News Article: Al Trautwig taking a leave of absence.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
We probably shouldn't...but it sure looked like Parkinson's to me... For a while I was worried I had it so I'm familiar with the symptoms....

(I don't ..my tremors were caused by side effects from meds)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And glad you're okay bud. That must have been a nerve racking visit.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Oh man. I truly hope he gets well as soon as possible. Even if he has to retire. I just hope he’s alright. I’ve always loved Al and thought he was underrated or under-appreciated around here.

Reactions: ohbaby

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I’ve always loved Al and thought he was underrated or under-appreciated around here.
I couldn't agree more. But since his appearance became news, I have read some controversial stuff surrounding him, that I never knew of. But that was in the past and I never seen it affect his outstanding work at MSG and particularly that of the Rangers broadcasts. His rapport with Steve Valiquette in post game shows will be sorely missed if he does not return. That was one of highlights of any Rangers win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buchnevich89

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Hopefully it's something he can deal with. I'm relatively in the same age range and the older you get the more **** is likely to come your way. It is part of the cycle of life--that's why younger people should make the most of their lives while they can.....at least as long as long they're not harming anyone else. Thinking about doing something that will make you happy---you should do it. Second chances don't always come around.

as i have my morning coffee, im delighted to say that this post made my day.

from one old timer to another, terrific take my friend.

just glorious

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I couldn't agree more. But since his appearance became news, I have read some controversial stuff surrounding him, that I never knew of. But that was in the past and I never seen it affect his outstanding work at MSG and particularly that of the Rangers broadcasts. His rapport with Steve Valiquette in post game shows will be sorely missed if he does not return. That was one of highlights of any Rangers win.

Like what? That he called someone's mother?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Unfortunately this has been noticeable for some 3 years now. Sometimes we forget these "everyday" people we see on TV are human beings and can be affected with "things" just like us. Hopefully we will just "temporarily" miss him. Otherwise, I am happy for him to get off the air, and take care of his issue(s). Kudos to MSG "if" they gave him the "option", NO kudos if they forced him. Get well Al.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Him and Steve together were amazing

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
A screenshot won't help. Would need video to capture his actions. Al has had shaky hands for a few years now. He holds papers in his hands to steady them or puts his free hand in his pocket to disguise it. And the last few years it has gotten worse. But he was always upbeat and in command of his thoughts. But his appearance last week, it seems what ever he has, has progressed further. It clearly affected his voice, stammering a bit. Also his posture was off. Hunched over and leaning to one side. It was very noticeable, and alarming. Never before had it affected his posture and voice. It was very sad to see. I wish him all the best, and hope he will be able to return.
He looked like he lost some weight too. Almost gaunt.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I went back and just watched clips of Al interview Messier and Graves, Leetch and Buke for the 25th-anniversary celebration. He is clearly shaking. It's either his hand or his face has a tremor when he isn't speaking. It's not very noticeable unless you are looking for it. I think the difference between then and now is he looks much thinner today and his voice has been affected. I won't speculate what's going on with him other than to say it's not good, and I hope he can get better.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I went back and just watched clips of Al interview Messier and Graves, Leetch and Buke for the 25th-anniversary celebration. He is clearly shaking. It's either his hand or his face has a tremor when he isn't speaking. It's not very noticeable unless you are looking for it. I think the difference between then and now is he looks much thinner today and his voice has been affected. I won't speculate what's going on with him other than to say it's not good, and I hope he can get better.
Yeah he's been shaky for a while. He disguises it as best as he can, but I saw it very early on. His speech was the big difference this year. He had a very hard time getting the words out.

Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Kudos to MSG "if" they gave him the "option", NO kudos if they forced him.

I get the feeling he was kinda "strongly advised" to take leave. I wouldn't say forced, but just short of it. I just hope whatever he has, can be managed or remedied.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I was at the event and he was 2 feet in front of me. He was walking around and chatting with people in the audience and I didn't notice anything off but then again I wasn't looking for anything.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'm equally concerned about Al's health and having to see John G more often than I currently see/hear him

at least we don't have to listen to this guy anymore. i forgot his name Mike Crispo or something like that

the guy working with Joe during this game. he was just awful

whatever happened to him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad