News: Agent Allan Walsh: Max Pacioretty to LA was a done deal (pending extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Never meant to split hairs about wording. "Concrete" and "iron-clad" are synonymous. My bad if I was unclear, I'm with you about the meaning in your post and in the article.

My point was, while the article author claims his sources are legit, they aren't named. Where as the claims that Patches wants to stay are from the man himself and his agent. I'll take 2 reports from the horse's mouth over 3 mystery ones.

But he is saying he wants to stay with the Habs. He said he's ready to sign a contract offer today, but no firm offer has been made. The only offer we know he got was from LA, and he turned it down. I don't think he turned down LA because the contract terms were unfair, I think he did it because he would prefer to play for Montreal.[/QUOTE]

I think he did it because he wants more than $6M a year, and given how contracts get handed out on July 1 I could see it happening.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Makes sense. I would rather have Kovy on the contract he signed than Pacioretty at 7 x $6.5m.
Only thing that scares me about Kovalchuk contract is that it has a full NMC. Meaning expansion draft protection if Seattle gets a team.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
come on down Bowman....we know Berg still has a hard on for Seabrook!!! make it happen brotha!

I love the way you're thinking. Seabrook for Patches ill take that in a heartbeat. Heck well even throw in murphy or forsling .

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Maybe Pacioretty just asked his agent to say this to butter up the home crowd. I wouldn’t want 20000 people booing me. In my own rink. That’s just mean!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Never meant to split hairs about wording. "Concrete" and "iron-clad" are synonymous. My bad if I was unclear, I'm with you about the meaning in your post and in the article.

My point was, while the article author claims his sources are legit, they aren't named. Where as the claims that Patches wants to stay are from the man himself and his agent. I'll take 2 reports from the horse's mouth over 3 mystery ones.

But he is saying he wants to stay with the Habs. He said he's ready to sign a contract offer today, but no firm offer has been made. The only offer we know he got was from LA, and he turned it down. I don't think he turned down LA because the contract terms were unfair, I think he did it because he would prefer to play for Montreal.
honest question, why on Earth would he want to stay? it seems there has been shit talked about him for years within the organization, and if they haven't given you an offer yet, which by all accounts is accurate, doesn't that say enough to your value there?? I love Patches, he had a bad year and looked like shit, but the whole damn team did in that mess that Berg created...he deserves better than this and people forget how good he really is...I guess him wanting to stay there shows more loyalty I could ever have and I am just unsure why he would want to stay knowing he really isn't wanted anymore?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Montreal fans

"It was for Doughty, Vilardi, Kopitar and 10 next first round picks"
Nice try tho, in beint serious, you’re spitting bullshit, no sain people expected vilardi in a package for patch. A shit ton of LA fan kept saying it was a fake trade and their team didn’t want anyhing to do with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What are the chances that MaxPac is the next Eric Staal? When he came to MN, we were told by everyone that he was washed up.

Boy, were they wrong.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
He should demand a trade to Edmonton and make it public, playing with McDavid his value would skyrocket for UFA.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
honest question, why on Earth would he want to stay? it seems there has been **** talked about him for years within the organization, and if they haven't given you an offer yet, which by all accounts is accurate, doesn't that say enough to your value there?? I love Patches, he had a bad year and looked like ****, but the whole damn team did in that mess that Berg created...he deserves better than this and people forget how good he really is...I guess him wanting to stay there shows more loyalty I could ever have and I am just unsure why he would want to stay knowing he really isn't wanted anymore?

Until this last season, I'd say the team always backed him 100%. They stood behind him when he was named captain over Subban too.

Reactions: iSophagus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad