Status
Not open for further replies.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Wolves Add Bokk

Bokk becomes the fourth first-round pick under 21 years of age to be assigned to the Wolves this week — joining Carolina prospects Seth Jarvis (13th overall in the 2020 draft) and Ryan Suzuki (28th in the 2019 draft) and Nashville prospect Philip Tomasino (24th in the 2019 draft). Tomasino and Suzuki earned silver medals while representing Canada in the 2020 WJC.
The Wolves will play their 2020-21 home games at the Chicago Wolves training facility at Triphahn Ice Arena in Hoffman Estates.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I will pay to watch the Wolves this year if the season actually starts.

Jarvis, Rees, Suzuki, Bokk, Bean, Keane, Cotton, Lorentz and Tomasino insulated by vets. Should be a good team.

Jarvis/Rees/Tomasino/Suzuki are likely only there short-term. WHL and OHL probably starts back up in March.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Jarvis/Rees/Tomasino/Suzuki are likely only there short-term. WHL and OHL probably starts back up in March.

I'll believe the WHL/OHL will have a season when I see it. Even European junior leagues are shutting down for the 2nd half of the year.

I'm not sure of the CHL/AHL contract considerations in a weird year but even in the WHL/OHL had ~20 game seasons then I would rather see Jarvis, Rees, and Suzuki getting minutes in the AHL with some continuity.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'll believe the WHL/OHL will have a season when I see it. Even European junior leagues are shutting down for the 2nd half of the year.

I'm not sure of the CHL/AHL contract considerations in a weird year but even in the WHL/OHL had ~20 game seasons then I would rather see Jarvis, Rees, and Suzuki getting minutes in the AHL with some continuity.

The thing is that in the AHL, coaches tend to play guys that are most likely to help them win. I'm skeptical that the young guys get the developmental time in the AHL that they can get in juniors, at least right now. I could be very wrong, though.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The thing is that in the AHL, coaches tend to play guys that are most likely to help them win. I'm skeptical that the young guys get the developmental time in the AHL that they can get in juniors, at least right now. I could be very wrong, though.

In a normal season I agree. But this season with a highly abbreviated junior season with little time for development? Better they get the time at a higher level without having to throw them in the deep end of the NHL.

Reactions: DaveG

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Who is the voice of the Wolves?

No change from Jason Shaver, per Chicago's website (Link).

Interestingly, the color commentator on the Wolves broadcasts will be Bill Gardner. His voice will sound familiar to those who watched the Whalers at the very end and the Canes at the very beginning. He is Tripp's predecessor.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Put up or shut up time...hope he does well.

DBCHI.jpg

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Chicago Wolves Insider - info re: upcoming games, etc.

TOP LINE

KASIMIR KASKISUO
When the Wolves signed a one-year affiliation deal with the Nashville Predators earlier this month, that meant goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo gets to return to Chicago. He helped the 2017-18 Wolves capture the Central Division title as he posted a 13-13-0 record with a team-leading 2.38 goals-against average and a .914 save percentage.
David-Gust-headshot-edit.jpg
DAVID GUST

This Orland Park native signed a two-way contract during the offseason to stay with the Carolina Hurricanes. The 26-year-old Ohio State graduate has spent the last three seasons in the AHL and racked up 42 goals, 46 assists and a +11 plus/minus rating while playing for the Bakersfield Condors and Charlotte Checkers.
Keane-e1611619562848.jpg
JOEY KEANE

Keane, the New York Rangers’ third-round pick in 2018, grew up in Homer Glen. The 21-year-old defenseman started his pro career last year and earned AHL All-Rookie team honors playing for Hartford and Charlotte. He notched 8 goals and 22 assists for Hartford before posting 1 goal and 6 assists in 7 games for the Checkers.

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
He was sent down to Chicago on Jan. 12 and hasn’t been recalled since. If he’s still in Raleigh that’s a problem this year.

He’s currently in Raleigh, take a look at the date of the above tweet.

I imagine he and the others are the new taxi squad, pending quarantine. I’m not really sure why the recalls haven’t been officially announced.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He was sent down to Chicago on Jan. 12 and hasn’t been recalled since. If he’s still in Raleigh that’s a problem this year.

If the AHL is a ways away, is there something in some agreement that prevents this? Not disagreeing with you, just wondering why it’s a problem.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He’s currently in Raleigh, take a look at the date of the above tweet.

I imagine he and the others are the new taxi squad, pending quarantine. I’m not really sure why the recalls haven’t been officially announced.

Ah, tweet didn’t load at first.

The team will need more taxi squad in case of emergency, but I wonder how soon they would be available to play after traveling down and quarantining.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know the exact scenarios and rules, but there have been some instances already this year I've seen of private transportation being a way around quarantine rules. Maybe it's possible they found a way to utilize that.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad