Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
2-2 so far since the last big call-ups. The 2 games against Charlotte could have been wins or OT points had they just got a little more offence. They were in both games until midway through the 3rd in each game. VV has been real good the last 2. Good for him.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
hopefully someone is back for next game so they don't need to sign another echl player

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Lumberjacks vs. Admirals tonght. I thought I read somewhere that Milwaukee is also wearing throwback jerseys from their IHL days. Can't seem to find any info on that. Lumberjacks are also going to sign Jock Callander to help with the injuries.;)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Scott is back but they released Shaw, is dalpe or thurkauf ready to play ?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Not sure. They are skating at practice but haven't heard. I asked one of the medical guys why injuries are kept so secret. He told me he couldn't answer, it was above his pay grade. Saw Hannikiennen before the last home game. He was dressed like he was working out, but I don't think he is close. He didn't dress for the morning skate I went to last week.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Thurkauf is back

Matt Barach TFW
Wood Scoot DeSalvo
Thurkauf Vigne Bittner
Gallant Fortier Girduckis

Karl Clen
Johnson Simpson
Prap Somerby

VV

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nice Thurkauf is back. Sporting the full face mask. Love the throwvack element. The NHL 94 line up presentation was great.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nice fight action there. Bittner got the worst of it. Gallant is probably gonna get someone. It feels like that kind of game.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Hey Monsters attendees. I’m in NH. Lived in Cleveland during the awesome Jacks days. I just saw the promotion. How does someone get their hands on some of that merch? Obviously no way I can get to a game.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Perhaps a silly question but where do the Monsters go to get players to fill in for all players being called up to the Jackets?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Perhaps a silly question but where do the Monsters go to get players to fill in for all players being called up to the Jackets?
ECHL,

also ahl doesn't have a 23 man roster so they can actually carry 100 player. but really they usually send them down to an echl team so they can get play time.

Also the backup goalie is more of an assistant goalie coach

also they have few player signed directly with them like matteau or gallant that arent on nhl contract.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Pled pretty much nailed it. One other way, though it doesn't happen as much, is they will get guys on loan from other AHL teams. A few years back we had a defenseman that was on loan from San Jose, and last year, after Broadhurst was traded to Winnipeg, they just left him in Cleveland for the playoff push since Manitoba was out of it.
On a side note, Thiessen is probably getting the start today because the game is at 1pm. Veini has really played some good hockey so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad