Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tyler Angle got his 7th goal with an assist by Simpson and Foudy, his 10th assist. 1-1 halfway through the 1st.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters win in OT. Angle from Foudy and Simpson. Foudy missed some chances to score in this game, so he still needs to figure out how to finish. His passing seems fine.

Tarasov gives up 4 on 36 shots. Faced just one shot in OT.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Monsters win in OT. Angle from Foudy and Simpson. Foudy missed some chances to score in this game, so he still needs to figure out how to finish. His passing seems fine.

Tarasov gives up 4 on 36 shots. Faced just one shot in OT.
How Tarasov plays, please? Stats doesn`t have to show his real play.

Reactions: Doggy

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
How Tarasov plays, please? Stats doesn`t have to show his real play.
I mostly listened to yesterdays game so really didn't see how he did. He has made some nice saves and has made some mistakes. He isn't lights out good, but there is potential there. The Monsters seem to go into a funk at some point during a game lately and it usually costs them. The goalies will play well, and then there is a lull, and they give up a couple quick, and then they are ok again. I think its a combination of lackluster D and the goalies losing focus for a bit. I think Tarasov on the whole has played well though.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Angle with his 9th from Foudy. Those two are really playing well together. Fun to watch. Monsters up 3-1, about 5 min. left in the 2nd.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There are ten AHL rookies scoring above a point-per-game, and Foudy and Angle are two of them.

Combine that with our Russian prospects putting themselves on the map, I don't buy the idea that this is a bottom-end prospect pool. It's just your typical story of Jarmo's penchant for hidden gems not getting respect until much later. It was supposed to be a crap pool before last year too and yet it still produced a rookie class of Elvis, Tex, Gavrikov, etc...

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Angle and Foudy combine again for an empty net goal. Monsters win 4-2. Kivlenieks 28 saves on 30 shots. They sweep Chicago 4-0 this season.

The Angle line had Foudy and Dillon Simpson on the wings and played pretty good all weekend.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
There are ten AHL rookies scoring above a point-per-game, and Foudy and Angle are two of them.

Combine that with our Russian prospects putting themselves on the map, I don't buy the idea that this is a bottom-end prospect pool. It's just your typical story of Jarmo's penchant for hidden gems not getting respect until much later. It was supposed to be a crap pool before last year too and yet it still produced a rookie class of Elvis, Tex, Gavrikov, etc...

I don’t know man. I don’t know much in Angle so I won’t comment much, I’m glad he’s playing well, but it’s very possible he’s like TFW/Tynan where he’s a good AHL scorer but not much NHL upside.

As for Foudy he’s going to be a good 3rd liner. I still don’t believe in his offensive upside. On a good year I think he max 30 point guy. Maybe 10 goals and 20 ish assists, but a strong player who will make an impact other than offensively. PK, energy, etc.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Angle and Foudy combine again for an empty net goal. Monsters win 4-2. Kivlenieks 28 saves on 30 shots. They sweep Chicago 4-0 this season.

The Angle line had Foudy and Dillon Simpson on the wings and played pretty good all weekend.

Dillon Simpson is a winger?

Thx for the updates.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t know man. I don’t know much in Angle so I won’t comment much, I’m glad he’s playing well, but it’s very possible he’s like TFW/Tynan where he’s a good AHL scorer but not much NHL upside.

As for Foudy he’s going to be a good 3rd liner. I still don’t believe in his offensive upside. On a good year I think he max 30 point guy. Maybe 10 goals and 20 ish assists, but a strong player who will make an impact other than offensively. PK, energy, etc.

Angle's scoring pace this year at age 20 isn't something Tynan was close to until many years into his pro career. I also wouldn't write-off TFW like that. I'm not watching Cleveland games so I don't know these guys either but I think it's very premature to say that either of them are Tynan type AHL- only guys.

I wasn't expecting Foudy to be much more than a 30 pt guy, but you must be at least a little surprised at how many assists he is racking up down there. Maybe 15-30-45 will be closer to the mark.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Angle's scoring pace this year at age 20 isn't something Tynan was close to until many years into his pro career. I also wouldn't write-off TFW like that. I'm not watching Cleveland games so I don't know these guys either but I think it's very premature to say that either of them are Tynan type AHL- only guys.

I wasn't expecting Foudy to be much more than a 30 pt guy, but you must be at least a little surprised at how many assists he is racking up down there. Maybe 15-30-45 will be closer to the mark.

Just don't see it with TFW. Angle I haven't seen enough to determine. Hope i'm wrong.

Im glad Foudy is playing well and racking in points but I still haven't changed my projections for him. If he starts racking in points at the NHL level or a more sustained period of time at AHL level maybe I'll revisit it

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It just occurred to me that Angle was one of Jean-Luc Foudy's linemates for some parts of last year in Windsor. Now he's got the other Foudy.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The thing about Angle and Foudy is, while both have looked real good, they haven't even played 20 games. With only 8 to go, Angle will get a little over 20 and Foudy may get exactly 20. Whether they can do this over a full season, playing against more teams, remains to be seen.

LokiCalder

Apr 20, 2021
Just don't see it with TFW. Angle I haven't seen enough to determine. Hope i'm wrong.

Im glad Foudy is playing well and racking in points but I still haven't changed my projections for him. If he starts racking in points at the NHL level or a more sustained period of time at AHL level maybe I'll revisit it

He's been over a PPG since he came back from his injury in the AHL

Reactions: majormajor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad