Status
Not open for further replies.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Love him.

... and BGalley too, of course.

I pray the Habs D structure and grit can allow for us to bounce them.

And no more ***** injuries, please! :help:

Not even to Sens players.

.. other than painful bruises. :)

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Next thread should be named "Great flashes and great flashes edition".

Tonight he played like a superstar - he just needs some more seasoning and the only thing he's lacking - the finishing blow - will just come naturally.

Man, he's 19. I'm genuinely impressed. In the playoffs, no less.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
Next thread should be named "Great flashes and great flashes edition".

Tonight he played like a superstar - he just needs some more seasoning and the only thing he's lacking - the finishing blow - will just come naturally.

Man, he's 19. I'm genuinely impressed. In the playoffs, no less.

Agree 100% Galchenyuk. Is. Gold.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
He looks soooo close to becoming really dominant. Elite vision, elite shot, lots of hustle... I wasn't really expecting that, thought he would be more of a 'skill' player but he's really bringing it.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
I haven't been this excited about a Hab player's potential since Koivu's rookie season. Actually, I think I'm more excited now. Ecstatic to finally have a player of his ilk on the team!

Thank you 2012 Habs :bow:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Now, is there anyone who still doesn't think last year was worth it? Short term pain, for long term gain.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Now, is there anyone who still doesn't think last year was worth it? Short term pain, for long term gain.

Yeh cuz we got Gally, but imagine if we took Grigorenko, Murray or Reinhart or some other guy. Gally is by far the most complete guy in that draft as of now.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Galchenyuk is definitely gifted. That between the legs pass to himself was a beauty he just ran into a traffic jam by the net but still had a great chance. He also sent some pretty good passes to guys in front of the net including Prust but same thing Ottawa had the front net bottled up pretty good except when that little feisty Honey Badger finds a way to sneak in undetected:laugh:

I'd love it if Montreal could get Galchenyuk an edgy power forward for his line. Any good prospects in our draft range this year to fit that description.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I wonder what the consensus around the league was, at the time of the draft. knee injury had people worried, but it doesn't seem to affect him very much.

Sometimes, knowing the habs have a player like Galchenyuk, all you can think is it has been so long, too long, for a player like him, and he's a montreal canadien. guys other teams want, feels good.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The kid has incredible acceleration. When he sees an opportunity opening up in a play, he's off faster than anyone else on the ice. Once he starts to become more aware of the NHL game and gets more comfortable exploiting plays, I think we'll see big things happen with his two-way play and then again with his offensive production.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
As soon as Columbus picked Murray, my buddy and I started jumping and screaming with elation...we knew Timmins was gonna pounce on that and draft Galchenyuk.

Same here. I was so scared of picks #1 and #2.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Galchenyuk is definitely gifted. That between the legs pass to himself was a beauty he just ran into a traffic jam by the net but still had a great chance. He also sent some pretty good passes to guys in front of the net including Prust but same thing Ottawa had the front net bottled up pretty good except when that little feisty Honey Badger finds a way to sneak in undetected:laugh:

I'd love it if Montreal could get Galchenyuk an edgy power forward for his line. Any good prospects in our draft range this year to fit that description.

If you want to complete a line with Galchenyuk and Gallagher, you need to find a edgy HARD WORKING winger. It's important because we don't want those two pulling a teammate who doesn't want to work. Guy like Zykov, Carrier, Poirier, Wennberg, Lazar, Rychel, Burakowsky, De La Rose, Petan are all guys that could fit with ours Gally.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
That pass that Galchenyuk gave to Gallagher was just incredible. The whole play was just great, really. Kept puck possession, dished it off to the dman, and made a ridiculous pass for the assist. Of course, the passer needs his targets, and Gallagher did great to get to the front of the net (as usual).

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005

How about MaxPac? DD is the weakest link now and doesn't deserve Max on his line. Only a matter of time before Gal-Gal-MaxPac.

A minor blessing Eller is out. Chuckie moves to center (permanently if you ask me).

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Sickening part? He isn't a physically mature male, by any standard, at 19 LMAO :yo: Wait till he fills out and his balls drop! He's going to be a terror for the entire legue at age 22.

PricePkPatch*

I don't know. He was pretty useless at the World Junior...

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad