Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Foudy with a goal for Cleveland. Angle with an assist to keep his point streak going. Monsters in the process of blowing a 3-0 lead. Its 3-2 at the end of 2.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Speaking of 'dislike' buttons, the Monsters blew that 3-0 lead, and lost 4-3. WTF is wrong with this organization that this seems to happen so consistently?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Speaking of 'dislike' buttons, the Monsters blew that 3-0 lead, and lost 4-3. WTF is wrong with this organization that this seems to happen so consistently?
I know this is a tangent but this was a bad weekend for me hockey-wise. Monsters and CBJ lose and also my college team Quinnipiac blew 2-0 and 3-1 leads in the Frozen Four, gave up the tying with 1:02 to play and then lost in OT.

If not for my grand-nephew's HS team winning their CT High School State Championship on Friday the whole weekend is heading towards being a bust. That said: my nephew's championship which I was able to stream online far outweighs all the other losses endured :)

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Thiessen is horrible. Thats why they lost. Postive meyers and angle both continue there positive play. Also Ole Bjorgvik-Holm got his first point and foudy scored his first goal.

Monsters actually have a decent team this year with all our prospects playing

Reactions: majormajor

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thiessen is horrible. Thats why they lost. Postive meyers and angle both continue there positive play. Also Ole Bjorgvik-Holm got his first point and foudy scored his first goal.

Monsters actually have a decent team this year with all our prospects playing
Theissen, while not good, was not why they lost. Not being able to put the puck in the net, with plenty of chances to do so, had a lot to do with it. Going 0-5 on the PP, including 0-3 in the 3rd period, while giving up a shorthanded goal, also didn't help. The PP seems to have dropped because TFW is gone. Almost all of his offense was on the PP, and we were the top PP for a while there. It is currently sinking like a rock in water, going 0 for their last 12.

Theissen is only playing because they have no one else. If we had our normal goalies, he would be coaching. Hopefully Tarasov solves that issue, but until then, it is probably going to be Theissen. Their current backup, Hayden Stewart, played in the SPHL and went 4-6-2 with a GAA over 3, so probably won't sniff the ice unless Theissen gets hurt during a game.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters up 3-0 again. Nothing by Angle, but Peeke has an assist. Hope they don't blow this one.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Monsters win 5-2, despite Texas' foolproof game-plan. :sarcasm:

Come on, Monsters. Maybe you could at least be a bit of a bright spot on this disappointing season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Bayreuther with 4 assists.

Any scouting report on him?

Is he worth a look at the NHL level?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Monsters win 5-2, despite Texas' foolproof game-plan. :sarcasm:

Come on, Monsters. Maybe you could at least be a bit of a bright spot on this disappointing season.
Yeah but TFW's torn ACL has already dampened their season for me.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters up 2-0 early. Now trying to kill a 5 on 3 situation. Bayreuther has a goal, Meyer with an assist. Jake Christiansen has the other goal. No Tarasov, Theissen in goal. I am thinking Tarasov will have to quarantine before playing.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bayreuther's goal was a nice bit of passing. I do have to say, it seems the Monster's passing has improved quite a bit this year.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters just scored a goal and they just decided to not count it. I know its minor leagues, but this is the most blatant no goal I have ever seen. The puck was literally deflected into the net, went all the way to the back of the net, and they just said no goal and moved on.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Monsters up 2-0 early. Now trying to kill a 5 on 3 situation. Bayreuther has a goal, Meyer with an assist. Jake Christiansen has the other goal. No Tarasov, Theissen in goal. I am thinking Tarasov will have to quarantine before playing.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tarasov gives up his first goal. PP goal against. Probably a save he should have had. Pretty much point blank though.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters give up another late. Tarasov mot much of a chance on the second. Went off our defenseman and under his pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad