Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
will probably not play higher than 3rd line but it adds deep. also he's a vet so he can't play at the same time as gallant

Vet count : 6+1 out of 5

Clendening
Dalpe
Gallant
Gerbe
Matteau
Simpson

possibly Dano

Cleveland has no player to fill the 260 to 320 game vet spot only one that would fit is maybe kukan but the other D would need a crazy camp to steal his spot

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Promotions schedule announced
Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
2019-20 Schedule

Blue Jackets-themed games

Traditional Blue Jackets Nights (CBJ-themed jerseys, some jumbotron content)

White Jerseys
10/12 vs. Syracuse
10/25 vs. Rockford
11/1 vs. Charlotte
11/8 vs. Laval
11.12 vs. Grand Rapids
11/21 vs. Chicago
12/13 vs/ Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Union Blue Jerseys
1/22 vs. Rochester
1/31 vs. Utica
2/5 vs. Rochester
2/9 vs. Binghamton
2/11 vs. Gramd Rapids

CBJ Night (full-blown affiliate night [completely CBJ-themed game presentation, Stinger in attendance, etc.], Bjorkstrand bobblehead giveaway)
3/6 vs. Laval

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Getting pretty excited for hockey to start. Love going to the games. Have no idea how the Monsters will do, but I think I like that. No expectations, so if they are good, it's a pleasant surprise, if they suck, oh well, I had no expectations anyway. I just hope the prospects develop. Got 3 CBJ games this year so that's good. I'm ready.

Reactions: Xoggz22

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I'll do a projected line-up for everyone that care.

G:
Vehbilainen
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

D:
Somerby Clendening
Simpson Peeke
Karlsson Carlsson
Prapavessis Collins

Lilja Dalpe Barach/TFW
Hanni Dano Gerbe
Robinson Stenlund Sherwood
MacInnis Scott Barach/TFW
Bittner Korostelev Matteau/Gallant
Thurkauf/Fortier/Vigneault/Moore

probably another D on ahl contract to add some dept

Last edited:

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
If anyone wants to go to the Bjorkstrand bobblehead night and maybe send me their bobblehead, I will pay you. I'm contemplating calling the ticket office and explaining I live 12 hours away now, but will buy a ticket if they just send me the bobblehead. Please please please

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
You could probably find one on ebay or something. I got a Mike Clevinger bobblehead off that Mercari website. There will always be somebody selling stuff like this.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
If anyone wants to go to the Bjorkstrand bobblehead night and maybe send me their bobblehead, I will pay you. I'm contemplating calling the ticket office and explaining I live 12 hours away now, but will buy a ticket if they just send me the bobblehead. Please please please

I wouldn't waste your time. They are trying to get their offices ready to move back from the temporary space to the new offices in the arena. The promos are to get butts in the seats and through the doors. Here is your chance of getting them to send you one:

tenor.gif

As was posted above, wait until after the event and try to buy one online.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010

G:
Vehbilainen/loser of the nhl fight
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

D:
Somerby Clendening
Karlsson Carlsson
Simpson Peeke/Prapavessis
Collins

Lilja/Robinson/Texier Dalpe Bemstrom/Milano/Dano
Gerbe Stenlund Sherwood
Barach Foudy Fix-Wolansky
Bittner/Matteau MacInnis Scott
Gallant Thurkauf/Vigneault/Fortier/Korostelev/Moore

Thanks! I'll also post practice lines once camp starts.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Are they still practicing in Strongsville? I have been meaning to go, they practice right down the street from my work, but I need to extend my lunch break by staying at work later. I don't like staying at work any longer than I have to.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Are they still practicing in Strongsville? I have been meaning to go, they practice right down the street from my work, but I need to extend my lunch break by staying at work later. I don't like staying at work any longer than I have to.

I assume so. I'll let you know if they change facilities.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Maybe I

G:
Vehbilainen/loser of the nhl fight
Kivlenieks
Thiessen

D:
Somerby Clendening
Karlsson Carlsson
Simpson Peeke/Prapavessis
Collins

Lilja/Robinson/Texier Dalpe Bemstrom/Milano/Dano
Gerbe Stenlund Sherwood
Barach Foudy Fix-Wolansky
Bittner/Matteau MacInnis Scott
Gallant Thurkauf/Vigneault/Fortier/Korostelev/Moore

Maybe I am being too harsh on the kid but if the Monsters want to have success then Kivvy should be down in the ECHL and leave the AHL net to V2 and Thiessen. If Kivvy is getting serious playing time in Cleveland (presumably only because of injury) then the Monsters should probably get their golf clubs out early.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Watching Kiv play the last two seasons there have been times he looks clueless, but there have been times you see what they saw in him. To be fair, sometimes the defense in front of him has been not so good. The first season was horrible because the whole team was bad. They are much improved and depending on what CBJ leaves us with he may be ok. NHL ok, doubt it, but good enough for AHL, probably. We tend to forget he made a huge jump going from USHL to the AHL. He was committed to go to college, I believe Minnesota, when Columbus signed him. Honestly, I have seen him play some very good games. Whether he can do it consistantly, or at the next level, we will see.

Reactions: OscarsCards

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Maybe I

Maybe I am being too harsh on the kid but if the Monsters want to have success then Kivvy should be down in the ECHL and leave the AHL net to V2 and Thiessen. If Kivvy is getting serious playing time in Cleveland (presumably only because of injury) then the Monsters should probably get their golf clubs out early.
thiessen is player/coach he isn't going to be full time number 2. even when berube was injured he spent more time coaching kiv than practicing himself. if kiv is in the echl they will probably sign another guy I think at this point

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Bittner, Simpson, Gerbe, Scott on waiver. doubt they are claim worthy.

TFW, Fortier, Robinson, Sherwood, Stenlund, Thurkauf, Carlsson, Collins, Prapavessis. Barach, Gallant, Korostelev, Matteau, Moore, Vigneault, Karlsson, Thiessen, Kivlenieks are also coming down to monster camp

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Dalpe, MacInnis, Hannikainen, Clendening on waiver and Veini, Somerby coming down. Still 4 more player to go. I'd guess Peeke, Foudy, Lilja and Bem.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Dalpe, MacInnis, Hannikainen, Clendening on waiver and Veini, Somerby coming down. Still 4 more player to go. I'd guess Peeke, Foudy, Lilja and Bem.

FYI, Bemstrom reportedly is headed to Sweden for the year if he gets cut by the Jackets. He's still under contract there, similar to Davidsson last year.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Foudy also won't be in Cleveland. It's London or Columbus for him.
FYI, Bemstrom reportedly is headed to Sweden for the year if he gets cut by the Jackets.

I kinda meant the cut and I knew about Foudy but just meant he wont make the jackets and kinda sad Bem can't stay.

I guess that might make it most likely to waive Dano but only 5 of Dano, Dalpe, Clendening, Gerbe, Simpson, Matteau so it would probably mean Matteau released maybe. Gallant will be benched most of the game so that's not an issue

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I kinda meant the cut and I knew about Foudy but just meant he wont make the jackets and kinda sad Bem can't stay.

I guess that might make it most likely to waive Dano but only 5 of Dano, Dalpe, Clendening, Gerbe, Simpson, Matteau so it would probably mean Matteau released maybe. Gallant will be benched most of the game so that's not an issue

Only 5 veterans? Is there an age cut off for that rule?

Also regarding Matteau, what do you mean by "released"? He was signed to an AHL deal, btw.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Only 5 veterans? Is there an age cut off for that rule?

Also regarding Matteau, what do you mean by "released"? He was signed to an AHL deal, btw.
ahl deals come and go pretty easily. if he isn't playing at all he will want to go somewhere else and they will just release him to go to Europe or something that's not uncommon

The vet rule is 260 pro game(ahl,nhl+top eu league) for 5 and one more can be between 260 and 320 so I guess simpson isn't in the 5 but I forgot Hannikainen is vet too so that doesn't make much difference Matteau to be able to play. maybe with injury but I can't wish for that. Gallant will sit waiting for a off game or injury but I don't think Matteau will. If they send Bem back to Sweden and Dano and Milano make the CBJ I guess we don't have any probelm

For reference :
Gerbe 607
Dalpe 501
Dano 396
Clendening 396
Matteau 375
Gallant 363
Hannikainen 323
Simpson 320
Milano 263

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
attended opening day of training camp today. Will post some thoughts soon. In the meantime, here;s my twitter thread on the day (click tweet to see thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->