Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat extension - 3 years, $6.4m AAV

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
So signing the best goalie available is not an awesome signing?And you wonder why people LOL @ you.

You constantly ***** about Bowman not making the team better, he goes out, signs the best goalie he can, and you still **** on it.

LOL
Hey. The _hit-hous_ is a couple steps down the hall, to the left (or the right)?
No need to " let it glow" here. Ha-ha-ha-hee...

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
What's up with DeBrincat this season, just a down year? Or is there a new system at work that is holding him back somehow?

You guys watch him every game so I'd be curious to know how he's looking and where you see him finishing the year.

Cheers

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What's up with DeBrincat this season, just a down year? Or is there a new system at work that is holding him back somehow?

You guys watch him every game so I'd be curious to know how he's looking and where you see him finishing the year.

Cheers

Slow start, he was just off in a lot of ways...He can still be a lot better but he's same old Cat, should finish with 65-70 pts unless he gets red hot

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Cheers

The power play was great last year and is 28th in the league this year. If they can get it going, he’ll score more goals. His shooting percentage is also way down and he hasn’t been able to get quality shots off as often as last year. Scoring 40 goals has brought more attention to him. Now he has to adjust back.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Looks like his shot pace (211) is roughly in line with last year (220) so that's good to see at least.

The sh% may not rebound all the way to 18% again as nobody really sustains that year over year but even at a still high but not impossible 14% he'd be right around 30 goals on the year.

The numbers say he's got more to give for sure, but probably not what he did last year unless he gets a lot more assists.

The numbers are one side of the story but since I don't get to watch him play much I wanted to get the eye test results from you folks. Thanks for the insights :thumbu:

Reactions: Geoist

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'm still 100% confident and on the board of my before the season prediction; 50+ goals.
- last season Alex scored 17 goals, 8 assists, 25 points in 22 games (DEC 5 -> JAN 22)
and 13 goals, 13 assists, 26 points in 19 games (FEB 1 -> MAR 13)
= 30 goals, 21 assists, 51 points in 41 games

When Kane had his insane streak last season, many didn't notice Alex's insane several months of goal & point scoring
(there was a reason why i said that he would score 50 last season, he was on pace for the 50, unfortunately...
he scored only 2 in his last 12 games...and was 9 goals shy)

He had a weird season; started really well, scored 9 goals quite quickly, then cooled off,
then Strome came,less than month later, his amazing season really begun,
but then all of the sudden he stopped scoring.

He just needs to keep his scoring touch / scoring consistency longer in the future, what last season.
Still really really young player, its insane how many goals (+points) he has already scored in his career,
when you really look into it.

To the NHL straight from the OHL, best player in the NHL of all sophomores last season, from 2016 Draftees
Alex has 3rd most goals, compared to the 2nd, 1st (Laine,Matthews), they didn't come straight
to the NHL without pro experience,....way tougher for DeBrincat.

- HE WILL GET THE 50 THIS SEASON -

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
45 goals in the next 58 games eh?
200.webp

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm still 100% confident and on the board of my before the season prediction; 50+ goals.
- last season Alex scored 17 goals, 8 assists, 25 points in 22 games (DEC 5 -> JAN 22)

When Kane had his insane streak last season, many didn't notice Alex's insane several months of goal & point scoring
(there was a reason why i said that he would score 50 last season, he was on pace for the 50, unfortunately...

He had a weird season; started really well, scored 9 goals quite quickly, then cooled off,

He just needs to keep his scoring touch / scoring consistency longer in the future, what last season.
Still really really young player, its insane how many goals (+points) he has already scored in his career,

To the NHL straight from the OHL, best player in the NHL of all sophomores last season, from 2016 Draftees
Alex has 3rd most goals, compared to the 2nd, 1st (Laine,Matthews), they didn't come straight

:laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I thought you said he was going to get 60?

At this rate, he'll be lucky to crack 30. He's on pace for 20 right now...

Reactions: d rake

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
So I was just looking up some stats and came across Alex DeBrincat's shooting percentage which is way, way worse than I thought at EV and 5v5.

He's second in shots on the team in both metrics but his 5v5 shooting percentage is 3.75% and 4.17% for EV.

My question is this bad puck luck or is something more serious wrong with his game? The only one with worse percentage is Carpentar among forwards who have played at least 10 games.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Nice deal Bowman.
Even the most negative posters on the board loved the deal when it was signed. Shitting on Bowman in retrospect because the early returns haven’t been great when everyone was on board at the time is really weak. I don’t think anyone really could have predicted DeBrincat to look this poor for most of the year.

Deal is still going to end up good. Would bet on DeBrincat bouncing back. He actually looked dangerous tonight again. Weird timing for this dig after a two goal night too lol.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Even the most negative posters on the board loved the deal when it was signed. Shitting on Bowman in retrospect because the early returns haven’t been great when everyone was on board at the time is really weak. I don’t think anyone really could have predicted DeBrincat to look this poor for most of the year.

Deal is still going to end up good. Would bet on DeBrincat bouncing back. He actually looked dangerous tonight again. Weird timing for this dig after a two goal night too lol.
i didn't like it

tgh

Dec 19, 2019

I agree, the deal will end up being good. His size was a concern for me and yes not the greatest season but still he is 4th in scoring for the team, could be worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad