Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Just looks like he is going to make something happen every time he has the puck on his stick. The great players always look like they have more time than everyone else out on the ice and that's what I see when watching Chucky. This kid has immense quality and from the impressions so far he is a big game player.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs, facing great adversity, caught fire and shocked the hockey world tonight. If they can keep it they can be the Bruins' worst nightmare.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
http://hockeynumbers.blogspot.ca/2007/11/corsi-numbers.html

Corsi Number
Corsi number is the number of shots directed towards the net while the player is on the ice. The number can be broken down into whose net the shots are directed towards (their own net (-) and their opponent's net (+)) similar to the plus minus statistic. The hope of course is that the Corsi plus minus would correlate well with the regular plus minus, but because the numbers will be 16x larger than plus minus numbers they'll be about 4x more accurate than the plus minus numbers.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
http://hockeynumbers.blogspot.ca/2007/11/corsi-numbers.html

Corsi Number
Corsi number is the number of shots directed towards the net while the player is on the ice. The number can be broken down into whose net the shots are directed towards (their own net (-) and their opponent's net (+)) similar to the plus minus statistic. The hope of course is that the Corsi plus minus would correlate well with the regular plus minus, but because the numbers will be 16x larger than plus minus numbers they'll be about 4x more accurate than the plus minus numbers.

Merci Mr.Marc :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Galchenyuk was on fire tonight.. should have had a goal. He's starting to deke and shoot at the NHL level. His playmaking was already there.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Galchenyuk was on fire tonight.. should have had a goal. He's starting to deke and shoot at the NHL level. His playmaking was already there.

No need for a goal when the Gallagher goal was all Galchenyuk and will be remembered as such. Such a dominant performance. Talk about stepping up at the right time.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
what are your thoughts about him defensively? i really like him - he's one of my favourite prospects - but b/c prospect-wise, i love skilled offensive forwards (of which he is one) i tend to ignore their D-zone play altogether. he's obviously responsible enough he's playing now - does he seem more like an offensive player who will be responsible defensively - or is he starting to lean more towards a 2-way player.

i like yakupov a lot but i think that galchenyuk is way more versatile offensively so will probably put up more points - ha ha ha...i also think that Teuvo Teravainen will end up doing better offensively than Yakupov - so i'm a bit of a homer ;)

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Don't know if this was mentioned previously, but on Gally's goal, it wasn't just the sweet feed. He brought it into the zone, controlled it masterfully, then shielded it by backing into a Sen and feeding it back to Boullion. That was the key play on that sequence. Then he goes to the net and battles to get the puck over (almost a no look) to player 11.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
what are your thoughts about him defensively? i really like him - he's one of my favourite prospects - but b/c prospect-wise, i love skilled offensive forwards (of which he is one) i tend to ignore their D-zone play altogether. he's obviously responsible enough he's playing now - does he seem more like an offensive player who will be responsible defensively - or is he starting to lean more towards a 2-way player.

i like yakupov a lot but i think that galchenyuk is way more versatile offensively so will probably put up more points - ha ha ha...i also think that Teuvo Teravainen will end up doing better offensively than Yakupov - so i'm a bit of a homer ;)

He has been very good defensively for a 18-19 years old kid. The fact he missed a full year of development and is playing at such high level right now at both ends of the rink is mind boggling for me.

Also Teravainen was second on Timmins' list (behind Galchenyuk) in the 2012 draft so considering his draft record, Teuvo Teravainen might become a special player.

Apr 28, 2010
I'll still wait for next year before I buy his jersey. I still feel like he'll change his number.

But anyway, wow! What can I say? Chuckie just.. gets it! He looks really comfortable out there now. Same with Gally. Playoff beasts in the making!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

To be honest, WTK, that whole line was on fire. Prust - Gally - Chukie were creating problems for the Sens all night long.

That line is a beautiful mix of speed, grit, skill and persistence.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
My favorite part of that dangle on Gonchar is he took the puck straight to the net right after, he knows where to go to score. 14 points in his last 15 games during the most important stretch of the season, this kid is going to be just dominant. :handclap:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm telling you guys this guy is going to be ready for #2 center duties next year.

I think you are setting the bar low.
For a kid who missed his entire draft year due to injury, what he is currently doing is nothing short of amazing.
I don't see him and Gallagher as rookies anymore.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I think you are setting the bar low.
For a kid who missed his entire draft year due to injury, what he is currently doing is nothing short of amazing.
I don't see him and Gallagher as rookies anymore.

I don't want to expect too much out of the guy as a 20 year old, I think he's going to have an awesome season next year. The thing that's really impressive to me is his positioning in the defensive zone as a 19 year old, he's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad