News Article: Al Trautwig taking a leave of absence.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wow, you guys were actually all on point.

Get well, Al.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
He hasn't looked right for a while now. I have an idea about what it might be, but one shouldn't speculate about such things. Hope he's ok.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully it's something he can deal with. I'm relatively in the same age range and the older you get the more shit is likely to come your way. It is part of the cycle of life--that's why younger people should make the most of their lives while they can.....at least as long as long they're not harming anyone else. Thinking about doing something that will make you happy---you should do it. Second chances don't always come around.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He hasn't looked right for a while now. I have an idea about what it might be, but one shouldn't speculate about such things. Hope he's ok.
We probably shouldn't...but it sure looked like Parkinson's to me... For a while I was worried I had it so I'm familiar with the symptoms....

(I don't ..my tremors were caused by side effects from meds)

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Did he really look that ill? I missed that game. Anyone have a screenshot?
A screenshot won't help. Would need video to capture his actions. Al has had shaky hands for a few years now. He holds papers in his hands to steady them or puts his free hand in his pocket to disguise it. And the last few years it has gotten worse. But he was always upbeat and in command of his thoughts. But his appearance last week, it seems what ever he has, has progressed further. It clearly affected his voice, stammering a bit. Also his posture was off. Hunched over and leaning to one side. It was very noticeable, and alarming. Never before had it affected his posture and voice. It was very sad to see. I wish him all the best, and hope he will be able to return.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Awww geeze. Knew something was up. He looked really off the other night. Wish him well and hope he gets well and is back on the air soon

Reactions: egelband

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Having recently watched a very old broadcast showing Al in his younger days, it was all the more striking seeing him the other night.

As everyone has said, something was clearly wrong.

I hope he's going to be alright.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yup...I knew like y'all something wasn't right with Al the other night. Besides the slumping one side and shaky voice tone and hands shaking, not sure any of you guys noticed but he had a pretty noticeable tint of yellow skin and even more concerning was I noticed that his teeth especially the bottom ones looked rotted. It was very uncomfortable seeing this and when I saw this I said to myself...something aint right in Dodge City. And what do you know...the news today that he's taking a leave of absence...no coincidence folks.

I'm wondering if this might not be alcohol related as some of the symptoms of alcoholism and when one's liver starts to fail are some of the things we all noticed in Al the other night. Let's just hope and pray he gets the help he needs and he comes back soon. For alot of us older longtime Ranger fans, Al has been a staple on Ranger broadcasts and just like Sam Rosen, it will be a sad day when their times come to go to pasture. Hopefully it's not yet...get well Al...we are rooting for ya bud.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Yup...I knew like y'all something wasn't right with Al the other night. Besides the slumping one side and shaky voice tone and hands shaking, not sure any of you guys noticed but he had a pretty noticeable tint of yellow skin and even more concerning was I noticed that his teeth especially the bottom ones looked rotted. It was very uncomfortable seeing this and when I saw this I said to myself...something aint right in Dodge City. And what do you know...the news today that he's taking a leave of absence...no coincidence folks.

I'm wondering if this might not be alcohol related as some of the symptoms of alcoholism and when one's liver starts to fail are some of the things we all noticed in Al the other night. Let's just hope and pray he gets the help he needs and he comes back soon. For alot of us older longtime Ranger fans, Al has been a staple on Ranger broadcasts and just like Sam Rosen, it will be a sad day when their times come to go to pasture. Hopefully it's not yet...get well Al...we are rooting for ya bud.
His teeth have been rotted for a while. There are pics of it at the Olympics. Think he forgot the veneers.

Reactions: iggyDDS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad