Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat extension - 3 years, $6.4m AAV

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You said it wasn't a good signing, so who did you want as a back up? Your answer is bound to be laughable, Lehner was the best goalie available.

Where did I say the words it’s not a good signing?

I said Cat signing is the first “awesome” signing, The Lehner signing is a decent signing and it could be redundant or it can pay off well but at the end of the day it’s a one year deal it’s not gonna make or break anything this year as this team is not bound to do anything special anyway.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Where did I say the words it’s not a good signing?

I said Cat signing is the first “awesome” signing, The Lehner signing is a decent signing and it could be redundant or it can pay off well but at the end of the day it’s a one year deal it’s not gonna make or break anything this year as this team is not bound to do anything special anyway.
So signing the best goalie available is not an awesome signing?And you wonder why people LOL @ you.

You constantly bitch about Bowman not making the team better, he goes out, signs the best goalie he can, and you still shit on it.

LOL

Reactions: bwana63

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So signing the best goalie available is not an awesome signing?And you wonder why people LOL @ you.

You constantly ***** about Bowman not making the team better, he goes out, signs the best goalie he can, and you still **** on it.

LOL

Did you watch the game today? Is this team as improved as advertised by the stan apologists all summer long? Was I not ridiculed when I said numerous times I am not as optimistic as many here? Let’s just wait before we start crowning Stan the man king, he’s on the verge of a 5th failed season in a row. The play of the team he built and the coach he chose to guide them is extremely unorganized, sluggish and boring.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This is a good contract, i was starting to get worried when some mentioned 7 mil plus per annual.

Ever since Kane, Toews & Seabs got their big payday this club has gone downhill so i was thinking if he wanted 8 or 9 mil dump him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Did you watch the game today? Is this team as improved as advertised by the stan apologists all summer long? Was I not ridiculed when I said numerous times I am not as optimistic as many here? Let’s just wait before we start crowning Stan the man king, he’s on the verge of a 5th failed season in a row. The play of the team he built and the coach he chose to guide them is extremely unorganized, sluggish and boring.

5th failed season? It would be the 3rd failed season based on playoffs but anyone with a brain knows they needed to rebuild the last two seasons after a decade of being a really good team. Unfortunately all good things come to an end.

It has not been and rainbows and butterflies but the team is trending up in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwana63 and Giovi

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

It's only one game into the season (and Hawks were short handed in the back end) but I think anyone who says they are not at least somewhat concerned about the product on the ice is not telling the truth.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's only one game into the season (and Hawks were short handed in the back end) but I think anyone who says they are not at least somewhat concerned about the product on the ice is not telling the truth.

Crow’s play yesterday along with the mental mistakes are a concern for sure but like many have said it is early.

Random question: Has training camp been shortened? I remember it being longer in the past.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Crow’s play yesterday along with the mental mistakes are a concern for sure but like many have said it is early.

Random question: Has training camp been shortened? I remember it being longer in the past.
It seems like it has been shortened. Didn't it start like 2 days before the first preseason game?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

It’s concerning to the extent that they keep missing the playoffs and don’t get the benefit of the doubt, but it is just one game, and there’s no doubt we have more talent than in the past.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I did not watch the game, but it was one game.

Who is crowning Stan? I simply said the Lehner signing was an awesome signing, along with the Cat.

I am as skeptical as any when it comes to this team, but it's early, and the team on paper looks the best it has since 2016.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I did not watch the game, but it was one game.

Who is crowning Stan? I simply said the Lehner signing was an awesome signing, along with the Cat.

I am as skeptical as any when it comes to this team, but it's early, and the team on paper looks the best it has since 2016.

Teams miss playoffs by one game, I don’t like the saying “it’s one game”

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Teams miss playoffs by one game, I don’t like the saying “it’s one game”

This is fair in the sense you are talking about. I agree every game is important (until you have your playoff spot locked up). I think others are talking about "it is only one game" in the sense that poor play is more of an anomaly and will not be the norm. Example the game yesterday was not the norm for Crow or Keith. Make sense?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What I mean by "it's one game" is, this one game doesn't define our season, yet. If they are playing the same type of hockey in Game 20, i'll be more concerned.

We all have watched hockey long enough to realize that was more of "this team sucks" performance rather than "they didnt show up" performance. Anyway I am not saying its a definite one or the other but my brain tells me its the prior as it has the last couple year performance vibe to it.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Late to the party again, but booyah!!! Great flippin' deal for both sides.
Oh yah. D'Cat is a mini- Goliath in Offense-talent. Great White North resident ( but still B-hawks fan for life) here to say I'd give up PATRIK Laine for D'Cat. I believe he is that impactful and talented. Good on the Hawkstoget signed for a few years, at market value. He's a freaking 40-goal scorer!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad