Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
After giving up a PPG, they decide to give up a shortie with less than 20 seconds left in 2nd. Down 3-2.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I haven't counted but you have to be pretty close. The last call up was Scott so you can pretty much guess which forwards are left. They called up Dean DeSalvo from the ECHL, and he was a top scorer there, and he was ok for us last year, but he went out and took a puck to the head on Friday so he is out. They said Dalpe might return this road trip, don't know about Ryan Collins. Everyone is playing, there are no healthy scratches. After Bittner was ejected early in Fridays game, and DeSalvo getting hurt, they played with 10 forwards. Plus now Thiessen is playing, so we are pretty depleted. Thay have a 3 in 3 this weekend, in 3 different cities no less, so Thiessen will get Saturdays game and VV will get the other 2. Going to Saturdays game in Hershey with the Booster club, which win or lose, is a great time.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
There have to be, what, like 7 Monsters left from the Opening Day lineup?

Dano, TFW, Scott, Woodie, Thurkauf, Bittner, Clen, Simpson, Somerby, VV

10 actually from last game were in the first game. but vv didn't only sit on the bench so I guess you could say 9

also Clendening, Dano, Scott, Sherwood, all saw call up at some point

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Man, those guys in Columbus need to get healthy so we can get a couple guys back. This team has to work so hard to score, and then they just give it right back. Hershey's arena is really nice though. It's a quality place to watch hockey. 2-1 Hershey after 2. Gallant got a chance to beat the crap out of someone though. They had to delay the game a bit to clean up the blood the Hershey guy leaked out.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
getting SO by berube :help:. Hope Dalpe and hanni are back soon if not for those in nhl

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
These guys can get shots on goal, they just aren't quality shots. The puck movement is awful. The cannot get anyone open for good shots by moving the puck around. With all the injuries and call ups, there just isn't enough here. They have to play a perfect game to win.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The run to last place in the division is complete. After sweeping the best team in the league, its 4 straight defeats and to the cellar it is. Its been tough with the call ups, but that is the nature of the minors. The important thing is that the guys that were called up helped the big team, so all is good.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
few old face back in the lineup, which Dalpe come back soon. Also idk where scott is.

Matt Mac TFW
Dano Barach Hanni
Bittner Vigne Thurkauf
Gallant Fortier Woodie

Carl Peeke
Johnson Simpson
Karl Somerby

VV

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Scott is injured. Left Wednesday's game and never came back. Don't know what the injury is, but he went into the boards hard.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
tfw reach 10 points as a 5 feet tall rookie. 1 goal 1 assit. big mac and sherwood score too 3-2, vv is doing alright as usual

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters win in shootout. Late penalty allowed Rochester to tie it. This team is very undisciplined. Nice to end the 4 game losing streak. Unless they get hotter than Columbus currently is, they will most likely miss the playoffs. They got hot last year late and squeaked in, they would have to repeat that this year.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
they are 6 point from playoff spot its really not that unreachable but theyd need healthy players for sure

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It would probably help if I looked at the standings once in a while. They just seem to have their moments and I think it is worse than it really is. You're right though, six points really isn't much to overcome with the amount of time left.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Mac get one in on the pp with the help of TFW and Peeke. TFW is close to 0.5ppg. for a midget rookie I would be happy if he keep that pace till the end of the season

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Mac get one in on the pp with the help of TFW and Peeke. TFW is close to 0.5ppg. for a midget rookie I would be happy if he keep that pace till the end of the season
This team is so strapped for scoring, I would love if he kept that pace also.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
if he could be on a line with dalpe before the season end I would like that.
If Dalpe would just come back, I would like that. He has been skating, at least the skate I saw, and we see him around the arena and he looks ok, no crutches or limping or anything. I don't know what is keeping him out.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I am totally baffled as to why Bittner would pass the puck to a Utica player in front of the net. 4-1 Utica. Its bad enough we can't score, but do we have to set the other team up also?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters game is on STO tonight. Maetzold in town with his camera guy, he must not get the break off. Kiv getting the start against Toronto. VV has been struggling a little. Gave up a couple goals last game he usually stops. Maybe the grind getting to him? I don't know what kind of workload he had before coming to Cleveland. It doesn't help we are 26th of 31 in goals for. The goaltending has been good enough to have a better record.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
TFW with a PPG. He has been solid since he came back from injury. They could really use Dalpe. They are playing pretty good so far tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad