"Alex Galchenyuk has arrived."

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
For the various unconfirmed rumors floating about him being a problem in the room I have two thoughts:

1. Maybe he upset the country club types and that created the friction :biglaugh:

2. Even if he had a bad attitude it's better than no 'tude at all.

The only other attitude I see is Tocchet's sunny disposition in the intermission videos and he looks like Baghdad bob :biglaugh:
(I'm going to have to shop this for the next GDT)

I just feel that we have suffered for so long with this team that it hurts so much to see something resembling a ray of hope arrive, only to be pushed out to diminishing returns with vague whispers out of the blue of heretofore unseen attitude problems.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Jinx thread?! Lol I'd like to see more from him. More shots quickly released!

Well the thread title came courtesy of one of the Athletic writers :laugh:

It's the kind of thing you say when someone goes for 4 points in a regular season game or something not a rando preseason one.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well the thread title came courtesy of one of the Athletic writers :laugh:

It's the kind of thing you say when someone goes for 4 points in a regular season game or something not a rando preseason one.

Haha yeah for real. We can only hope or I guess be patient if we have it chaykas way for a game like that to come.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Yandle has done pretty well in Florida over the past couple years. Still producing points while being deployed in tougher situations.
Yea, that loss hurts. Not that NYR really gained anything from the trade either but Yandle was pretty clearly the best asset and continues to be the best asset from that deal.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yandle has done pretty well in Florida over the past couple years. Still producing points while being deployed in tougher situations.
And while not missing a single game. One of the greatest Coyotes ever drafted and they just pissed him away. We fans deserve so much better but this franchise does not.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
My feelings about the Yandle trade are similar to how @rt feels about the Domi trade. I'm still pissed off about it 5 years later.

I hated both trades but warmed up to the first a little when Duclair started scoring goals WITH....Domi. They f***ed that up for me too. Now I just want them to move Galchenyuk to wing to let him concentrate on shooting but that would be egg on their faces. First because they made the trade stating they wanted someone that could play center and they felt Galchenyuk was a center. Second because the guy none of us thought could play center is playing it better than anyone the team has drafted since they became the Coyotes.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Hey guys.. I always was a big fan of Galchenyuk.i always defended him and thought Therrien screwed him up. Chucky is not the fastest skater, he has a good shot but he doesnt release it quick enough imo. The biggest problems with Galchenyuk is his entourage. His dad is too much involved in his hockey decisions, his sister was like his 2nd agent too.

I think he also had a bit of a party animal style in la belle province. I hope for you guys that he turns it around. As for Domi, things are falling back to normal but man do I like his drive and entensity.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
Hey guys.. I always was a big fan of Galchenyuk.i always defended him and thought Therrien screwed him up. Chucky is not the fastest skater, he has a good shot but he doesnt release it quick enough imo. The biggest problems with Galchenyuk is his entourage. His dad is too much involved in his hockey decisions, his sister was like his 2nd agent too.

I think he also had a bit of a party animal style in la belle province. I hope for you guys that he turns it around. As for Domi, things are falling back to normal but man do I like his drive and entensity.

Yes Gally is going to be a bit of a project for us. It’s ok, we are used to that in AZ.

We use analytics to turn wingers into centers.
Works like a charm...

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Gal was always a player that never really satisfied in Montreal. He has a decent shot when left open, but always leaves you wanting more. Sucks but I am happy we got Domi for him, Domi has great speed, skill and vision, and does not back down, exactly the type of player you need come play-offs if we ever get there. Prob first trade this organization has won in what feels like a very long time

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
I was expecting this...

We did some models and extracted data on the fans in Montreal.

We found that the “Domi effect” gave similar results as injecting laboratory rats with high dosages of crack cocaine.

It’s best to wait until the “Domi effect” effect wears off to communicate with them.

This typically starts to happen after a 5 game loosing streak or when shoot % start coming back to normal levels. Observing several “Domi no look passes” aids in the sobering as well.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hoping Chucky accepts that he's not a center at this point. I'll admit, I thought he was, but have changed my mind. It just goes to show that those who do this for a living and are a part of the player and his team, first hand on a daily basis, typically know what they're doing.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad