News: Agent Allan Walsh: Max Pacioretty to LA was a done deal (pending extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Clearly Pacioretty must've felt insulted and was unimpressed by whatever extension was being offered. So, what do you guys think Bergevin was to receive from LA for a signed Pacioretty? One name we do know who definitely wasn't going to Montreal was Gabe Vilardi.

Bergevin probably asked for Doughty, Vilardi and their next 8 first rounders. LA countered with a 2nd rounder. Bergevin accepts.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It probably would have been something like Iafallo, a prospect and pick #21 for a signed Pacioretty. I don't think that is too unreasonable of a return.

cafelatte

Jan 11, 2014
Please ... let's be fair to the Montreal organization here ... this piece of news is actually a subset of a bigger news reported by a serious and credible journalist, Martin Leclerc, from Radio Canada, who says that he has 3 iron-clad sources reporting to him that it is Max Pacioretty that has asked to be traded. This goes as far back as the 2013-14 season.

You can read the entire article here: Coup de théâtre : c'est Pacioretty qui a demandé à quitter Montréal! | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca ... very interesting report ...

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Max felt LA pressured him to make a decision on an extension before the LA pick for the deal to go through and he did not like that approach. He literally had like 30 mins to take in being traded to LA and sign a long term deal. They basically said to him take it or leave it and he took it the wrong way. He even fired his agent over it

Montreal Canadiens: The Max Pacioretty trade that almost happened

While not the link I originally read that does state that part of the reason he fired his agent Pat Brisson was this deal

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Please ... let's be fair to the Montreal organization here ... this piece of news is actually a subset of a bigger news reported by a serious and credible journalist, Martin Leclerc, from Radio Canada, who says that he has 3 iron-clad sources reporting to him that it is Max Pacioretty that has asked to be traded. This goes as far back as the 2013-14 season.

You can read the entire article here: Coup de théâtre : c'est Pacioretty qui a demandé à quitter Montréal! | ICI.Radio-Canada.ca ... very interesting report ...

calling LeClerc a credible journalist is a bit of a stretch. He has real sources, but tends to embellish. He does quite a bit of editorializing in the article and only has one unnamed source for 2013-2014. Which is a really weird drop in in the first place.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
calling LeClerc a credible journalist is a bit of a stretch. He has real sources, but tends to embellish. He does quite a bit of editorializing in the article and only has one unnamed source for 2013-2014. Which is a really weird drop in in the first place.

I guess Allan Walsh wasn't wrong when he accused the Canadiens as being the source of the leaked information that's out there.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'm guessing the deal was Lafallo + Pick 21.

Sidenote: send him to Edmonton, Ill give ya 2 2nds which is probably his value right now anyway lol.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

I didn't read anything "iron-clad" in that article. In fact, it makes less sense that he would be demanding a trade in private while claiming he wants to stay in public.

It was an interesting read. But everything I see seems like he would be fine to stay, but Ownership/management wants him gone.

The idea that a deal was done with LA until he refused to sign an extension kind of backs that up. Why demand a trade, and then decline a good destination that comes with an extension? I assume the offer from LA would have been fair.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Max felt LA pressured him to make a decision on an extension before the LA pick for the deal to go through and he did not like that approach. He literally had like 30 mins to take in being traded to LA and sign a long term deal. They basically said to him take it or leave it and he took it the wrong way. He even fired his agent over it

Montreal Canadiens: The Max Pacioretty trade that almost happened

While not the link I originally read that does state that part of the reason he fired his agent Pat Brisson was this deal

That looks pretty bad on the Habs and Kings + Brisson. Can't blame Pacioretty for firing his agent for that.

Reactions: CPTN71

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
That looks pretty bad on the Habs and Kings + Brisson. Can't blame Pacioretty for firing his agent for that.

I don't see how it looks bad on the Kings. If a deal that included our draft pick was involved it would make everything time sensitive. Blake would have had a contract in mind that he felt was worth trading those assets for.(whatever they were) ie Patches at 6mx6y is more valuable than patches at 8 x 8 obviously. LA has very limited cap space. Its hard to see how it is any sort of slight to patches for the time frame/ offer or to LA for patches to decline.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
this morning John Shannon said on the Fan 960 is was for LA's first round pick. The extension LA had tabled was a 6 year $6M/year deal which was turned down.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I was told from numerous Kings fans on here that Pacioretty was not a need.

I don't believe this rumor for one second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->