"Alex Galchenyuk has arrived."

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've got no problem with the trade. What most are seeming to overlook is that trades offer the players a change of scenery, or a wake up etc. Domi could very well not changed much at all had he stayed put and Chucky may very well still insist he's a #1 C, had he stayed put.... if indeed he's realized he has not.

Reactions: Name Nameless

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I've got no problem with the trade. What most are seeming to overlook is that trades offer the players a change of scenery, or a wake up etc. Domi could very well not changed much at all had he stayed put and Chucky may very well still insist he's a #1 C, had he stayed put.... if indeed he's realized he has not.

Domi was at a 0.8 PPG from February to the end of the season and above a PPG in the final 10 games. He's picking up exactly where he left off in Montreal.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
A team that is ranked dead last in the league at even strength scoring doesn't get the luxury of saying "more to the game than just points."

An individual player can make contributions that make the line/team better. Our top line since Schmaltz arrival has scored 4 goals in 4 games. Does Chucky deserve any credit for that result besides his one assist?

Reactions: Name Nameless

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
An individual player can make contributions that make the line/team better. Our top line since Schmaltz arrival has scored 4 goals in 4 games. Does Chucky deserve any credit for that result besides his one assist?

Not saying that players can't contribute in ways that don't appear on the scoresheet. But Chucky was brought in for the offense that management thought Domi couldn't provide. So far he is significantly underperforming in that regard.

Reactions: RemoAZ and MIG

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Forget about his D play. Watch him in the offensive zone. He is winning board battles, hard to knock off the puck. Keller and Schmaltz are getting a lot of room to roam because of that. His points will come.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's a problem we have at the moment. I think we will see Chucky at C in the near future on that line. Both Schmaltz and Chucky said they want to play C, but neither can, or are any good at it.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
I like the way Chucky plays defensively. He wins board battles. He back checks really well. His points will come.

Domi this year is actually shooting the puck. I have no issue with trade

All numbers will normalize Domi won't shoot 20% Galchenyuk won't shoot 8% its an even trade looking so far. A hot start didn't stop Subban from being the better player long term over Weber. The amount of pace the Domi line plays at will be interesting to watch all year it might work out or it could really go bad when matched against strong possession lines.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm kind of hoping Stepan (in a package) is moved for some sort of winger and Galchenyuk is moved to 2C where he would have more time to adjust.

Stable of Cs (eventually)...
Schmaltz-Galchenyuk-Dvorak-Richardson

Of course I still like Dvorak on the wing better

In any event, It may just take time for Galchenyuk to get back into the swing of things.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Right now we have a top line that is young, fast, skilled, clicking and scoring goals. As long as that's the case I have nothing to complain about when it comes to the Domi & Strome trades.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
All numbers will normalize Domi won't shoot 20% Galchenyuk won't shoot 8% its an even trade looking so far. A hot start didn't stop Subban from being the better player long term over Weber. The amount of pace the Domi line plays at will be interesting to watch all year it might work out or it could really go bad when matched against strong possession lines.

Domi has luck to play with Drouin who serves him easy pucks.
But nevertheless, Domi plays really good. It's a mystery to me how he managed to score only 9 goals per season.
I hope Galch does well, but honestly after last two years of mediocre hockey it will be hard to come back to 30 goals again.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Domi has luck to play with Drouin who serves him easy pucks.
But nevertheless, Domi plays really good. It's a mystery to me how he managed to score only 9 goals per season.
I hope Galch does well, but honestly after last two years of mediocre hockey it will be hard to come back to 30 goals again.

I think they have been feeding off each other pretty well Domi is pushing Drouin at a high pace too. Drouin is not exactly known for producing at even strength thats why TB pulled the trigger as fast as they could getting Sergachev. Great for Domi and his hot start no denying he stepped it up in MTL I think patience is needed in this one for both sides before declaring a winner.

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Galchenyuk was a fine return if Domi wanted out. I’m less concerned with only getting Galchenyuk and more concerned about why so many promising young players have wanted out.

I think what may be different with Galchenyuk is he has had a taste of the big market. I think we have a harder time keeping kids who only play in a soldout home arena 3 times a year. It always seems like vets begin yo enjoy the valley when coming over. Chucky has what, 5 full NHL seasons? Hes been there done that and hasnt shown any desire to leave. He just needs to start producing.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
It's about moving his feet. When he's skating with purpose, like he was for most of last game, he is a good player who will score a lot points. But when he forgets that and is flat footed all the time, he becomes a liability. They need to somehow get that motor consistently out of him.

His moves are pretty filthy. Just need the legs churning for those moves to have any impact.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Next year will be key for him. We bring Hayton straight in to start as our 3rd line center, Richie on 4, Dvorak on 2 and Stepan on 1. Roll 4 lines. Pray Chucky, Hinostroza and Schmaltz break out.

And we need a pure goal scorer in this draft.

Reactions: cobra427

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Waiting...………

This team goes through extended goal draughts and count heavily on Galchenyuk to score goals. 3 goals in 21 games despite getting 1PP minutes is unacceptable. If he can't hit the back of the net with Keller and Schmaltz as line-mates there's reason for concern.

Crouse, Fischer and Panik all have DOUBLE the number of goals!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad