Ales Hemsky Appreciation Thread

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Gonna miss Hemmer alot. It's the end of a era. An era of unparalleled suckage, but an era nonetheless.

He was my password on HF since day 1 too! Now what the hell am I gonna do?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I'd say I'm one of the biggest Hemsky haters on this board, but even I can admit that he was a good player for us at one point, and had his moments (Detroit Game 6, Stefan goal). Too bad his influence on the team was not so positive for the past few seasons.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Will always love Hemmer. The guy had a huge heart, that in many ways was his problem. when he was younger he played too much of a bang and crash game. He played fearless. Shame as his career IMO was really derailed due to injuries.

Hope the Sens make the playoffs now.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Will always love Hemmer. The guy had a huge heart, that in many ways was his problem. when he was younger he played too much of a bang and crash game. He played fearless. Shame as his career IMO was really derailed due to injuries.

Hope the Sens make the playoffs now.

Agreed. Hemmer was an absolute warrior, took all the punishment from other teams zeroing in on him. Hope he makes the playoffs and tears it up.

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Awesome player. It would have been nice if he could have played on better teams while here. And the injuries were obviously awful. Glad he finally got out of here and hope he lights it up in Ottawa.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Despite everything he had the best hands I have ever seen. Whether it was picking up a pass, top speed, behind the back or undressing the opposing D, he was a treat to watch. Now, he will get to showcase his skills in the East and I wish him the best of luck.

More sad then I imagined I would be today.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Despite everything he had the best hands I have ever seen. Whether it was picking up a pass, top speed, behind the back or undressing the opposing D, he was a treat to watch. Now, he will get to showcase his skills in the East and I wish him the best of luck.

More sad then I imagined I would be today.

same here, I've seen it coming for years but it still hurts.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Favorite player for the better part of a Decade.

Best of Luck Hemsky. Although I am voting for the flames in your first game as a Sen. I want the Oilers to stay behind the flames :)

We need to replace some of what we lost when you were traded.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He'll always be one of my favorites. I'm more excited to watch the Flames game tonight than I've been to watch an Oilers game for a long time. He deserves a chance with a good team.. I've said this before but we totally wasted this talent. In the years he was supposed to be lighting it up we had him beside Shawn Horcoff and Dustin Penner.

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
Ales Hemsky, you served us well.
We made your life a living hell.

I hope he has luck somewhere else, cause he wasn't going to get a good shot here. Thanks for everything Hemmer!

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Being one of the younger generation Oiler fans, he was always my favorite Oiler. He was all heart, and took a beating for this team. Best of luck in Ottawa Hemsky. Sens have themselves a new fan in me for their run to the playoffs.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
A small part of me still wants him to re-sign here in the summer lol.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Ales needs the change and I wish him well. This team is going nowhere fast, who exactly are the veterans on this team now? What a disaster. I hope Hemmer lights it up wherever he goes this summer. I just wish he was leaving here as an 06 Cup Champ.....he deserved that.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Ales needs the change and I wish him well. This team is going nowhere fast, who exactly are the veterans on this team now? What a disaster. I hope Hemmer lights it up whereever he goes this summer. I just wish he was leaving here as an 06 Cup Champ.....he deserved that.

Gagner and Ryan Jones are the longest tenured Oilers now

jboyce4

Mar 8, 2011
Red Deer
It was a delight getting to watch Hemsky for so long. Now, hopefully we are done with trading nhlers for picks for a while, though evidently Mac T's hand was forced in this situation.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Gagner and Ryan Jones are the longest tenured Oilers now

:facepalm:

That about sums it up folks. 24 year old and a pure dust 3rd-4th liner. Although, that may not actually be a horrible thing considering how good our team has been over their tenures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad