Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Something better change as soon as game five with the way they're treating Galchenyuk. I was dumbfounded at why Ryder or Desharnais was getting more ice time last night than Galchenyuk, when Galchenyuk was one of our best forwards last night with a lot of hustle, effort and drive. Ryder was especially coasting last night. It was bad. Doesn't make sense to bench a 19 year old coming off his first career playoff goal. You just knew he was going to do more damage if he was given ice time. It has to change, because Desharnais and Ryder aren't generating much on the offense right now.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
a) Yes it's odd that he didn't get one shift, but quite honestly the game should have ended 2-0 even with his limited ice time. It's not the biggest gaff. We were (when allowed to plan accordingly or prevent illegal goals) playing well enough and a decent line between sitting back and attacking. There would have been far more mistakes in the neutral zone IMO if we didn't play the game we did.

b) I finally got my wish that I've been harping on about in this very thread - a Chucky wrist shot goal. That and I also predicted he would come up huge in Game 4.

So, prediction:

Galcheknyuk will be terrific, again, in game 5. (He was NOT in gm3.)

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Reading comprehension. Two posts in a row. :facepalm:

He's scored the most points, I don't feel he's been our best forward. There are ups and downs, Gallagher would be my choice for most effective forward. Played on the top line, created chances, played on Galchenyuk's line, created chances. That's my opinion, I'm not bashing Galchenyuk, just looking a little deeper at his play.

Classic redirection. When you find out you are wrong, you choose to talk about something that makes you right instead of admitting you're wrong. Own up your mistakes, it shows humility and willingness to accept other people's points of view when you determine yours wasn't necessarily right.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Classic redirection. When you find out you are wrong, you choose to talk about something that makes you right instead of admitting you're wrong. Own up your mistakes, it shows humility and willingness to accept other people's points of view when you determine yours wasn't necessarily right.

It wasn't clear I was arguing about him being our best forward? Stats are stats, it's pretty obvious he has the most points. Thought he was trying to make him out to be our best player. I reread the posts and it's pretty obvious he was just talking about stats. Apologies HiggsBozon, I rarely agree with you and I may have gotten a little excited. You were right. Thanks for letting me know patp77, I'm not generally like that.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It wasn't clear I was arguing about him being our best forward? Stats are stats, it's pretty obvious he has the most points. Thought he was trying to make him out to be our best player. I reread the posts and it's pretty obvious he was just talking about stats. Apologies HiggsBozon, I rarely agree with you and I may have gotten a little excited. You were right. Thanks for letting me know patp77, I'm not generally like that.

If I talked about our best player of the last month overall, I would have said Eller.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The sooner Galchenyuk-Eller become our 1-2 punch at center, the sooner this team will be able to succeed in the playoffs.

Plekanec can take on a more defensive role or be traded for a bonafide Top-6 winger for Eller. Desharnais can circle around the toilet bowl a few times for all I care.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The sooner Galchenyuk-Eller become our 1-2 punch at center, the sooner this team will be able to succeed in the playoffs.

Plekanec can take on a more defensive role or be traded for a bonafide Top-6 winger for Eller. Desharnais can circle around the toilet bowl a few times for all I care.

Because he's a turd. Apparently Bobby Ryan may be available. Something around Plekanec for Bobby?

I still can't get over that goal. What a shot. Incredible speed and release. Looks heavy too.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Something better change as soon as game five with the way they're treating Galchenyuk. I was dumbfounded at why Ryder or Desharnais was getting more ice time last night than Galchenyuk, when Galchenyuk was one of our best forwards last night with a lot of hustle, effort and drive. Ryder was especially coasting last night. It was bad. Doesn't make sense to bench a 19 year old coming off his first career playoff goal. You just knew he was going to do more damage if he was given ice time. It has to change, because Desharnais and Ryder aren't generating much on the offense right now.

They could be keeping him from getting injured or likely to be. He's 19 and not physically mature. Just my .02 and he'll be a terror at 22 if all goes well. "Chew slowly... it is the good stuff".

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Because he's a turd. Apparently Bobby Ryan may be available. Something around Plekanec for Bobby.

This trade would be great for both sides. Don't see Anaheim having the space to resign Bobby when his contract is up. They need a #2 C like plek and we need everything about Ryan. Size speed talent grit consistent scoring. He's also American and american players are winners.

Problem is who takes plek's role next season? I don't see galch being ready for full time center role next season tbh.

Gally and Chucky

No Excuses
Jun 11, 2011
Gatineau, Canada
This trade would be great for both sides. Don't see Anaheim having the space to resign Bobby when his contract is up. They need a #2 C like plek and we need everything about Ryan. Size speed talent grit consistent scoring. He's also American and american players

Problem is who takes plek's role next season? I don't see galch being ready for full time center role next season tbh.

Eller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->