Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat extension - 3 years, $6.4m AAV

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
What the actual hell? That came out of left field for sure, I'm pretty shocked.

I was pro long term extension, but the number is good, it expires right with the big guys which is perfect and we can afford a lot more of our guys like this next year! Awesome.

How cool is it that we have players like Cat who proactively sign instead of holding out, and an org too that does everything the right way. Great day!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
this is one tasty as **** deal!!! the man is getting less than Connor...WOW!!! shorter term yes, but this gets us through the weeds now.., no way Strome gets over $5mil now...

I'd offer Strome 3 years at 4.5m per and worst case he's your 3C and eats up the cap that Anisimov was set to make. Best case he's a 70 point center on a steal of a deal. Big picture it looks like the Hawks are trying to maintain their long term cap leverage beyond 19 and 88 last year of their deal. Who knows what the situation of the team will be so no need to go sign 8 year deals when the team might want to do a full rebuild. Benefit of 3 year deals is lower aav for Cat during 19/88 final prime years, maintain cap leverage long term, and Cat is still an RFA when deal expires. Stan is all the way back.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The negotiations: Would you take 8,5 Mill AAV Alex? Brinksy: no, Well.... would you take at least 7,5? Brinksy: nope, its still too much, 7?, Brinksy: nope, 6 million?, Brinksy: 6,4 and a new cool toy for my dog :) , deal!.

It's not quite as annoying as breadman but the nickname "Brinksy" has got to go.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'd offer Strome 3 years at 4.5m per and worst case he's your 3C and eats up the cap that Anisimov was set to make. Best case he's a 70 point center on a steal of a deal. Big picture it looks like the Hawks are trying to maintain their long term cap leverage beyond 19 and 88 last year of their deal. Who knows what the situation of the team will be so no need to go sign 8 year deals when the team might want to do a full rebuild. Benefit of 3 year deals is lower aav for Cat during 19/88 final prime years, maintain cap leverage long term, and Cat is still an RFA when deal expires. Stan is all the way back.

This is exactly what I wanted and talk about last year. I definitely started lost hope that it would be possible, but seeing other bridges around the league brought back a little hope. Then this!

My emotional roller coaster summed up here:
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad