Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
...I am not convinced they are sold on korpi.
In the short term I think the team is sold on Korpi and believe he is right now a legit NHL starter. Long term however its "let the best goalie play" and its quite possible the CBJ have two or three legit starting NHL goalies in the system between Korpi, Elvis, V2 and Tarasov.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I wouldn't leave Kiv out of the equation. If he keeps playing like he has his first seven games, CBJ could possibly have 5 NHL quality goalies. I am rooting for all the goalies to play well because if it comes down to having to trade a couple, with the premium on goaltending, they can really maximize the return in talent. If all these guys develop according to plan, there won't be enough space because they are too close in age, and they won't settle for being a backup. The only problem choosing who you want is that you may trade the guy that goes on to win a couple of Vezinas.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I wouldn't leave Kiv out of the equation. If he keeps playing like he has his first seven games, CBJ could possibly have 5 NHL quality goalies. I am rooting for all the goalies to play well because if it comes down to having to trade a couple, with the premium on goaltending, they can really maximize the return in talent. If all these guys develop according to plan, there won't be enough space because they are too close in age, and they won't settle for being a backup. The only problem choosing who you want is that you may trade the guy that goes on to win a couple of Vezinas.
It's going to take a lot more than 4 weeks of an AHL season to make up for his play for over 2 seasons. He MIGHT be an NHL capable backup eventually but only after a significant period of AHL success.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's going to take a lot more than 4 weeks of an AHL season to make up for his play for over 2 seasons. He MIGHT be an NHL capable backup eventually but only after a significant period of AHL success.
Its unfortunate for Kiv as they signed him from the USHL. He was supposed to back up Thiessen and get eased into his role. Thiessen ended up hurt after 4 games and they started Kiv right away. It was a big jump to the AHL and he wasn't ready, and it showed. He would show some flashes that year, but the team around him wasn't very good, and he started to develop some bad habits which lead to his bad year last year. He must have did a lot of work this off season because there is a major difference so far. If CBJ didn't sign him he would be in his junior year of college this year. They signed him because his numbers in the USHL were really good. They took a chance, and he is actually showing signs of developing nicely. It all comes down to him being consistantly good. His shot probably won't be here, but maybe he can draw a trade and we could get something decent for him.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Matteau Stenlund Gerbe
Rob Dalpe Hanni
Lilja Vigneault Scott
Thurkauf MacInnis Bittner

Carlsson Karlsson
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Collins

Elvis

Dano on the bench again what a disappointment Matteau completely stole his roster spot

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Matteau Stenlund Gerbe
Rob Dalpe Hanni
Lilja Vigneault Scott
Thurkauf MacInnis Bittner

Carlsson Karlsson
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Collins

Elvis

Dano on the bench again what a disappointment Matteau completely stole his roster spot
Matteau has played pretty good. Elvis just stoned a 3 on 1. This guy looks real good.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
One thing I have noticed with Elvis, he likes to hit people that get in his crease. Punching and slashing them. Oh yeah, Bittner just tied it. Peeke with another assist. He has been good also.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
2-1 loss. Elvis was really good. 28 saves. Second goal was just one of those goals that just bounced in. He mad esome nice saves. Very solid.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
eh I think hes gonna need more game than this to work his way to the nhl. he wasn't bad I guess the team didn't help him but he wasn't really like an nhl starter sent to the ahl to warm up.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
eh I think hes gonna need more game than this to work his way to the nhl. he wasn't bad I guess the team didn't help him but he wasn't really like an nhl starter sent to the ahl to warm up.

What is "an NHL starter sent to the ahl to warmup" supposed to look like? Do you assume he's going to shutout the other team? Korpisalo played in 8 games in Cleveland 2 years ago with a 2.25 GAA and .924 sv%. Those numbers seem on par with that so far.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
What is "an NHL starter sent to the ahl to warmup" supposed to look like? Do you assume he's going to shutout the other team? Korpisalo played in 8 games in Cleveland 2 years ago with a 2.25 GAA and .924 sv%. Those numbers seem on par with that so far.
going 2 shutout like you said earlier . I honestly would expect korpi to have better number if he was playing in the ahl right now. I'm not saying he was bad. but he didn't look like the starter people were saying he was before the season. it wasn't as negative as it sound

pled

Sep 7, 2009
this game wasnt pretty 4-0 loss. VV was in the net and Dano was in for Stenlund

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I can't see Korpi getting 60 starts. Maybe go 51/31.
Ya, I don't think that Korpisalo can't handle 60+ starts but I believe that there will be 3rd G this season at least in one game without any of two getting an injury because you know for the Monsters kids future or something. It depends of course, maybe Jackets starts to play miraculously good but who knows.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
this game wasnt pretty 4-0 loss. VV was in the net and Dano was in for Stenlund
Yep. They were flat tonight. VV only gave up 2 and had they put a puck in the net it could have been more exciting at the end. Between CBJ and the Monsters I don't see any reason to pull the goalie. They are better off 5 on 5 then getting the extra attacker.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
No Peeke tonght. He got hurt last game. Skated off on his own but not playing tonight. Too bad, he was playing well, hope its not serious. Still no TFW. VV in net. Down 1-0 early.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
How/when did TFW get hurt
probably during practice. theres no media or press release so we might never know actually sadly

Matteau Dano Gerbe
Hanni Dalpe Sten
Vigneult Scott Lilja
Thurkauf Mac Bittner

Carl Prap
Simpson Bickley(echl tryout)
Somerby Karl

VV

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I wish they would at least just say they are hurt. They don't have to say why, just say out due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad