Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
There were two groups in today's practice. One wore white jerseys, the other black. Way too early to discern any lines. Given that several Monsters are being called back up for Wednesday's preseason game, it will be at least Friday before all hands are on deck in Cleveland (meaning I can't get lines until at least Monday).

White - Collins, Prapavessis, Karlsson, Fortier, Scott, Gallant, Robinson, Barach, Sherwood
Black - Somerby, Carlsson, Simpson, Thurkauf, Korostelev, Gerbe, Stenlund, Bittner, Fix-Wolansky, Vigneault

Lots of work on conditioning and faceoffs today.

I'll get to work on my contract chart tonight or tomorrow. Depth chart likely not until next week. I now know how to use google sheets, so I can link to the charts instead of having to replicate work here.

Reactions: Monk

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Still working on the contract chart, but here's the AHL contracts

Bryan Moore
Sam Vigneault
Derek Barach
Stefan Matteau
Nikita Korostelev
Brad Thiessen
Brett Gallant
Anton Karlsson

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Bonus coverage

Moore still in red jersey
Kivlenieks back on ice

Power Play lines
Black - Gerbe, Hannikainen, Matteau, Stenlund, Clendening
White - Thurkauf, Dalpe, Bittner, Scott, Simpson

Practice Groups
Black - Somerby, Collins, Carlsson, Clendening, Gerbe, Hannikainen, Barach, Matteau, Stenlund, Sherwood, MacInnis, Robinson, Fortier
White - Karlsson, Prapavessis, Simpson, Gallant, Dalpe, Thurkauf, Vigneault, Bittner, Korostelev, Scott, Fix-Wolansky

Reactions: Monk and Viqsi

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Lines (not 100% sure of depth chart order)

Gerbe/Stenlund/Hannikainen
Dano/Dalpe/Fix-Wolansky
Sherwood/Scott/Robinson
Thurkauf/MacInnis/Bittner
Gallant/Barach/Matteau
Korostelev/Vigneault/Fortier
Moore (injured)

Clendening/Carlsson
Peeke/Simpson
Collins/Somerby
Prapavessis/Karlsson

Vehvilainen
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I wish stenlund could stay on the first and not hang at the bottom getting no chance like last year.

The team look good.

why do they play collins over karlsson or prap? did he look any better than last year?

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
1/2, 3/4, 5/6 forward lines and 1/2, 3/4 d pairings are guesses. They split into two groups and I only have a clear pecking order within the groups, Anton Karlsson and Prapavessis could be the 3rd d pairing.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I would like to see Stenlund on the top line also. He needs to be good more consistantly. He would have 1 or 2 nice games, then disappear for a bunch of games. He was consistantly inconsistant. He doesn't have to score every game, but he needs to show up moving the puck, creating chances, and generally playing better off the puck more often. He is his own worst enemy. When he is on though, he is fun to watch. He definately has skill.

Reactions: majormajor

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I would like to see Stenlund on the top line also. He needs to be good more consistantly. He would have 1 or 2 nice games, then disappear for a bunch of games. He was consistantly inconsistant. He doesn't have to score every game, but he needs to show up moving the puck, creating chances, and generally playing better off the puck more often. He is his own worst enemy. When he is on though, he is fun to watch. He definately has skill.
na I think last year he was his own second worst enemy. madden was his worst enemy by far. but if he fail this year I will concede.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
While I was not a huge Madden fan, I don't think he was that bad. 2 out of the 3 years he was here the team had decent years. I know his job is to develop players for CBJ more than anything else, he probably lacked at that, and that is why he is gone. Players at this level though have been coached so much over the years that they have to perform better, even with bad coaching. I think that is where Stenlund, and to a degree Milano, is at. Their ability is what is going to make them take the next step. If the coach puts them in a bad spot, they have to overcome that and play better. After seeing Madden before games, and at practice, you can see he wasn't a players coach. I saw Eaves at the arena opening and you can tell right away his demeanor is different. He seemed way more approachable than Madden. I would like to hear from Jackets Woodchuck if there is a noticable difference in how practices are now conpared to when Madden was here.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The pace is a lot faster and there seems to be more instruction and skill development going on. He also seems to be doing a great job preparing the players. He had all the forwards spending significant time working on faceoffs on the first day of camp. He is very clear in what he expects from players and spells out drills very explicitly. He;s not afraid to stop a drill if he sees something he needs to comment on. The atmosphere does seem a little more relaxed than last season despite the hectic pace.

Two things an Eaves team won't be is outconditioned and outprepared.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Good to hear. The one practice I saw last year Madden seemed disinterested. He made his speech at the end and skated off, the players seemed confused, as if he left mid sentence. I know it was a practice for the fans but when Bednar was here, he conducted the fan practice like a real one. It was crisp, fast paced, and intense. I remember Anderson and Yvenko almost dropped the gloves, thats how intense it was. Madden almost seemed burdened by having to coach.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
line for first game if anyone interested

Hanni Stenlund Gerbe
Dano Dalpe TFW
Robi Scott Sherwood
Thurkauf MacInnis Bittner

Carlsson Clen
Simpson Peeke
Somerby Collins

Kiv?
VV

Dalpe got the C from Gerbe and the second A is simpson. Gerbe was never really the captain kind of player I think.

Prap and fortier are the only cbj signing not playing

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
was macinnis on pp this year ?
No. 1st unit was Dalpe, Stenlund, Gerbe, Hannikienen, and Clendenning. 2nd unit was Fix-Wolansky, Bittner, Dano, Peeke, and Simpson. Both units barely outshot the Rockets penalty killers. As far as captains go, Dalpe is captain for road games, Gerbe for home games. Simpson has the A. Didn't pay attention enough if they changed up the pp lines later, but 0-5 was pretty much similar to last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad