Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Carson Meyer signs AHL contract with the Monsters.

Monsters Sign Carson Meyer to AHL Contract | Cleveland Monsters
still wanted to give him a shot for the nhl but I guess it's better than nothing. he deserved a real shot at camp. glad he is still in the organization

They also signed Sikura(average ahl forward) and Schemitsch (RD unsigned rfa from florida) I feel this is the most quality player ever signed to Cleveland on ahl deal only

Both aren't yet considered vet.

Vet count is Dalpe, Gerbe, Clendening, Simpson, Matteau + Stenlund as 260-320 + Gallant on the bench

AHL contracts
Thiessen Backup Backup Goalie/Goalie coach
Simpson AHL LD
Schemitsch AHL RD
Newpower NCAA RD
Gallant AHL goon
Helewka AHL F
Scott AHL F
Sikura AHL F
Meyer NCAA RW
Jordan NCAA RW
Struthers OHL C

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The AHL is saying February 5th for a start date.
Interesting. I like the idea I heard floating around that AHL team stay with their NHL teams and play day vs evening games or off days between the NHL guys but I dont know how serious that is as an option

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Interesting. I like the idea I heard floating around that AHL team stay with their NHL teams and play day vs evening games or off days between the NHL guys but I dont know how serious that is as an option
I haven't heard that. There is nothing from the Monsters about how things will be. That's still 4 months off so it depends how things are then. Nothing would be happening in Cleveland anytime soon as the county is about to go purple with the virus.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The Monsters are launching a tv show tonight on Sportstime Ohio at 6:30 pm. Supposed to have news and player/coach interviews and other things related to the team. I am sure it will get monster ratings and compete with the browns show for viewers. Sarcasm aside, it is nice to see them recognized with a show, and give hockey fans an avenue to get some info on the team.

Reactions: koteka

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Monsters next game is Friday. Do they have their roster set now?

Is there any chance that Foudy or Bemstrom get some games down there? I've been hoping...

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Cody Karpinski from the Federal Prospects League is the backup. Don't know what is wrong with Vehvilainen.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I looked at the Monsters roster and all I felt like I was in the movie Major League. "Who are these guys?"

In all seriousness hard to get excited about all the veterans and likely non-prospects filling the roster. Other than TFW, Christiansen and Angle (maybe Meyer or Mancada if they can flash).

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thiessen in goal again. Have no idea why Vehni isn't playing. He is the backup. Jumped out to a 3-0 lead but is now 3-2 at end of 1st.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Thiessen in goal again. Have no idea why Vehni isn't playing. He is the backup. Jumped out to a 3-0 lead but is now 3-2 at end of 1st.
TFW has impressed me so far, he made a very nice pass for Dalpe's second goal. Carson Meyer also netted the 3rd goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad