

Jul 1, 2012
He hasn't look great the last couple of games, but he hasn't looked bad either. Pretty hard to do anything when you're on the 4th line with White and Armstrong.

He did make a sweet move last night though, going wide putting it between the legs and then driving the net. I was like :amazed: the whole time.

Do you know where I can find a video of the move?

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I think the team is careful with Galchenyuk. They don't want to rush the kid, he's 18-19 and in the market like Montreal, its much tougher. Look what happened to Sergei Kostitsyn. When Galchenyuk is 22, he'll be ready to lead this team just like Carey Price. But as of right now we must surround Galchenyuk and Gallagher with veterans.

Upside for Galchenyuk is #1 center.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
In the last 2-3 games, our forwards have played quite well. Am I the only one who think that Galchenyuk has been relatively one of the worst recently ? Maybe White or Armstrong have been on the same level lately.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
In the last 2-3 games, our forwards have played quite well. Am I the only one who think that Galchenyuk has been relatively one of the worst recently ? Maybe White or Armstrong have been on the same level lately.

No, He's young.. Last night I saw him with everyone except gally-pac-dd and he is versatile.

But his best was when he was with gio and ryder... Those cross ice passes this kid makes are unbelieavble.. I watched him in sarnia and he has one of the best passes ive ever seen.

onemorecup*

i think the team is careful with galchenyuk. They don't want to rush the kid, he's 18-19 and in the market like montreal, its much tougher. Look what happened to sergei kostitsyn. When galchenyuk is 22, he'll be ready to lead this team just like carey price. But as of right now we must surround galchenyuk and gallagher with veterans.

Upside for galchenyuk is #1 center.

and next year

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I said this in the GDT last night, but I swear Galchenyuk could have at least 5 more assists this season if people would just bury his perfect passes..mainly Prust.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
looked faster and stronger than usual last night.

I think we're about to see a modest breakout in production.

Mark this post!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I said this in the GDT last night, but I swear Galchenyuk could have at least 5 more assists this season if people would just bury his perfect passes..mainly Prust.

To be fair, can't we say this about most players in the NHL?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I think the team is careful with Galchenyuk. They don't want to rush the kid, he's 18-19 and in the market like Montreal, its much tougher. Look what happened to Sergei Kostitsyn. When Galchenyuk is 22, he'll be ready to lead this team just like Carey Price. But as of right now we must surround Galchenyuk and Gallagher with veterans.

Upside for Galchenyuk is #1 center.

That is his downside my friend. :) I do agree, although, that I would like his balls to drop sooner than later. They should be teaching him how to use his size over his already alarming skill set. No expert, just a fan.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Well, I suppose. But the point I was trying to make is that it seems like at least once every game or two, there's a point in the game where Alex seems to find someone wide open near the net with a perfect pass, and they can't finish his play.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

That is a poor generalization. Most fans and players seem to be shocked by the "situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck. Remember he's 19. I would not question it, if someone suggested that he, himself, is "shocked by the situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck".

Let the kid take his lumps. And, he took some last game L M A O! He would absolutely destroy the AHL if allowed to play there. Just my .02

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I just found out that Chuckie's ugly pre-game jacket is his pre-game ritual. It was his Dad's CCM Coat. He wears it before every single game

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
That is a poor generalization. Most fans and players seem to be shocked by the "situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck. Remember he's 19. I would not question it, if someone suggested that he, himself, is "shocked by the situations" he is able to pass accurately in, let alone get himself into... with the puck".

Let the kid take his lumps. And, he took some last game L M A O! He would absolutely destroy the AHL if allowed to play there. Just my .02

Haha, Plekanec goal was an example... I personally did not know what has happened until I saw the replay.

The ability to make that pass instantly with that precision is truly amazing.:)

onemorecup*

he is going to be a star and maybe as fast as next season , our first legit #1 center since Damphousee

at some point he centers Max to form our top line

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well, I suppose. But the point I was trying to make is that it seems like at least once every game or two, there's a point in the game where Alex seems to find someone wide open near the net with a perfect pass, and they can't finish his play.

Totally agree!
Can't wait to see this kid with major PP Time....

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I dodn't have the chance to watch yesterday's game, how did the kid play? His line seemed to play well with Prust and Eller picking up 3 points while Galchenyuk didn't get any..

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Good to know...Thanks guys.

It's tough for an 18-19 year old to be consistent in this league. He'll learn to be over time. He also needs to fill out that frame so he becomes even harder to know off the puck. He'll be a force when he learns the NHL game and become physically mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad