Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat extension - 3 years, $6.4m AAV

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's a good contract. I wish he was tied up longer, but it ending the same time as the Toews, Kane, and Keith contracts end really helps (love to see each of those guys re-signed, but not at their current cap hit). Also, Cat will still be a RFA, so it's not like we have to be concerned with him walking for nothing.

This also might make it easier to re-sign Strome and help to ice a competitive roster over the next few seasons.

And honestly, I'm glad that I can cheer on Cat burning down villages this season without worrying about how much it'll hurt next year's team.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Fine with this deal

We waited all day for you to weigh in and this is all you're giving us?

Four measly words?

I demand a refund.

tenor.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
to be 21, rich as hell and traveling around the world to the nicest cities to play a game you love while also having your best friend there to take part...imagine...both deserve it though...both dealt with a lot of doubters to get to this point and won out...
and with all of that is why they will show the Hawks loyalty for drafting them when other people passed (Cat) and trading for when people said he was a bust (Strome)...these two did this on their own merits but still owe the organization a debt of gratitude to give them an opportunity to live the life you speak of...plus doesn't hurt to step on the ice with #88 and #19...Cat and Strome both want to stay here and be linemates/teammates for as long as possible..win/win for us and them.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
people who like the deal are upset that people arent upset with the deal. what a world.

Tripp Longfellow

Feb 12, 2009
Canada
It's a good contract. I wish he was tied up longer, but it ending the same time as the Toews, Kane, and Keith contracts end really helps (love to see each of those guys re-signed, but not at their current cap hit). Also, Cat will still be a RFA, so it's not like we have to be concerned with him walking for nothing.

This also might make it easier to re-sign Strome and help to ice a competitive roster over the next few seasons.

And honestly, I'm glad that I can cheer on Cat burning down villages this season without worrying about how much it'll hurt next year's team.

This

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
View attachment 259945

"you see that line right there..thats where scout 2 said you're only a 20/20 guy"

f***ing scout #2.

Powers wrote up another one of those articles today. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'm sure there's a gem or two in there. Not sure whether we'll ever get gold like scout #2 again though.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad