News Article: Al Trautwig taking a leave of absence.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
at least we don't have to listen to this guy anymore. i forgot his name Mike Crispo or something like that

the guy working with Joe during this game. he was just awful

whatever happened to him?

If this is Mike Crispino then he didn't have his contract renewed with the Knicks on radio a couple of years ago. Ed Cohen took his place.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I will never understand the hate this fanbase has for John giannone.

You guys should listen to his podcast.. it's great.

I actually enjoy him. i don't mind him. Bill Pido is entertaining but he makes more stupid jokes than Vally

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I will never understand the hate this fanbase has for John giannone.

You guys should listen to his podcast.. it's great.
I can't stand his desperate effort to make every game and player comment sound like an epic historic moment in time. It's nauseating.

His report between the benches is the only thing of value.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I can't stand his desperate effort to make every game and player comment sound like an epic historic moment in time. It's nauseating.

His report between the benches is the only thing of value.

I can see how that would be annoying to some people, but I give him credit for developing his own style and sticking with it. Thats what separates the run-of-the-mill TV personalities from the great ones. Not saying he's great but I think he does a good job in interviews and between the benches. People seem to love Doc Emrick and his schtick - and again thats his signature call which separates him - but I'd rather hear JG call a game over him any day of the week because Doc's voice goes RIGHT through me.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I think he does a good job in interviews
That's another thing. His questions are so convoluted. They can be asked in a much simpler fashion. I think he just likes to hear himself talk. Many times players ask him to repeat the question cause they don't understand it. Perfect example was last night when he interviewed Panarin. Even the translator had a tough time explaining John's questions to Panarin.

Doc is another that makes me wanna puke. But that's more to due with his voice tone. He makes me cringe.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Other than John Giannone being awful filling in for Sam, him asking every player what his "mission statement" is, annoys the shit out of me. Why can't he just say mission? Mission statements are a very specific corporate thing that's bullshit anyway.

Reactions: NCRanger

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
It's New York City, can we do better than Giannone?

Every time he takes a breathe, he is attempting to justify his place with a single double-entendre. Rarely wity, and never insightful. He's not a bad professional - perfectly fine for a 3rd market club, or at another level.

This is the New York Rangers, we need to do better....

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I can see how that would be annoying to some people, but I give him credit for developing his own style and sticking with it. Thats what separates the run-of-the-mill TV personalities from the great ones. Not saying he's great but I think he does a good job in interviews and between the benches. People seem to love Doc Emrick and his schtick - and again thats his signature call which separates him - but I'd rather hear JG call a game over him any day of the week because Doc's voice goes RIGHT through me.

I get what you're saying because for a long long time I had issues with Emrick's voice too and it took me decades to start to appreciate him. He is good at what he does though.

Reactions: Maximus

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
If Al is out for a while (and we are inflicted with more Bill P.) then I hope we get more Dave Maloney as a counter-measure.

Shoots from the hip and isn't afraid to tell it like it is half the time. His locker room interviews are also some of the best.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I was at the event and he was 2 feet in front of me. He was walking around and chatting with people in the audience and I didn't notice anything off but then again I wasn't looking for anything.
I wasn't either. I was surprised when several posters in this thread mentioned he has been a shaky mess for years. That's why I went back to watch something I had on DVR that was fairly recent from last season. What I noticed was that the tremors didn't seem to affect him when he was talking or moving around. That doesn't seem to be the case now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad