Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigems*

I brought up the Calder idea last week and you all claimed to early. How is this week and different? Lol I like the idea though

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Other one was well beyond 1000 posts.

Calder eh? I just want to say to you, Marc: I told you so! :P

Hahaha I'm only kidding, but man are we lucky to have this kid! I'm just hoping he gets a nomination at this point, but we'll see how the rest of the season goes. You never know...

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Calder eh? I just want to say to you, Marc: I told you so! :P

Hahaha I'm only kidding, but man are we lucky to have this kid! I'm just hoping he gets a nomination at this point, but we'll see how the rest of the season goes. You never know...

You have every right to gloat. Pretty much everything you wrote during our debates has happened.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He'll definately get nominated, ..but will need a great finish to win

12 points in 18 games is NOTHING to sneeze at, but im sure if he brings it up a lil, he just may win

Pigems*

He'll definately get nominated, ..but will need a great finish to win

12 points in 18 games is NOTHING to sneeze at, but im sure if he brings it up a lil, he just may win

Well he's starting to get more PP time now and with Eller and Cole on his line for now his production should at least remain steady if not improve.

Analyzer*

Tarasenko, Huberdeau or Galchenyuk... I think Galchenyuk has the momentum to be the #1 but anything can happen.

Cory Conacher...

He's older and I believe he plays more than them... At least Gally.

Pigems*

Anyone think it's possible he finishes the season at or above 1.0 PPG this season?

68*

Anyone think it's possible he finishes the season at or above 1.0 PPG this season?

If he can keep playing with the confidence he has right now with no injuries, a lot of ice-time, good wingers and on the 1st PP wave I can see him having 0.8 PPG or close which is pretty good.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Even if he continues to play with quality linemates and continues to see his PP And TOI in increase?

Well his ice-time is still around 12-13mins per game I think his production will still continue to grow but I don't think it will be as high as 1pts per game. Just a little lower like 0.85 to 0.90 PPG

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'd like to see him shoot a little more. He's tied for 3rd in points but only 3 goals. That's the one thing I'd like to see a little more from him on.

He's been great though.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Not with his current playing time. He's doing the most he possibly could out of 12 minutes a game.

But let's put 1,o PPG in perspective... He'd need six 2 points games followed by 24 games in which he averages at least a point per game.

Or, he would need to play at a 1,2PPG for the rest of the season, which is comparable to Malkin's and Ovechkin's career averages.

It just won't happen. However, next year, with a bigger role and barring a sophomore slump, I could see him flirt with the PPG, which would be amazing for a 19-20 years old kid.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

I would say a candidate for sure...a strong candidate too...i expect him to be one of the 3 nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->