Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Total lack of discipline. Two straight delay of game penalties with less than 4 minutes left.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
My first Monsters game. I used to go to Jacks and Barons games when I lived in Cleveland. I love the scoreboard. It embarrasses the one at Nationwide.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
VV's struggle continues. 3 goals on 10 shots and gets the hook in the 1st period. There's something in his head, he looks lost.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Matteau with the game winner in OT. Kiv played well in relief.We are a bit better now that some guys came back. Would be nice to go on a little run to get in the mix.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
VV's struggle continues. 3 goals on 10 shots and gets the hook in the 1st period. There's something in his head, he looks lost.
Looking at his numbers he seems to have bottomed out since Kivlenieks got called up to Columbus. He hasn't had a strong game since the beginning of January and his sv% has now dropped to .905 on the season.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He gave up 2 goals in the 1st last night, but played well enough the last 2 periods. Got no help from the offence. He didn't face a lot of shots and the 2 he gave up, he probably could have had. I'm interested to see how he fights his way through a down time. Not sure if he is playing today. Its at 1 pm, so they might run out Thiessen. They are coming off a week off though.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Monsters won 3-2 today. Fix-Wolansky had his 6th of the season, and it was the game-winner. He has 6-9-15 on the season. He was sitting on one goal and 4 assists at the start of 2020. :amazed:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters won 3-2 today. Fix-Wolansky had his 6th of the season, and it was the game-winner. He has 6-9-15 on the season. He was sitting on one goal and 4 assists at the start of 2020. :amazed:
He is on a nice run. 8 points in his last 8 games.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Matt Sten TFW
Lili Thurk Dano
Bitt Vigne Wood
Moore Barach Fortier

Carl Clen
Simp Peek
Karl Somerby

Kiv
VV

Interesting to see Thurkauf at center
Dalpe, Scott and hanni still dead forever :(

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Almost 8 minutes in, still waiting for their first shot on goal.

Edit: Amazing, Kiv broke his stick on a clear and the puck ends up in the net. Second time I have seen this happen to him. He should try a new brand of stick.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Almost 8 minutes in, still waiting for their first shot on goal.

Edit: Amazing, Kiv broke his stick on a clear and the puck ends up in the net. Second time I have seen this happen to him. He should try a new brand of stick.
He faced 48 shots on the night. :eek:

He saved 44 of them, so at least there's that.

Reactions: Reynys

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He faced 48 shots on the night. :eek:

He saved 44 of them, so at least there's that.
Kiv is why they only had 4 goals. The guys up front were basically pylons Rochester just skated around. Cleveland didn't get their tenth shot until more than midway through the second period. Pretty much the whole team was awful. TFW got another goal, but the game was over by then. Everyone looked disinterested.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Scoring one goal in a losing effort doesn't usually end up with getting a star but TFW got the third star of the game. Was there something particularly special about his play or were they just throwing the home team a bone?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Scoring one goal in a losing effort doesn't usually end up with getting a star but TFW got the third star of the game. Was there something particularly special about his play or were they just throwing the home team a bone?
he works very hard. from start to finish usually.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I think it was just throwing him a bone. If you really wanted to give a monster a star, I would have given it to Thurkauf. His goal was scored when it was still a game. TFW has been playing strong since he came back, so it probably had something to do with that. In reality, I wouldn't have given anyone on Cleveland a star. It was an all around bad effort.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Big game tonight. The battle for last place. You can feel the electricity in the air. Playoff intensity.

Reactions: Monk

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters up 2-0. TFW with an assist. 2 out of 3 of our new goon line currently in the box for gooning. Plus we got a boarding penalty and cross check so we are on the wrong end of a 5 on 3.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Yep. Moore is a goon, but he can score and pass. He had like 240 pm and 40 points for Toledo. Outshot in the 2nd, VV with 22 saves so far. 2-0 Monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad