Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Game started out good. After Sherwood's dumb penalty it was all downhill. Went from 2-0 lead for Monsters to 2-2 in the last couple minutes of the period.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The pp showed up finally, and they got a shortie, but every other aspect, mainly defense, was crap. Kiv had a rough game, but held up in OT, and did fine in the shootout, but they had chances to close it out in the shootout and couldn't get it done. It's going to be up and down all year.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Fortier, Korostelev, and Prapavesis sent to Jacksonville. Probably to get playing time as they haven't seen any here.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Matteau Stenlund Gerbe
Rob Dalpe Hanni
Vigneault Scott Sherwood
Thurkauf MacInnis Bittner

Carlsson Clen
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Karlsson

Kiv

Dano still out of the lineup

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Gotta love Gerbe. That dude is fearless. Always takes the biggest guy. Well, everyone is taller, but Gerbe plays big.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How good has Thurkauf been? I see he now has 6 pts in 7 games, far above his previous pace.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thurkauf played well. A goal and 2 assists. Don't know about TFW, he didn't skate at warm ups so he could be injured. He has played well when he was in, so I doubt he is just being sat. Kiv is a different goalie year.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
And is TFW injured or just scratched?
there's no official injury list in the ahl so we don't really know. I thought he played well so I guess he's injured
How good has Thurkauf been? I see he now has 6 pts in 7 games, far above his previous pace.
he had injury issue past season. he also had 3 of those tonight. I wouldn't say that he is 100% back on track to was he was 2 years ago but he's grinding back up.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Clendening is the vet scractch today btw would be nice for vv to have a shutout

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How has Peeke looked so far in the AHL?

Would you describe him as a good 2-way Dman? Is he at all physical? blocks shots?

Idk how he looks in the AHL, but he played great in the preseason and camp. He's a good two way defensemen, but his calling card is defense. His offensive game was more impressive than his college numbers indicate, but he's never going to be a point producing Dman. As far as physical, he gets the job done, but he's not overly bruising.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Somerby just got in a nice fight. He got the hetter of the other guy. 1-0 Monsters. Simpson with the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad