"Alex Galchenyuk has arrived."

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This from the Athletic: Montreal forward Max Domi (No. 12, 2013) wanted a change of scenery according to his agent, Pat Brisson.

This should to put to rest assertions that Max didn’t want to be traded.

You mind posting the exact quote along with a couple of sentences before and after it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You mind posting the exact quote along with a couple of sentences before and after it.
There were extenuating circumstances with a few of their high picks who have panned out. Winnipeg forward Blake Wheeler (No. 5, 2004) refused to sign with the Coyotes, Nashville center Kyle Turris (No. 3, 2007) held out in a contract dispute and then was traded after signing. Montreal forward Max Domi (No. 12, 2013) wanted a change of scenery according to his agent, Pat Brisson.
edit: This is the paragraph of interest. Copied word for word.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
There were extenuating circumstances with a few of their high picks who have panned out. Winnipeg forward Blake Wheeler (No. 5, 2004) refused to sign with the Coyotes, Nashville center Kyle Turris (No. 3, 2007) held out in a contract dispute and then was traded after signing. Montreal forward Max Domi (No. 12, 2013) wanted a change of scenery according to his agent, Pat Brisson.
edit: This is the paragraph of interest. Copied word for word.

Thanks for posting more, I was hoping there was an actual quote in there somewhere.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Domi is making us look stupid. Dude is on fire. Another goal tonight. Was super psyched about Chucky but this is looking like a clear loss right now. Maybe things will be different in a year, but the odds aren't in our favor.

Oh well, he wanted out. AZ is not a prolific sports market, i gotta get used to that.

And, he sucked nutz last year...maybe it's cyclical and next year Galchenyuk crushes it?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Domi is making us look stupid. Dude is on fire. Another goal tonight. Was super psyched about Chucky but this is looking like a clear loss right now. Maybe things will be different in a year, but the odds aren't in our favor.

Oh well, he wanted out. AZ is not a prolific sports market, i gotta get used to that.

And, he sucked nutz last year...maybe it's cyclical and next year Galchenyuk crushes it?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought it was a big mistake to get rid of Domi. A skilled guy with grit.

Galchenyuk? Looks like the same floater I saw in Montreal minus all his worshipers blaming the coach's.
He's not floating. In fact, he was playing very well when he went down with an injury.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have no idea why anyone would give up an A asset for Galchynyuk?? He is who they said he was.

Reactions: RemoAZ

KG

Sep 23, 2010
This trade smells worse than any other Chakya has made. Alex is ice cold and questionable at center

Reactions: Pomee

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I have no idea why anyone would give up an A asset for Galchynyuk?? He is who they said he was.

He has a cannon for a shot. That's all I've been impressed with. Skating, passing, play away from the puck and in the dot all look average at best. He certainly doesn't look like a center. I simply don't see what anyone making the decision to trade Domi for him sees. They say they want to add speed and they swap Domi for this guy? Doesn't make sense and points towards the lack of a plan and experienced management accountable for one.

Reactions: azcanuck and CLW

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Galchenyuk is better than what we've seen so far.

This^. Don't compare this year's Domi, compare the back to back 9 goal guy to a 17 and 19 goal guy. It was a swap of declining assets and Galchenyuk had 51 pts last season. Montreal has been a suppressor of talent, not a stat inflating club. It might be next season before they see it but there is no reason to believe that Galchenyuk's best years aren't ahead of him. Also I doubt Domi takes off without a change of scenery. I don't think this is the real Keller either. Need to have some patience for the deal. A 9 goal scorer wouldn't make this season unfold any differently.

Reactions: RABBIT

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is the Galchenyuk at center experiment, over?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Optionality my man. Behind “premium” John Chayka’s favorite word is “optionality”. Schmaltz plays wing and center. Same for Hinostroza and Richardson and Cousins and Kempe. Galchenyuk is right there with them.
Only Richardson is a true C. Thank the lucky stars Richardson fell onto our laps. That had nothing to do with Chayka, but other teams thinking Richardson was done.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Only Richardson is a true C. Thank the lucky stars Richardson fell onto our laps. That had nothing to do with Chayka, but other teams thinking Richardson was done.

It had everything to do with Chayka. It was explicitly stated that Chayka pushed Maloney to get him when he hit free agency based on his advanced metrics.

Not everyone has been won over by the value of analytics, but a team with limited resources and even less talent simply can’t afford to ignore them. Chayka, the 25-year-old co-founder of Stathletes, is being tasked with identifying value in the market, particularly of veteran players who can augment a lineup that is expected to skew young for the next several years. He was the driving force behind the signing of Brad Richardson this month. Of course, Arizona also picked up lumbering winger John Scott, who is best known for slinging his fists. We’ll see how those moves, and the ones that follow, pay off.

From here: Sports Illustrated ranks Coyotes signing of assistant GM John Chayka among best this offseason - Arizona Sports

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
This^. Don't compare this year's Domi, compare the back to back 9 goal guy to a 17 and 19 goal guy. It was a swap of declining assets and Galchenyuk had 51 pts last season. Montreal has been a suppressor of talent, not a stat inflating club. It might be next season before they see it but there is no reason to believe that Galchenyuk's best years aren't ahead of him. Also I doubt Domi takes off without a change of scenery. I don't think this is the real Keller either. Need to have some patience for the deal. A 9 goal scorer wouldn't make this season unfold any differently.

This completely ignores the fact that Domi was at a 0.8 PPG from February on last season. He's picking up exactly where he left off in Montreal.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
This completely ignores the fact that Domi was at a 0.8 PPG from February on last season. He's picking up exactly where he left off in Montreal.

A strong finish true but that was only 6 goals in 30 games so a 15 goal pace. His current 34 goal clip is completely uncharted territory for him. Him shooting at 18% is also likely unsustainable. My point was only that these two players are not that far apart based on the career to date. Galchenyuk has had 15% and 14.9% shooting so he is a good bet to improve on his 11 goal rate. Game 30 is a bit too early to be grading the trade.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad