Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
What are the opinions on Gerbe and Dalpe being the 1st 2 call-ups?
I honestly think they should play in the ahl. I'd try out Dano, Rob, MacInnis, Stenlund, Sherwood, TFW even Thurkauf first.

Dalpe could fill a 12th forward spot if there's injury and no young guy seem to fit the role but that's pretty much it. I don't see Gerbe playing for the jackets this year at all.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I honestly think they should play in the ahl. I'd try out Dano, Rob, MacInnis, Stenlund, Sherwood, TFW even Thurkauf first.

Dalpe could fill a 12th forward spot if there's injury and no young guy seem to fit the role but that's pretty much it. I don't see Gerbe playing for the jackets this year at all.
I agree. Gerbe and Dalpe are where they should be. I like Sherwood and Robinson to go up first. Of course it would depend on who got hurt. I need to see TFW more before I have an opinion on him, but so far he has a nice game. Dano because of experience. McInnis and Stenlund are the same to me. Stenlund would probably go first. I have never really heard what Columbus thinks of McInnis. He is a nice player, I just don't know how he would do in the nhl. Stenlund is a better scorer, but McInnis is good off the puck and decent defensively.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I agree. Gerbe and Dalpe are where they should be. I like Sherwood and Robinson to go up first. Of course it would depend on who got hurt. I need to see TFW more before I have an opinion on him, but so far he has a nice game. Dano because of experience. McInnis and Stenlund are the same to me. Stenlund would probably go first. I have never really heard what Columbus thinks of McInnis. He is a nice player, I just don't know how he would do in the nhl. Stenlund is a better scorer, but McInnis is good off the puck and decent defensively.

I agree except I'm not sure I see why Dano would get called up over Dalpe. Dalpe seems to me to be more capable across the board, but I think that's just my opinion.

My call-up orders would look like this -

For centers: Stenlund, MacInnis, Dalpe.

For wings: Sherwood, Hannikainen, Robinson, Gerbe.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I agree except I'm not sure I see why Dano would get called up over Dalpe. Dalpe seems to me to be more capable across the board, but I think that's just my opinion.

My call-up orders would look like this -

For centers: Stenlund, MacInnis, Dalpe.

For wings: Sherwood, Hannikainen, Robinson, Gerbe.

hanni has already been called up if you didn't notice.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
hanni has already been called up if you didn't notice.

Yep, I just wanted to state my call-up order for a fully healthy lineup. I would rather see Sherwood in the lineup in Columbus than Hannikainen, but if it's just for 13th F then it doesn't matter.

The way things are going I'm not sure if Bemstrom is going to stay up, so we might need another 4th liner soon. I'd like to see Sherwood.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Coverage of Monday's practice

Lines
Gerbe/Matteau/Stenlund
Robinson/Dalpe/Dano
Vigneault/Scott/Sherwood
Thurkauf/MacInnis/Bittner
Gallant/Barach/Fix-Wolansky
Korostelev/(MacInnis)/Fortier

No changes to d pairings

Don't read too much into Fix-Wolansky on the fifth line for now. It's only practice, and Monday at that.

puckthat

Jul 19, 2019
Coverage of Monday's practice

Lines
Gerbe/Matteau/Stenlund
Robinson/Dalpe/Dano
Vigneault/Scott/Sherwood
Thurkauf/MacInnis/Bittner
Gallant/Barach/Fix-Wolansky
Korostelev/(MacInnis)/Fortier

No changes to d pairings

Don't read too much into Fix-Wolansky on the fifth line for now. It's only practice, and Monday at that.

Interesting lines. I seem to recall Stenlund and Sherwood having chemistry last year, and the best line early last year was Robinson, Dalpe, and Bittner. Would personally like to see TFW with Stenlund and Sherwood, I think it would be an interesting mix of skills, size, speed.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Matteau Stenlund Gerbe
Rob Dalpe Dano
Vigneault Scott Sherwood
Thurkauf MacInnis Bittner

Carlsson Clen
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Collins

Kiv

sad that tfw isnt playing

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

pled

Sep 7, 2009
second of the night for matteau he's playing pretty well. wouldn't mind him staying in the lineup.

Gerbe got primary assist on the 3 goals.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters win in shootout. Kiv gave up 3 goals but he made a lot of big saves, especially in overtime and the shootout. He looks much improved so far.

Reactions: koteka

pled

Sep 7, 2009
the pp is now 2/23 and VV is having a pretty bad start :\

they lost 2-0

pled

Sep 7, 2009
gonna be hard to put Matteau on the bench after his performance but since Hanni is coming back not sure what they will do maybe let Gerbe rest for a game or maybe Columbus will recall someone else.

Dano is actually the guy out for Hanni.
Also Karlsson first game. replacing Somerby.
Thurkauf back in for Barach.
Kiv in the net.
Rest is the same.
TFW still out of the lineup :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden