Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I hope vv start to shutout everything. Elvis will have to step his damn game up.

Hanni seem injured.

Also Dalpe got a rest day. idk if they are gonna do a rotation of the vet. last game it was Matteau. only 5 of Clen, Dano, Gerbe, Gallant and those 3 can dress but I kinda feel they are too good to sit all the time. Obviously Gallant will sit mos of the games but theres still 6 pretty good player fighting for the 5 vet spot

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I hope vv start to shutout everything. Elvis will have to step his damn game up.

Hanni seem injured.

Also Dalpe got a rest day. idk if they are gonna do a rotation of the vet. last game it was Matteau. only 5 of Clen, Dano, Gerbe, Gallant and those 3 can dress but I kinda feel they are too good to sit all the time. Obviously Gallant will sit mos of the games but theres still 6 pretty good player fighting for the 5 vet spot
Hanni took a puck to the head Thursday night. Needed help off the ice. My guess is a concussion. He wasn't bleeding as far as I could see, which is good, but he was dazed and not steady on his feet.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
is Dalpe hurt too ? I guess just a rest day but still not here tonight.

Matt Sten Gerbe
Lilja Mac Danno
Vigneault Scott Hanni
Thurkauf Barach Bittner

Carl Clen
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Karl

Elvis

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I think Dalpe is hurt. Coach Eaves was asked about his situation but injuries are a big secret in the AHL. Glad to see Hanni is back. Old friend Kerby Rychel is playing for Charlotte.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I really don't know why stuff like injuries and advanced stats are a secret in the ahl. it's not like gms will be fool by that. to me it seem like only the fans are affected by it and negatively.

Anyway Peeke is amazing so there's that to be happy about

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
They just had the most pathetic 4 minute PP you would ever see, and then pull a goal out of their butts with 1 second left on the PP. 2 pp goals against the top pk in the league. 2-2 early 2nd.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Fortier in the lineup for barach. Hanni, Matteau, Lilja swap lines.

VV going for a shutout I hope

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters currently dropping a 6 spot on Bellville. With their normal lack of scoring this could be it for the weekend. Another solid game fromVV so far. 6-1 with 7 minutes to go.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Coming i to tonights game, VV was #1 in the AHL with a 2.04 GAA. He ended up giving up 2 tonight, so his average should stay the same.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Looks like Carlsson was the 3rd star. Seems like he's finally putting it together. Cleveland seems to be doing a much better job developing players than Madden did. I was a huge Devils fan during his playing days but he doesn't seem like a very good coach. I'm surprised the CBJ kept him with Cleveland so long.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I really haven't figured out what is totally expected of the head coach in the AHL. Is it mostly developing players over winning? Is it evened out? Are they expected to develop and win at the same time? Like I do with Torts, I always gave Madden the benefit of the doubt. He had a wierd personality, and a lot of fans here disliked him. He came in after the championship and missed the playoffs by one point. They had a pretty decent year, but he had some leftover talent. The 2nd year sucked and they were the worst team in the league, but they really had no talent. The goalie situation was awful. The third year wasn't really looking good, but they got hot late and made the playoffs and advanced a round. Some new guys seemed to develop a little. Overall he had a decent record, but I think Columbus wasn't happy with him in general and thats why they parted ways. He seemed like a reluctant coach, almost like he didn't want the job.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
this is almost as embarrassing as columbus game.

at least TFW is playing

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Looks like Kivlenieks has reverted back to his old self after a solid start. That is too bad. Its going to be an up and down year for this team.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
V2 in goal tonight. Stopped all 6 shots so far. Gerbe and Stenlund with goals. Stenlund has 15 points already, 10 less than all last year. Would like to see his -7 improve. He was a -17 last year. I know plus minus isn't a great guage, but I would like to see his defensive game get a little better. His 10 assists equal last years total, and he has an assist tonight.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
V2 in goal tonight. Stopped all 6 shots so far. Gerbe and Stenlund with goals. Stenlund has 15 points already, 10 less than all last year. Would like to see his -7 improve. He was a -17 last year. I know plus minus isn't a great guage, but I would like to see his defensive game get a little better. His 10 assists equal last years total, and he has an assist tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad