Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk is already producing at a 0.67 PPG pace as an 18 years old (he started the season as an 18 yrs old).

That is the 26th best pace in NHL history for 18 yrs old among those that played 10+ games.

Pigems*

Galchenyuk is already producing at a 0.67 PPG pace as an 18 years old (he started the season as an 18 yrs old).

That is the 26th best pace in NHL history for 18 yrs old among those that played 10+ games.

That's pretty ****ing cool

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Thing with Galchenyuk is he could easily improve his ppg totals as the season progresses. He's clearly improving, and has only seen limited ice time. Course he could cool off too, in fact it's more likely. But his talent level is really something special. He could easily have a ppg stretch coming up.

Could. Guess I'm not saying much.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

list? curious who's on it

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I didnt actually think he was this high:amazed:

Obv Sid at 3 is obv. Damn god of hockey

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
To be honest, if he even keeps it up decently the rest of the season I will not be surprised if he gets a nomination. The NHL loves it when teams like the Habs get a legit star, easy to market. He'll be in the top3 simply from the CH on his chest.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
To be honest, if he even keeps it up decently the rest of the season I will not be surprised if he gets a nomination. The NHL loves it when teams like the Habs get a legit star, easy to market. He'll be in the top3 simply from the CH on his chest.

No... he's currently in the top 3 because he deserves it.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No... he's currently in the top 3 because he deserves it.

Don't get me wrong, Galchenyuk has played Incredible. I just think with such a tight race, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the nod over similar performances because he plays for a major team. That being said, I think he deserves to be considered top3 right now, I just meant in a hypothetical scenario where at the end of the year its too close to call to name only 3 candidates.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He probably has a better chance at .ppg in this shortened season than over an 82 games schedule even if he will be a year older.

Yep I agree, which is why I seriously doubt that he'll hit PPG next year. It's this year, or a couple down the road.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm not betting against Galchenyuk. If there's one thing I like most about him, it's his ability to transition from adapting to a certain situation to improving to dominating at a very quick pace.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I'm not betting against Galchenyuk. If there's one thing I like most about him, it's his ability to transition from adapting to a certain situation to improving to dominating at a very quick pace.

That's well said, who's to say that he won't mimic his OHL progression? I know that sounds insane, but he is looking more comfy out there. If he can string together a couple of multi point games (I know, not an easy task) at any point during the season I think it will be hard for him to cool off because he has such consistent work ethic, and then sky is the limit.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
the heck... I just bothered to check and he is one point away from the team lead in pts with 12 mins of TOI/g.. bonkers. This season would have been a disaster without him.

In comparison Tarasenko is 4 pts out of team lead, and Conacher is 11 pts out.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
The league will soon discover this gem.

Here is what I found on the Islanders board.;)
23r5t1z.png

Last edited:

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
His high skilled passes are that exciting because:
1. It shows a superior hockey IQ

and 2. He's a rookie who missed a year of hockey.

I often have to pinch myself as a reminder that he's really OUR prospect :)

I don't think any of us have fully grasped what we have on our hands yet. Right now we're all rooting for him to become the player we envision him to be but with extreme cautious optimism and reservation. I constantly have to put things in perspective for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad