Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I don't think any of us have fully grasped what we have on our hands yet. Right now we're all rooting for him to become the player we envision him to be but with extreme cautious optimism and reservation. I constantly have to put things in perspective for myself.

Very well said, ..i LOVE the kid, but me too i have to bring myself back down to earth sometimes only because hes not really the next crosby or anything, putting up 120 points

i think hes a given to be a 80 point player, its evident whenever he gets steady PP time he'll always be good for a point a game,especially next year

if he ever DOES reach 100 points? wow, GREAT, never before seen from a habs in my life, but time will tell on that one, but we just have to remind ourselves of what we truly have here and its great to watch, he really helps our team out in more ways than just offense, he rly does a decent job on our own zone as well

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'd like to see him shoot a little more. He's tied for 3rd in points but only 3 goals. That's the one thing I'd like to see a little more from him on.

He's been great though.

ahhh its not so bad, the goals will come ,

when pacioretty was a 20 year old rookie in 09 in his first year he played 34 games, 3 goals, 8 assists, 11 points all year

gally should eclipse that :D

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Love the way he is playing and most importantely love the way he is being used by the coaching staff. We've never seen this before from the coaching staff with young players and first mistake they would usually get benched and left aside

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Lentement mais sûrement to the Calder !!!! My prediction is 1G 1A again for Gally tonight :handclap:

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
Nicolas-Cage-nicolas-cage-26969953-1982-1300.jpg

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
16:00 of ice time for Galchenyuk, by far the highest of so far.

I'm still pissed at Therrien for putting ****ing Gionta in the SO but he's managing Chucky very well I found.

He played a great game tonight. You can start to see he's getting more and more comfortable in the NHL.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I know that this is a rather meaningless issue, but with Gallagher seemingly winning the "Gally" nickname, Galchenyuk is in need of a nickname. "Chucky" really doesn't fit imo.

I kind of think AliG works, or Alex the Great

anyway, still so glad to have him

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I know that this is a rather meaningless issue, but with Gallagher seemingly winning the "Gally" nickname, Galchenyuk is in need of a nickname. "Chucky" really doesn't fit imo.

I kind of think AliG works, or Alex the Great

anyway, still so glad to have him

Chucky is the nickname the habs players gave him... its hi official one... but even tough i came up with chucky before it was the official one.. i call him galchy. Lol

Bekbe

Aug 30, 2009
Quebec
Just a question of time. He is still too excited when he gets a scoring chance (hence why his shots are high and a bit wild). I'm going to cheer so loud the day he buries one of those shots.

I like the fact that he shoot more often lately

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm not betting against Galchenyuk. If there's one thing I like most about him, it's his ability to transition from adapting to a certain situation to improving to dominating at a very quick pace.

The scary thing is we're not even using him to the extent most teams showcase their star rookies. He is this good with limited ice time. That speaks volumes for his potential. I'd be shocked if he is not in contendership for the Calder.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
I love Carey Price but I'm still one of the few people on this board that maintains that we should have kept Halak and drafted Kopitar that year based on our need for a top line center. However, because we have Galchenyuk, who will most likely be as good as or better than Kopitar, I'm really liking the way things are shaping up.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He got a taste of what high level NHL hockey is in these 2 games and had some issues.

The Bourque injury really hurt Galchenyuk because it took Prust off his line.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
He hasn't look great the last couple of games, but he hasn't looked bad either. Pretty hard to do anything when you're on the 4th line with White and Armstrong.

He did make a sweet move last night though, going wide putting it between the legs and then driving the net. I was like :amazed: the whole time.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
He hasn't look great the last couple of games, but he hasn't looked bad either. Pretty hard to do anything when you're on the 4th line with White and Armstrong.

He did make a sweet move last night though, going wide putting it between the legs and then driving the net. I was like :amazed: the whole time.

Yeah that move was wild

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
I think the youngster is making a damn fine showing so far in the pressure cooker situation he finds himself in Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad