Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Great the Monsters are playing well. But NONE of the young guys doing anything. Just the tweeners- gross.

Reactions: Doggy

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
They didn't score this game, but have been playing well overall. Plus Kiv and VV have also been playing well. It's early, but this coach seems to have these guys hustling. They have seemed to find their pp also. Nice to see Sherwood get a chance with the big club.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Why is TFW getting zero ice time or a chance to play games?
it's believed he is injured but no official announcement cause its ahl

the line tonight were
Matteau Stenlund Gerb
Rob Dalpe Dano
Vigneault Scott Lilja
Thurk Mac Bittner
Carl Clen
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Collins
VV

5-1 in third, 2 point for Bittner and Peeke. VV starting to get an hang of NA hockey.

Peeke scored SH too that was cool.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The goaltending and defence has been solid. This team looks good early on. TFW is not skating in warmups so he is most likely injured or he would be playing.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Idk how he looks in the AHL, but he played great in the preseason and camp. He's a good two way defensemen, but his calling card is defense. His offensive game was more impressive than his college numbers indicate, but he's never going to be a point producing Dman. As far as physical, he gets the job done, but he's not overly bruising.

He's one of the Monsters leading point getters and their highest scoring defensemen FWIW.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Is AHL TV worth it? I'm curious to try it out but since not every game is televised how is the quality? Are there any weird blackout rules where the Monsters get blacked out because I'm in Ohio like the NHL does?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Is AHL TV worth it? I'm curious to try it out but since not every game is televised how is the quality? Are there any weird blackout rules where the Monsters get blacked out because I'm in Ohio like the NHL does?
I don't think there are blackout rules. I get the away game only package but I don't think there are blackout rules. As far as quality goes, you get to see the game. Its a better than SD, but not quite HD. Last year we had a better picture. Also it is the scoreboard feed so you see all the other crap that goes on between whistles but no commercials. You get dead air where the commercials are. It is the radio feed and you choose which teams feed you want.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters win 5-3 in early afternoon game. 3 shorthanded goals from Robinson, Matteau, and Dalpe. Lilja with first point.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Elvis might not be happy about this but this is good for his development..he needs to play!

As for Clendenning, I assume this means Nuti is hurting from last night.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Kiv gets a look. He has been a different goalie this year, and I am not convinced they are sold on korpi.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tank strategy confirmed.
I don't see how this is a tank strategy. Kiv and VV have both been solid. This might be just to get Elvis a game on Friday since there is no back to back. I would like to see Kiv get a game, but if he doesn't no big deal.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't see how this is a tank strategy. Kiv and VV have both been solid. This might be just to get Elvis a game on Friday since there is no back to back. I would like to see Kiv get a game, but if he doesn't no big deal.
just training in the nhl might help. really not expecting him to get games.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
vv got a so but he wasnt great at all his other games. he need more time to ajust to na games
VV has adjusted fine. His worst game was against Syracuse where he gave up 6 goals. His other 4 games he has given up 4 total goals. Like I said, both goalies have been very good.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Cleveland pp 8/47 and 1sh against and columbus is 6/48 and 4sh against
Ottawa are 4/52 and Hartford are 4/50 if that comfort anyone

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Quick question for the Monsters fans, I've seen inconsistent size charts online for the CCM replica jerseys. Are they essentially the same as the Reebok or Adidas jerseys in their fit? I'm thinking about getting one but I want to make sure the sizes line up.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Who will be the starter for the next few games? VV has played decent and now Elvis is with the team.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Elvis will probably get Friday. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets both because of his lack of playing time. Prapavesis was called back to fill the defenceman spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad