Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
I think there is definetely some untapped potential in him, he dosnt use his shot as well as he could, and is shy physically, but that makes him display his playmaker and stickhandler skills, and also the variety of his offensive arsenal.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I don't know. He was pretty useless at the World Junior...

I can't WAIT until Housely becomes an NHL coach.

26549_113713898654688_4581155_a.jpg

Can't say anything bad because they won Gold but.. his time will come.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
The guy only play 12 minutes a game and barely gets any powerplay time and finishes the season in the top 5 rookies for points.

incineratorz

Jan 9, 2012
Missed the game tonighy, but I saw his goal on the news. SICK !!!

Why MT benched him tho, he made a mistake or something ?

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Did anyone ask MT about AG in the third - I would love to hear some rational explanation.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Did anyone ask MT about AG in the third - I would love to hear some rational explanation.

there's no rational explanation...just some coaches prefer to win/lose with veterans, even if those veterans are less effective then rookies.

I hope next year, Galchenyuk will have added responsibilities and the coaching staff won't use the cop out of him being young.

He gained alot of experience this year with all the hockey he's played and the playoff games he's played in (and contributed in) should also give him a huge boost.

Time to take the shackles off next year

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Definitely one of our best players in the playoffs. What a beast. We finally have that gamebreaking forward we've been waiting for.

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
I think i said it earlier, given his playing time and stats, i think he should of been the rookie of the year. Everyone else on the lists gets more playing time, etc. Im not taking anything away from Gallagher, but i felt he benefited more from playing with better players at times. Galchenyuk also led with a +-rating of 14 which is amazing given his age that he has a two way game at 19 years of age.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
People need to get real about Galchenyuk. He looked good on some nice offensive plays but to say he should play more and get a bigger role is ridiculous when he is already struggling defensively with easy matchups.

I think the kid will be great but he is only 18 and NEEDS to be used cautiously and insulated. Therien has done a great job of this. Him Eller and (at times) Gallagher have feasted on weaker opposition.

I think if MB is smart he plans on having him play 3rd line minutes, maybe feed him more at times(injuries or when he is hot) on the wing and fill in at center at times. He needs another year of "training wheels".

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
People need to get real about Galchenyuk. He looked good on some nice offensive plays but to say he should play more and get a bigger role is ridiculous when he is already struggling defensively with easy matchups.

I think the kid will be great but he is only 18 and NEEDS to be used cautiously and insulated. Therien has done a great job of this. Him Eller and (at times) Gallagher have feasted on weaker opposition.

I think if MB is smart he plans on having him play 3rd line minutes, maybe feed him more at times(injuries or when he is hot) on the wing and fill in at center at times. He needs another year of "training wheels".

Struggling defensively with easy matchups? hah... Get real. How many goals were scored yesterday when playing Galchenyuk? How many goals have been scored after benching him?

I'm so happy you are not the GM/coach of this team. You'd be even worst than Jacques Martin. I'm a huge fan of Therrien, but yesterday, he was wrong in his use of the kid. 4 shots in under 10 minutes. 2/3 scoring chances generated all by himself. As for his defensive assignments, he's no worst than Gionta running around his own zone like a chicken with its head cut off, Desharnais, or Pacioretty for that matter. Even Gallagher is worst with a pathetic differential of -6 in those playoffs.

Get real trying to defend everything this organization does and drinking the kool-aid again and again. Therrien managed Galchenyuk wrong yesterday. It was idiotic, he was by far our best forward, he was having the kind of game Kessel and Seguin had in the playoffs in 2008 and 2011 that marked their ascension to the next level, and we didn't bank out on it. It was bad coaching, and Galchenyuk has been, for more than 1 month now, our best and most consistent forward... at 19.

If he needs training wheels, a ******** of players in this team do.

Funny how you bring up Gorges' differential of last year to prove he's great at defense, yet, you don't bring up Galchenyuk's leading +/- as a proof he's capable defensively. Double standards I guess... what's new with you...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Struggling defensively with easy matchups? hah... Get real. How many goals were scored yesterday when playing Galchenyuk? How many goals have been scored after benching him?

I'm so happy you are not the GM/coach of this team. You'd be even worst than Jacques Martin. I'm a huge fan of Therrien, but yesterday, he was wrong in his use of the kid. 4 shots in under 10 minutes. 2/3 scoring chances generated all by himself. As for his defensive assignments, he's no worst than Gionta running around his own zone like a chicken with its head cut off, Desharnais, or Pacioretty for that matter. Even Gallagher is worst with a pathetic differential of -6 in those playoffs.

Get real trying to defend everything this organization does and drinking the kool-aid again and again. Therrien managed Galchenyuk wrong yesterday. It was idiotic, he was by far our best forward, he was having the kind of game Kessel and Seguin had in the playoffs in 2008 and 2011 that marked their ascension to the next level, and we didn't bank out on it. It was bad coaching, and Galchenyuk has been, for more than 1 month now, our best and most consistent forward... at 19.

If he needs training wheels, a ******** of players in this team do.

Funny how you bring up Gorges' differential of last year to prove he's great at defense, yet, you don't bring up Galchenyuk's leading +/- as a proof he's capable defensively. Double standards I guess... what's new with you...

Not to mention.. by benching Galchenyuk you are pretty much reinforcing the notion "let's sit back and hold on".

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Not to mention.. by benching Galchenyuk you are pretty much reinforcing the notion "let's sit back and hold on".

I'm so ****ing tired of this ********... Thing is, this attitude gets adopted because of some of our core players are just being that way.

Guys like Gorges, Diaz and Gionta are still living in the Jacques Martin era. Send them packing and replace them with guys who will help giving this team a new approach, and things are going to be very different.

But yeah. The theory Galchenyuk still needs "training wheels" is dumb. If he needs training wheels, 3 Habs out of 4 need some as well. He might make some errors at first, but he'd adjust in no time. He's a special talent like we haven't had in forever. These guys think differently and breathe differently than other players. They can take more, they adjust quicker.

I mean. From ACL injury to OHL to WJC to NHL... and having success at each of those levels in such a small amount of time... You have to be an idiot to not see how quickly this kid learns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad