News Article: Al Trautwig taking a leave of absence.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think there's a balance to be had. You need a niche, you need to stand out.

But some people take it to the extreme. Personally, I find it to be a sign of insecurity.

If you need to become a cartoon character to be recognized, then it probably means your work isn't good enough on its own merits.

Eh, there are different ways to skin a cat. Unless it's unethical, who cares how you become successful?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I never have been a big Trautwig fan, but I hope he bounces back from whatever has him down.

I wish him nothing but the best!

Has anyone you included, ever ascertained what is it that Trautwig has going on that has been so debilitating that his career has needed to take a back seat?.

The last thing I remember about Trautwig was on one of the intermission reports at beginning of the Ranger season, Al didn't look good at all. I recall his teeth in particular looking as if they were rotted away something like that and he was maybe slurring a bit.

I think that's what I remember. What I defintily know is that it was quite disturbing to alot of us in here and we discussed it and next thing you know, he was off the air the following game and that's been it not a word about him since.

So if anyone knows anything, I'd love to hear how he's doing....thx in advance.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Has anyone you included, ever ascertained what is it that Trautwig has going on that has been so debilitating that his career has needed to take a back seat?.

The last thing I remember about Trautwig was on one of the intermission reports at beginning of the Ranger season, Al didn't look good at all. I recall his teeth in particular looking as if they were rotted away something like that and he was maybe slurring a bit.

I think that's what I remember. What I defintily know is that it was quite disturbing to alot of us in here and we discussed it and next thing you know, he was off the air the following game and that's been it not a word about him since.

So if anyone knows anything, I'd love to hear how he's doing....thx in advance.

Yeah I remember that as well. He was also shaking pretty badly. After that game he went on his LOA.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hope to see Al well and back as soon as possible. Or at least I hope it’s not due to health reasons. However unlikely. Maybe he was running a numbers racket or something and got quietly let go.

Reactions: Ola

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Hope to see Al well and back as soon as possible. Or at least I hope it’s not due to health reasons. However unlikely. Maybe he was running a numbers racket or something and got quietly let go.

so maybe he was a gambler, he does not seem like a deadbeat gambler to me, maybe the mafia took him out if that was the case.

Reactions: egelband

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
so maybe he was a gambler, he does not seem like a deadbeat gambler to me, maybe the mafia took him out if that was the case.

It's got to be a health issue. What I recall distinctly is beginning of last season maybe 2nd game in, when Al was doing his thing in between periods, when he spoke, you could see his teeth had rotted out. Not just one of them but all of them. It was very disturbing to be honest. He just didn't look well at all.

Next thing you know he was off the air and hasn't been back since withought a peep from anyone. It's actually quite bizarre. But it's most definitely a health issue.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It's got to be a health issue. What I recall distinctly is beginning of last season maybe 2nd game in, when Al was doing his thing in between periods, when he spoke, you could see his teeth had rotted out. Not just one of them but all of them. It was very disturbing to be honest. He just didn't look well at all.

Next thing you know he was off the air and hasn't been back since withought a peep from anyone. It's actually quite bizarre. But it's most definitely a health issue.
I'm just shocked MSG did not send their wishes like whenever someone is sick or has health issues MSG usually mentions it. very shocked that nothing was even said even last season when it started.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->