Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Can you give me a scouting report on Angle? How does he look in Cleveland?
Its tough to really watch these guys on AHLtv because they really don't give you any replays, and frankly, the Monsters highlight videos aren't very good, so not going to the games I can't really focus on guys and watch what they do off the puck. With what I have seen so far, he looks good offensively. He gets himself into position to score as there have been a few times he had chances and just misfires. His passing game seems fine also, he has set up guys well, one play sticks out a game or two ago, where he set up Foudy nicely on a 2 on 1 and Foudy couldn't finish.

Defense wise, nothing has stood out to me that he can't hold his own. I haven't noticed him making any major mistakes.

Since he signed his new deal, there hasn't been any drop in his play. He had a goal and assist today. He mostly plays with Foudy, and they play real well together. I like him so far, but it is real early to tell how good he will be. Plus, the fact they play the same teams over and over kind of hampers what he really is. Is he really this good, or is he this good because he sees the same teams and it is just a product of being familiar with these teams. Of his 11 games, he has played Rochester 4 times, Texas 3 times, Grand Rapids and Chicago twice each. So he has only faced 4 different teams. If next season is more to the norm, we can probably get a better handle on him and how he adjusts to seeing different teams more often.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thoughts on Foudy and his ability to transfer his offensive game from AHL to NHL? @Monstershockey

thanks for the reports btw. Always nice to read about

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsers win 6-3. Angle a goal and assist, Foudy with 2 assists. He had a shorthanded breakaway he couldn't finish on. Kivleniks had 28 saves on 31 shots. Gave up a goal on the first shot he faced, but played real well after and made some nice saves. Monsters have won 6 in a row. Too bad this season has no playoffs, this team has looked pretty good since they got off to a shaky start.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Carson Meyer with his 6th goal. He has a 9 game point streak. The goal was a PP goal. 1-0 Monsters. Tarasov in net.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tarasov seems to have an issue giving up goals in the first 5 shots on goal. He's given up 2 on the first 5 this game. One on a rebound he gave up, the other off a deflection on the next shot. 2-1 Griffins.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Foudy finishes on a shorthanded breakaway. Monsters have 6 shorties this year. Monsters have 2 goals on 3 shots. Making the most of their chances.

Reactions: koteka and Monk

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Dillon Simpson wit a PPG, Tyler Angle with the first assist. Monsters up 3-2. 2 for 3 on the PP.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tarasov having an off night. Giving up 4 goals on 22 shots. Down 4-3 with about 8 and a half to go.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tarasov having an off night. Giving up 4 goals on 22 shots. Down 4-3 with about 8 and a half to go.
Tarasov is enough unstable. One game he can play like, FIGURATIVELY speaking,Vasilevsky in the best condition, in the other like, FIGURATIVELY speaking again,the worst goalie ECHL.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tarasov is enough unstable. One game he can play like, FIGURATIVELY speaking,Vasilevsky in the best condition, in the other like, FIGURATIVELY speaking again,the worst goalie ECHL.
I think all goalies are capable of that. It just depends on how well the goalie can limit their off nights. I haven't really seen much of him, so the sample size for me is very small. I am of the thought that this is not the norm for him, and that he will be fine. I am just glad he is over here playing so that he is closer in case the call comes to Columbus, which I think will be more into next year than now. He looked good last night, just a couple mistakes, and Grand Rapids made some nice plays. It happens.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Anyone have any impression of Ole Bjorvik Holm so far? Saw he was playing first line last night according to the AHL website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad