Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemorecup*

I'm so ****ing tired of this ********... Thing is, this attitude gets adopted because of some of our core players are just being that way.

Guys like Gorges, Diaz and Gionta are still living in the Jacques Martin era. Send them packing and replace them with guys who will help giving this team a new approach, and things are going to be very different.

But yeah. The theory Galchenyuk still needs "training wheels" is dumb. If he needs training wheels, 3 Habs out of 4 need some as well. He might make some errors at first, but he'd adjust in no time. He's a special talent like we haven't had in forever. These guys think differently and breathe differently than other players. They can take more, they adjust quicker.

I mean. From ACL injury to OHL to WJC to NHL... and having success at each of those levels in such a small amount of time... You have to be an idiot to not see how quickly this kid learns.

agreed the kid is the real deal and future superstar , but the idiot Therrirn keeps riding DD like he is a star , this is getting comical folks

when is BS going to stop , the DD experiemt is over at center

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
People need to get real about Galchenyuk. He looked good on some nice offensive plays but to say he should play more and get a bigger role is ridiculous when he is already struggling defensively with easy matchups.

I think the kid will be great but he is only 18 and NEEDS to be used cautiously and insulated. Therien has done a great job of this. Him Eller and (at times) Gallagher have feasted on weaker opposition.

I think if MB is smart he plans on having him play 3rd line minutes, maybe feed him more at times(injuries or when he is hot) on the wing and fill in at center at times. He needs another year of "training wheels".

He's looked very OHL ish this season.

Would have benefited being in sarnia.. especially so I could have watched him.. But.. oh well....

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
He's looked very OHL ish this season.

Would have benefited being in sarnia.. especially so I could have watched him.. But.. oh well....

Only in Montreal are fans going to say things as idiotic as this on a 19 years old kid who was our best scorer in the last month of the season, where the game gets even harder.

27 points in 48 games. 46 points pace over a 82 games season; the equivalent of what Stamkos got in his rookie season, all that while posting the best differential on his team, leading the team in playoffs scoring, and playing no PP time.

Get real.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Only in Montreal are fans going to say things as idiotic as this on a 19 years old kid who was our best scorer in the last month of the season, where the game gets even harder.

27 points in 48 games. 46 points pace over a 82 games season; the equivalent of what Stamkos got in his rookie season, all that while posting the best differential on his team, leading the team in playoffs scoring, and playing no PP time.

Get real.

The OHL must be a damn good league if he was OHL-like

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Get real.

Our best scorer? Are you kidding? The guys got a valid point. He struggled in several games. His great flashes were when he scored and set up plays, he's got a lot of potential which he showed quite consistently but you're just being ridiculous. He wasn't bashing him, he just had an opinion about his development. You're all over these boards and you are SUCH a homer. Get real man, tone it down a little.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Our best scorer? Are you kidding? The guys got a valid point. He struggled in several games. His great flashes were when he scored and set up plays, he's got a lot of potential which he showed quite consistently but you're just being ridiculous. He wasn't bashing him, he just had an opinion about his development. You're all over these boards and you are SUCH a homer. Get real man, tone it down a little.

How many points has he got in those playoffs? 3
How many points does our best scorer have in those playoffs? 3

How many points did he have since the 1st of April? 7 - 8 - 15pts in 18 games
How many points did our best scorer have since the 1st of April? You got it right, 15pts in 18 games. It was him.

And if you watched the game, you'd know of all the guys who produced offensively, he's the one who created the most scoring chances in the playoffs.

You're the one being ridiculous for not knowing how to read.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
He's amazing. I haven't been excited for a new Offensive Hab player since ever. Have been following the team religiously since 1980.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
Galchenyuk, along with Eller, has been our most dangerous offensive weapon for the past 3 weeks. Yes, he's not without fault, and he has struggled at times on some defensive assignments. Who cares? He was drafted to produce points, and he's starting to do so more consistently - at the age of 19. Of course people are excited, as they should be! Nineteen people...1...9...of course he's not going to be as complete and responsible defensively as Datsyuk or even a guy like Plekanec.

The kid, in limited minutes and with almost no PP time, is producing great numbers to finish the season and start the playoffs. It's amazing.

Looking OHLish? If he's able to produce in the NHL while playing his "OHLish" style of game, it's a big positive - it means he can pull off his junior moves against the best players in the world.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
How many points has he got in those playoffs? 3
How many points does our best scorer have in those playoffs? 3

And if you watched the game, you'd know of all the guys who produced offensively, he's the one who created the most scoring chances.

You're the one being ridiculous for not knowing how to read.

I watched the game, he had a good game, most definitely. He also had a very weak game during our 6-1 pounding where him and his line created almost zero offence and held no zone pressure. If Desharnais' points are invalid because of his protected minutes, why in the world would Galchenyuk's suddenly be? He raised a concern over his protected minutes and believes he needs to continue down that path for him to be successful next year. It's a realistic look at his production and his current ability. This doesn't mean he's not going to be a great player.

Where does reading comprehension come into this?

By OHLish I'd take that to mean an immature (play-wise) and not fully rounded player. That's honest and just fine by me, he's doing what he needs to do and developing well.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I watched the game, he had a good game, most definitely. He also had a very weak game during our 6-1 pounding where him and his line created almost zero offence and held no zone pressure. If Desharnais' points are invalid because of his protected minutes, why in the world would Galchenyuk's suddenly be? He raised a concern over his protected minutes and believes he needs to continue down that path for him to be successful next year. It's a realistic look at his production and his current ability. This doesn't mean he's not going to be a great player.

Where does reading comprehension come into this?

By OHLish I'd take that to mean an immature (play-wise) and not fully rounded player. That's honest and just fine by me, he's doing what he needs to do and developing well.

Reading comprehension comes with not laughing at the fact I pointed out he was our best scorer in the last month when the stats reflect exactly that.

As for OHLish, there's no way this kid belonged in the OHL this year. It was an idiotic claim.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Even our most hardened vets struggled during games...don't see the relevance here.

You have to be really clueless to think it would of been better for Galchenyuk to have stayed in the OHL this year.

He played in the NHL this year and did not look out of place at all...excellent first pro season for Galchenyuk, he's got a tremendously bright future ahead of him.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Reading comprehension comes with not laughing at the fact I pointed out he was our best scorer in the last month when the stats reflect exactly that.

As for OHLish, there's no way this kid belonged in the OHL this year. It was an idiotic claim.

Even our most hardened vets struggled during games...don't see the relevance here.

You have to be really clueless to think it would of been better for Galchenyuk to have stayed in the OHL this year.

He played in the NHL this year and did not look out of place at all...excellent first pro season for Galchenyuk, he's got a tremendously bright future ahead of him.

I'll just throw this quote of mine out there from my last comment.

And here you are talking about me being ridiculous about reading comprehension...

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
In my opinion he does well when he has the puck and initiating, but the game gets real fast for him when he is in the defensive zone. That's not a slight at he, he is after all an 18 yr. old that barely played last year. I have no problem with him on the bench in the third, his defensive shortfalls are magnified when the other team begins with prolonged pressure in his own end.

Habtchum*

Habs have nothing to lose next game. Therrien should really give loads of ice time to the kid (s).

Of course, the kid has played about 90 games so far this year at different levels.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Only in Montreal are fans going to say things as idiotic as this on a 19 years old kid who was our best scorer in the last month of the season...

Our best scorer? Are you kidding? The guys got a valid point. He struggled in several games. His great flashes were when he scored and set up plays, he's got a lot of potential which he showed quite consistently but you're just being ridiculous...

And here you are talking about me being ridiculous about reading comprehension...

Galchenyuk points in the playoffs: 3
Most points by a single Habs player in those playoffs: 3

Galchenyuk points since April 1st: 15 in 18
Most poinst by a single Habs player since April 1st: Galchenyuk, 15 in 18.

So yeah. I stand by my comment.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Galchenyuk points in the playoffs: 3
Most points by a single Habs player in those playoffs: 3

Galchenyuk points since April 1st: 15 in 18
Most poinst by a single Habs player since April 1st: Galchenyuk, 15 in 18.

So yeah. I stand by my comment.

Calm yourself, it's not like I was saying we should sign Elias. He's a great player and he'll continue to improve. He's also got weaknesses, we're just discussing them.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Calm yourself, it's not like I was saying we should sign Elias. He's a great player and he'll continue to improve. He's also got weaknesses, we're just discussing them.

You told me I was ridiculous for saying he was our best scorer since April 1st. Then, I come up with stats to back it up, and you claim I'm the one who's wrong?

Yeah... Saying he should have been in the OHL this year is idiotic. No matter how you look at it. It's completely stupid.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You told me I was ridiculous for saying he was our best scorer since April 1st. Then, I come up with stats to back it up, and you claim I'm the one who's wrong?

Yeah... Saying he should have been in the OHL this year is idiotic. No matter how you look at it. It's completely stupid.

Reading comprehension. Two posts in a row. :facepalm:

He's scored the most points, I don't feel he's been our best forward. There are ups and downs, Gallagher would be my choice for most effective forward. Played on the top line, created chances, played on Galchenyuk's line, created chances. That's my opinion, I'm not bashing Galchenyuk, just looking a little deeper at his play.

NickW

May 3, 2013
MTL
That wrist shot last night was just ****ed.

I always have my doubts that a player I'm really hyped on will turn into a star. Not many doubts with this guy.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Reading comprehension. Two posts in a row. :facepalm:

He's scored the most points, I don't feel he's been our best forward. There are ups and downs, Gallagher would be my choice for most effective forward. Played on the top line, created chances, played on Galchenyuk's line, created chances. That's my opinion, I'm not bashing Galchenyuk, just looking a little deeper at his play.

I just give up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad