Ales Hemsky Appreciation Thread

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Sad to see Hemmer go.. my favorite player before all the young kids arrived. All the best to you Hemmer, gonna miss ya.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Sail on Hemmer. You were only traded because of duplication of skill on the team. Best of luck.

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
Thank YOU Ales for your contribution as an Edmonton Oiler.

You've been through some rough years and you deserved to play for a team that knows and cares about winning.

All the best in Ottawa Ales

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
I have always cheered for the Sens in the east, so while I was kind of hoping to watch him with a contender this post-season (which would have given me a reason to actually care other than to cheer against the teams I don't like) I hope he can spark the Sens and they can get into the playoffs.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Sad to see Hemsky go, couldn't even trade him to a contender MacT?

Kind of funny that Hemsky beat the Sens last night, and then they pick him up this morning. Shoulda traded for him yesterday, lol.

Can't wait to see where Hemsky lands in free agency.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
He definitely will be missed by me. I always was a Hemsky fan and I will continue to follow him.

I hope the Sens make the playoffs, Hemsky deserves that!

Good luck Hemsky!

Oct 30, 2011
I really hope he has chemistry with Spezza.

He's still one of my favourite players.

I'm miffed he wasn't traded to a contender, but I understand that Kesler and Vanek were holding things up a bit.

McStanley

Dec 8, 2005
Until the arrival of Hall, Hemsky was my favorite player in a sea of plugs since we traded away Doug Weight.

2006 seems like yesterday and I was hoping to one day see Hemmer raise a Stanley Cup in an Oiler jersey.

Good Luck in the rest of your career and thanks for glorious goals.

BruceOp

Dec 8, 2004
I've been an Oilers fan since the early 80's, many great moments from then until now, but the 2 most famous Hemsky goals are probably my most searched goals on Youtube! All the best to ya buddy!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Hemsky was so good in the 2006 playoffs

Game 6 against the Wnigs
game winner against the Ducks in game 2
that unbelievable tying goal against the Canes in Game 1

dude brought it in big games

too bad injuries slowed him down

my favorite Oilers for years....good luck in Ottawa Hemmer!

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Hemmer is a beaut. When he is feeling it he creates havoc out there. Love the guy. Best of luck to him going forward.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK
I'm definitely going to miss Hemsky. I hope Ottawa makes a playoff push for his sake. He was a favourite of mine for a long time and my first Oilers jersey. Sad to see him go.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So long Hemmer.

Hope you can turn it back around and show the league that we were always right. :laugh:

You are a tremendous talent and deserve a chance at hockey's ultimate prize.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
This may seem odd, considering that I've thought that Hemsky should have been moved for the past year, but:

I actually am sad that Hemmer is no longer an Oiler. And not just a little bit sad, but quite sad.

For one, I don't think MacT got a great return.

However, even if I did... Some posters may be too young to remember, but even when Hemsky was a young player, he never lacked in toughness. He wasn't Lucic, and he didn't impose his will on other teams, but still .... the number of times I have seen him abused by players like Regehr who knew that he was the Oilers' only offensive threat without any fear of repercussion.. quite honestly, it's staggering.

Yet, he still maintained a veneer of professionalism throughout the whole ordeal. He had a few years where he was injury prone, but I still believe that Hemmer is a top 6 player on pretty much any team in the league (except the Oilers).

Honestly, as a person who has been an Oilers fan for over 25 years.... Ales, I wish you well. You didn't deserve this crap show of a management team that we have.

Thank you for the years of abuse you received while being the only player on the team that possessed even a shred of talent.

Baggers

Markable89

May 6, 2010
Torotno
Great talent who was vastly under appreciated. Bled copper and blue, and created some of the younger fans (Including me) brightest moments as oilers fans.

He will forever be an oiler in my mind.

Moving forward though it looks like I'm cheering for Ottawa to win big this season (however unlikely). I could see him doing great things given a better team.

Kulleroinen*

I really liked Hemsky and I am sad to see him gone.

But... it was time to move on for both parties. Good luck in future, Hemmer.

Pourinthecoal

Jul 13, 2009
Hemmer carried himself with integrity through the whole mess of the Oilers during his time here. Electric player, but didn't have the pieces around him. The future is bright for Ales, good luck to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad