"Alex Galchenyuk has arrived."

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Waiting...………

This team goes through extended goal draughts and count heavily on Galchenyuk to score goals. 3 goals in 21 games despite getting 1PP minutes is unacceptable. If he can't hit the back of the net with Keller and Schmaltz as line-mates there's reason for concern.

Crouse, Fischer and Panik all have DOUBLE the number of goals!
Galchenyuk and OEL have a combined 1 goal 5 on 5 in 28 games. That is totally unacceptable for both of them and there in lies the biggest part of our goal scoring problems.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Galchenyuk and OEL have a combined 1 goal 5 on 5 in 28 games. That is totally unacceptable for both of them and there in lies the biggest part of our goal scoring problems.
You can add you buddy Stepan to that list. He has one more goal than Chucky but has played 7 more games. You could probably add a few more to that list without any problem.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You can add you buddy Stepan to that list. He has one more goal than Chucky but has played 7 more games. You could probably add a few more to that list without any problem.
Stepan needs to get a few more points for sure but he does have 5 goals, 5 0n 5, so way better than OEL/Galchenyuk. Our poor play 5 on 5 needs more from OEL/Galchenyuk, PP needs more from anyone.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
When richardson leads your team in goals you have a million other problems.

Prove me wrong

We're just not good offensively. We really only have one scoring line. With Hayton in the crowd last game I'm assuming they are really counting on him to be a face of the organization in the near future. Hopefully that works out but we still need a lot more talent at forward, especially considering we have no real stars.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We're just not good offensively. We really only have one scoring line. With Hayton in the crowd last game I'm assuming they are really counting on him to be a face of the organization in the near future. Hopefully that works out but we still need a lot more talent at forward, especially considering we have no real stars.
We should be concerned as to why Hayton is in AZ.

Reactions: CC96 and Heldig

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stepan needs to get a few more points for sure but he does have 5 goals, 5 0n 5, so way better than OEL/Galchenyuk. Our poor play 5 on 5 needs more from OEL/Galchenyuk, PP needs more from anyone.
I think you are wrong on his 5 on 5 totals. I believe he has two short handed goals and two PP goals, but who's counting. The team as a whole can't score 5 vs 5. On our goals 5 on 5 OEL has been on the ice for 18, Stepan 13 and Chucky 9 and believe it or not Panik 15. OEL has made a few blunders this year, but he is the least of our worries.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They said he had a few days off before the junior camp started.
He hadn't played the previous 3 games with SSM. That's why I'm paranoid that his injury is more serious and Coyotes management wanted their own doctors to look at things. Pure speculation on my behalf.

Make that 4 games. SSM played today. Fellow potential WJC teammate Frost played. That blows the break argument to shit.

This isn't normal.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He hadn't played the previous 3 games with SSM. That's why I'm paranoid that his injury is more serious and Coyotes management wanted their own doctors to look at things. Pure speculation on my behalf.

Make that 4 games. SSM played today. Fellow potential WJC teammate Frost played. That blows the break argument to ****.

This isn't normal.
He's probably out for the year then. It's the Coyotes way.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If they wanted to keep an injury to Hayton quiet they wouldn't have paraded him at the game.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

If you are expecting Hayton to be a star offensive player you are in for a real let down.

I hated the Hayton pick. I’m coming around and I think he will be a good player. Maybe. Slightly better Dvorak.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Domi is making us look stupid. Dude is on fire. Another goal tonight. Was super psyched about Chucky but this is looking like a clear loss right now. Maybe things will be different in a year, but the odds aren't in our favor.

Oh well, he wanted out. AZ is not a prolific sports market, i gotta get used to that.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Domi is making us look stupid. Dude is on fire. Another goal tonight. Was super psyched about Chucky but this is looking like a clear loss right now. Maybe things will be different in a year, but the odds aren't in our favor.

Oh well, he wanted out. AZ is not a prolific sports market, i gotta get used to that.

And that’s how I see it. It sucks. He’s doing well. It’s what we all wanted. Just sucks he’s doing well elsewhere.

But at the end of the day, we have to establish ourselves as a winner and a retainable market.

I like Galchenyuk. I wish he would score more, I wish others would score more. Galchenyuk is having a hard time scoring, and he’s suffering from what I like to call; being an Arizona Coyote

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

He brings speed, quickness, he's sticky, plays with emotion and is physical. He's all the things Tocc seems to value. You have to earn that kid's trust and loyalty as a coach. Part of being a good leader is learning to manage all different kinds of personalities.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This from the Athletic: Montreal forward Max Domi (No. 12, 2013) wanted a change of scenery according to his agent, Pat Brisson.

This should to put to rest assertions that Max didn’t want to be traded.

Reactions: Name Nameless

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This from the Athletic: Montreal forward Max Domi (No. 12, 2013) wanted a change of scenery according to his agent, Pat Brisson.

This should to put to rest assertions that Max didn’t want to be traded.
Yes, of course he wanted out, he had a bad year and wasn't a favorite in the clubhouse. Keep in mind Chayka is a young GM and might have thought he was getting the better deal and potential C with Galchenyuk. Chayka is still young and this trade might teach him a lesson if Domi continues to thrive and Galchenyuk continues to under perform. Ryan McDunna(sp) thought he was a younger and smarter GM too.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wait, I thought Domi was a third line winger?

cobra427 said:
for a third line winger, maybe second line if he rebounds in Domi?
cobra427 said:
He might be a second line forward, but thats it tops.

But yes, he wanted out. People with brain cells knew that when he was "available " for "a fresh start" right after Duke mentioned "a couple other guys" after he got traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad