News: Agent Allan Walsh: Max Pacioretty to LA was a done deal (pending extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I’m confused, TDL deals are usually teams pushing for the playoffs, why the hell would they go for Pacioretty who is notoriously absent come playoff time? There is a reason he’s called casperetty and vanisheretty.

I too am bored with the Pacioretty drama, but these false narratives that keep being spewed out and regurgitated are getting to ridiculous levels, and I understand it's Habs fans/media fault but surely you're smarter than this.

In a nut shell, Pacioretty has a similar game to that of Ovechkin, if you don't watch many Habs games. What I mean by that, is that both players rely heavily on their shot and receiving the puck at the right time and place. The biggest difference here (a side from demeanour and physicality) is that Ovechkin has played with some of the most talented playmakers in the league, while Patch has had some of the worst. So think about Ovechkin without Backstrom and Kuznetsov and replace them with 3/4th line/AHL scrubs, would he be as effective? Would he disappear and be coached out of playoff games too?

Sure, Pacioretty had a bad season last year but without seeing what he can do surrounded by elite playmakers it's hard to evaluate his abilities and potential, which I understand is weird to say for a player who's been in the league as long as Pacioretty.......

Now of course all this drama has lowered his value, I don't think anyone can argue that.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I too am bored with the Pacioretty drama, but these false narratives that keep being spewed out and regurgitated are getting to ridiculous levels, and I understand it's Habs fans/media fault but surely you're smarter than this.

In a nut shell, Pacioretty has a similar game to that of Ovechkin, if you don't watch many Habs games. What I mean by that, is that both players rely heavily on their shot and receiving the puck at the right time and place. The biggest difference here (a side from demeanour and physicality) is that Ovechkin has played with some of the most talented playmakers in the league, while Patch has had some of the worst. So think about Ovechkin without Backstrom and Kuznetsov and replace them with 3/4th line/AHL scrubs, would he be as effective? Would he disappear and be coached out of playoff games too?

Sure, Pacioretty had a bad season last year but without seeing what he can do surrounded by elite playmakers it's hard to evaluate his abilities and potential, which I understand is weird to say for a player who's been in the league as long as Pacioretty.......

Now of course all this drama has lowered his value, I don't think anyone can argue that.

This is a guy that has led his team in scoring 5 regular season straight before this one. Something is very fishy if MB is not getting good offers for this guy . Is it the lack of respect other GM’s have towards bergevin or are they undervaluing paciorrety because he disappears in the playoffs?. I agree with you that not many snipers in the league can put up consistent numbers like him playing with Deharnais and Plekanec as your best centers for the past decade. It’s a shame for max but it is what it is

Jul 6, 2016

Patches is nowhere near Ovechkin skill wise, and he is nowhere to see on the ice in the Playoffs (when Habs reach them).

HC7

May 2, 2018
Now that we see the VGK return you have to think Vilardi was apart of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad