Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Bittner is out for game 2 Barach in.

Also VV first game here.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
4-1 Monsters win. Vehviläinen stopped 30/31, including several from close range (according to the gamesheet).

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Only goal VV gave up was a shorthanded breakaway. Overall he looked real good. Monsters got a PP goal, but cancelled it out with the shortie. PP needs work.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
VV did look good at ahl level for sure.

Thurkauf seem to have bounced back from his injury so thats nice.

and yeah pp is horrible both offensively and defensively

Robi, Dalpe, Hanni and a second from dalpe.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The defence has looked fine. Dillon Simpson has improved a lot since this time last year. Collins, Somerby, Clendenning, and Peeke all looked fine. Carlsson is still slow, but he hasn't made any glaring errors. The worst goal the defence gave up was the shortie, but it was a mistake on offence that caused it, not lack of defence.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters home season gets underway tonight. It will be nice to get back to the arena. Hope they can keep up their nice start.

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Ya, it's gonna take a little bit to get used to but by all accounts despite the fact that the sections changed, it makes more sense.

The portal stuff should make it more likely you'll get to the best tunnel to get to your seat (so it isn't on the other side of the row).

I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out tonight.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Its a little different. It is probably easier with the portal numbers so hopefully that is good. I do like the display with the Calder Cup and the videos from the playoffs. I still can hear the crowd when Bjorkstrand scored that goal. By far the best sports experience I was a part of.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I thought they would give VV more games but maybe they are testing if kiv is completely a bust or not.
doesn't look good
1-0 Syracuse after 1

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I wished more from Veini. really hope he can manage to find his game by the end of the season

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
He had a rough night. Looked a little slow moving side to side, didn't look like he was seeing the puck well. Hopefully he puts this behind him and moves on.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nah, just observations. The nice thing is he'll go right back in, probably Saturday, and get a chance to iron stuff out. That was a good game to have because he played well his first game and then faced some adversity in his second. This is where I think Elvis won't benefit from jumping straight to the NHL. He might have to wait a while to get another shot if Korpi plays well. I don't know if they can just send him down to get some game action or if he just has to wait. Anyway, this is what I like about the AHL, watching these kids develop. Kiv looked good his first 2 games so maybe he has figured some things out and is developing. He might get 2 starts this weekend as they have a 3 in 3. Kiv will probably get Friday and Sunday, VV will get Saturday.

Reactions: thebus88

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
That was pretty good. I don't know what game she was watching Friday as there were 56 combined shots on goal, so there was plenty of offensive zone play. The Crunch goalie, Wedgewood, played very well and was good with the glove hand. Robinson couldn't buy a goal, but niether could anyone else. Dalpe did try to start a fight, but it was not needed at that time, as he got a roughing penalty and the other guy got nothing. They played well enough to win Friday, but ran into a hot goalie. The power play is a hot mess. The only time they really had chances was the 5 on 3, and she was right,they passed way to much. Almost like no one wants to shoot. I don't know if they really left VV out hanging, he had good views of shots and just missed them. He just had one of those nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad