Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Vigneault signed an ahl only contract

Kind of fell of a cliff with the organization. I remember Jarmo and co. saying he had a chance to compete for 4th line center duty a few years ago, and he broke his wrist in training camp. Haven't heard from him since, and his play seems to have plateaued.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Korostelev is extended and greg moore is signed to a two-way contract, seem like an echl guy that can't maintain an ahl game. Cockerill, Desalvo, Gallant, Wade are Cleveland remaining ufa

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The fans really like Gallant. Whenever he is in the lineup they look forward to him fighting. I would like to see them bring Broadhurst back as he is unrestricted an Winnipeg hasn't re-signed him. He is a solid ahl guy.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
The fans really like Gallant. Whenever he is in the lineup they look forward to him fighting. I would like to see them bring Broadhurst back as he is unrestricted an Winnipeg hasn't re-signed him. He is a solid ahl guy.
he's probably looking at europe considering he was paid 375k last year and I think he has more chance to get something similar in europe. Gallant probably cost pucks.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I think Broadhurst would easily get 375 if not a little more. I wouldn't be surprised if Gallant got 500 or 600 seeing he signed for 2 years. Staying in the ahl would be better because if Broadhurst improves like he has been, and a team needs a 4th line player quick, the nhl is a lot closer over here. He has been a solid player here so I hope they sign him. If not, no biggie.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I think Broadhurst would easily get 375 if not a little more. I wouldn't be surprised if Gallant got 500 or 600 seeing he signed for 2 years. Staying in the ahl would be better because if Broadhurst improves like he has been, and a team needs a 4th line player quick, the nhl is a lot closer over here. He has been a solid player here so I hope they sign him. If not, no biggie.
contract over 200k in the ahl are not that common that's why player leave for europe. they dont hand them out like candy. only gerbe dalpe clendening and simpson are in that category for the monsters but they had 8 last year so I guess they could add some more

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
contract over 200k in the ahl are not that common that's why player leave for europe. they dont hand them out like candy. only gerbe dalpe clendening and simpson are in that category for the monsters but they had 8 last year so I guess they could add some more
I get they don't just hand out those contracts in the ahl, but the fact is Broadhurst has improved every year he has been here, as a season ticket holder I still want the team to be competitve and he is a solid vet. They signed Gallant because the off chance he might fight will put people in the seats. The fact is he doesn't play much and to sign a guy like that and not offer Broadhurst isn't very smart. I think the fights are entertaining, but I like less fighting and better hockey. I do not miss the goon lines and prefer 4 lines of quality players.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
after a rumor at the start of the summer Anton Karlsson finaly sign with cleveland.

Good size defensive D with Character. Maybe he can impress at Columbus camp and get an nhl deal but it's still sweet to see him in cleveland.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
after a rumor at the start of the summer Anton Karlsson finaly sign with cleveland.

Good size defensive D with Character. Maybe he can impress at Columbus camp and get an nhl deal but it's still sweet to see him in cleveland.
Is he a defenseman? Elite prospects has him as a winger/center. We could always use a defenseman.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
That's funny with the name thing. Actually the Anton Karlsson I was looking at has a brother Erik Karlsson. Not much for different names for hockey players in europe. Aren't there two Sebatian Aho's also.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's funny with the name thing. Actually the Anton Karlsson I was looking at has a brother Erik Karlsson. Not much for different names for hockey players in europe. Aren't there two Sebatian Aho's also.

There's also two Josh Anderson's and a Joey Anderson. Elite prospects also lists three Artyom Anisimov's. Seems like a universal issue.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's also two Josh Anderson's and a Joey Anderson. Elite prospects also lists three Artyom Anisimov's. Seems like a universal issue.
And there were two Alexandre Picards. And EP has four guys named Craig Smith and two guys named Seth Jones. Plenty of examples. :)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
And there were two Alexandre Picards. And EP has four guys named Craig Smith and two guys named Seth Jones. Plenty of examples. :)
I believe it was one Alexandre and one Alexander and weren't they drafted the same year :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 1

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Glad they re-signed to stay in Cleveland. Really enjoy going to the games and like watching players make the next step. It is nice also to be able to make the trip to Columbus to see the guys that came from here, and to see the NHL. Although sometimes the AHL games do have an NHL feel, there are some games you wonder if you are watching the ECHL.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad