Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters tied at 1. Gerbe with the goal. I do wish the prospects would step up and help score.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters tie up game after pulling the goalie, but lose on a bad bounce off the glass on a dump in 20 seconds later. VV played good. Lack of offence kills them. I am thinking since someone thinks Torts should develop players, maybe we should send some guys to Columbus for further development.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Peeke back after 1 game injury precaution. Up 1-0. Dalpe scoring Monsters 6th shorthanded goal of season.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
.. I do wish the prospects would step up and help score.
The truth is the CBJ don't have many legit prospects and the ones they do have are overseas or in the OHL. With Robby promoted and Kole on the mend (and both likely 4th liners) the only guys in Cleveland to be excited or intrigued by are TFW, Peeke and V2. TFW is hurt, Peeke is playing well and V2 has been solid in net.

That's it...the Monsters are not much of a legit prospects team and haven't been since the Calder Cup year with Z, Andy, Korpi and Bjorky. I hope they do well but seeing guys like Dalpe, Gerbe, Dano or Hannikainen light the lamp doesn't get the juices flowing of a CBJ fan.

They remind me of the old Jacks teams in the IHL.

Reactions: EspenK

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The truth is the CBJ don't have many legit prospects and the ones they do have are overseas or in the OHL. With Robby promoted and Kole on the mend (and both likely 4th liners) the only guys in Cleveland to be excited or intrigued by are TFW, Peeke and V2. TFW is hurt, Peeke is playing well and V2 has been solid in net.

That's it...the Monsters are not much of a legit prospects team and haven't been since the Calder Cup year with Z, Andy, Korpi and Bjorky. I hope they do well but seeing guys like Dalpe, Gerbe, Dano or Hannikainen light the lamp doesn't get the juices flowing of a CBJ fan.

They remind me of the old Jacks teams in the IHL.

Stenlund is a prospect, he's just not "stepping up and helping score".

I'm curious if Thurkauf is looking good. He's had a nice bounce back in production.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Stenlund is a prospect, he's just not "stepping up and helping score".

I'm curious if Thurkauf is looking good. He's had a nice bounce back in production.
I realize I took this thread off topic but in all seriousness, the question becomes: when does a prospect become a JAG?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I realize I took this thread off topic but in all seriousness, the question becomes: when does a prospect become a JAG?

If there is a short answer here, it's when they pass through waivers.

Many of us would have let Milano go at different points in the last few years. He makes the roster this year just when he loses his waiver exemption (some would say because of losing it), and at this moment he's a productive forward in the NHL.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thurkauf is doing ok. Nothing spectacular, but he isn't stinking it up either. I would say he is down on the list of call ups. Stenlund, to me, has been a puzzle. He'll have a couple good games, then he will disappear for a while. He kind of reminds me of Milano, he is a decent size guy, but gets shoved around and knocked off the puck fairly easy. He has a real nice wrist shot, but has a hard time getting himself good shots. He could develop into a nice player, but he still needs to work some things out. If you could combine him and McInnis into one guy, you would have a nice player.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Hanni Stenlund Gerbe
Lilja Dalpe Dano
Vigneault Scott Barach
Thurkauf Mac Bittner

Carl Clen
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Karl

Kiv

Matteau sitting

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Hannikienen took a shot to the head and is out. Skated off with help. Don't think he knew where he was.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Still no TFW in warm ups. He was sighted on the scoreboard yesterday playing bubble hockey so maybe real hockey is the next step.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Stenlund really has a very nice wrister. Would really like to see him develop the rest of his game.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here

My son got to participate in the mite shootout during the first intermission. Went 0-2, body checked a member of the ice crew that got into his way, and got to meet Oscar Dansk who was headed to the Wolves bench, but paused for a second so my son could meet "a real pro goalie" (my sons words)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Stenlund and Gerbe have goals. 2-0 in the 2nd.
I think they gave that second goal to Gerbe. It was right in front of me and I totally missed the deflection. I thought Stenlund buried it. I love when offence plays with a solid net front presence. Bittner's screen on the first goal was outstanding. Sparks had no clue where the puck was. I wish Columbus would focus on setting good screens and getting people in position for tips and rebounds.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
They may have given Stenlund the goal. They just interviewed Gerbe and said he had one goal tonight. It was announced as Gerbe's goal. I hope it is Stenlund's because it was a real nice shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad