News: Agent Allan Walsh: Max Pacioretty to LA was a done deal (pending extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafelatte

Jan 11, 2014
I didn't read anything "iron-clad" in that article. In fact, it makes less sense that he would be demanding a trade in private while claiming he wants to stay in public.

It was an interesting read. But everything I see seems like he would be fine to stay, but Ownership/management wants him gone.

The idea that a deal was done with LA until he refused to sign an extension kind of backs that up. Why demand a trade, and then decline a good destination that comes with an extension? I assume the offer from LA would have been fair.

Not sure how fluent you are in french but when we refer to a source as "béton" it means it's as solid as concrete so let's not debate if it means iron-clad or something else ... the point is that the report is based 3 solid sources not some "assumptions" that media or fans constantly make.

Re-read the article ... Pacioretty constantly says he is attached to Montreal and wants to stay but he does not say he wants to stay with the Habs .... Walsh says they are ready to sign an extension today and that's a good negotiating tactic. You assume the Kings offer was fair ... don't you think the offer was turned down because it was not deemed fair by Pacioretty? :)

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I don't know exactly what LA's needs are, but I'd think adding 2x 30-goal scorers during the offseason in Kovalchuk and Pacioretty would make them serious contenders in the West

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Wouldn't Rob Blake be a little upset about Walsh spouting off too?

I mean, its sort of the Kings day-to-day business as well.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Robitaille from the Kings said yesterday, they were not even close.........who to believe eh...

Not close on what, an extension? The trade was pending Pacioretty accepting a contract extension with his new team. If they weren't close to a contract extension, he's right, they weren't close.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not sure how fluent you are in french but when we refer to a source as "béton" it means it's as solid as concrete so let's not debate if it means iron-clad or something else ... the point is that the report is based 3 solid sources not some "assumptions" that media or fans constantly make.

Never meant to split hairs about wording. "Concrete" and "iron-clad" are synonymous. My bad if I was unclear, I'm with you about the meaning in your post and in the article.

My point was, while the article author claims his sources are legit, they aren't named. Where as the claims that Patches wants to stay are from the man himself and his agent. I'll take 2 reports from the horse's mouth over 3 mystery ones.

Re-read the article ... Pacioretty constantly says he is attached to Montreal and wants to stay but he does not say he wants to stay with the Habs .... Walsh says they are ready to sign an extension today and that's a good negotiating tactic. You assume the Kings offer was fair ... don't you think the offer was turned down because it was not deemed fair by Pacioretty? :)

But he is saying he wants to stay with the Habs. He said he's ready to sign a contract offer today, but no firm offer has been made. The only offer we know he got was from LA, and he turned it down. I don't think he turned down LA because the contract terms were unfair, I think he did it because he would prefer to play for Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad